« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adenhart Crash Survivor in Induced Coma

4/10/2009 2:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon WilhiteJon Wilhite, who survived the car crash that killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others, is currently in a medically-induced coma.

Wilhite underwent surgery yesterday, in part to relieve pressure on his brain. He is suffering from severe head trauma, but we're told his injuries are survivable.

He is currently in critical but stable condition.

Andrew Gallo, the driver of the car that is believed to have caused the crash, is currently in custody and is expected to be charged sometime today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

whocares

Jon my thoughs and prayers are you and your family. Best wishes on a full recovery!

whocares

Jon my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Best wishes for a full recovery!

Obama is a socialist

The drunk driver will get off... he's a minority and in the most liberal state in the nation; political correctness is on his side. He's already been in trouble quite a bit and the system in California continued to let him go.

as

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.

poppy

This is such a heartbreaking story and to be so young and talented. Now watch--------the driver who caused the accident will probably be DUI, no license no insurance, and here's the real kicker---probably is illegal in this country!

Josh4me

No one would care about the accident if the victim wasn't a professional athlete. I am not saying that anyone deserves to be hurt/killed in a car accident,but you think the story would make it on TMZ if it was an everyday person? I don't think so. I am so sick and tired of our society worshiping these celebrities when the everyday people are working hard and getting the short end of the stick and can't ever catch a break!

And I'm tired of these dumbass rappers thanking God every time they win an award. If they are thankful to God,then they should quit glorifying violence,sexism,drug use,and criminal activity and be a better example for our youth. I'm not a super-religious person,but I hate hypocrisy and double standards.

Obama is a socialist

Right on #3. It takes this clown killing three people to force the system to actually do something. I'm sure the ACLU or some Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton-type will come to his defense and get him off.

handymike

PLEASE HEAL MY FRIEND

Hey Hey

God Bless him.. and I think you should mention all the victims in every post. Don't forget about Courtney and the other guy that passed away (I don't even know his name because you hardly mention him)

Countrygirl

I sure hope this man doesn't end up like John Graziano, Nick Hogan's victim.

My thoughts are with him and his family as he fights for his life. The guy that hit them won't have an easy time in jail, there are Angel's fans in there too.....

Pernette

Directed @ #s 3, 5, & 7

I swear after all of the crimes that white people have gotten away with against all races, you people still bitch and moan that minorities have the good life and white people are getting the short end of the stick. Cry me a river! You people make me ashamed that I am a human being.

Pernette

ITA with you Um.

Obama is a socialist

@11

If you're ashamed to be a human being, do the world a favor then and end your miserable existence. The fact of the matter is just by your protesting, you've proved everyone's point -- outrage cannot be directed at a minority, only white people.

Josh4me

Hey number 11,if you read my comment I said "the everyday people". In no way did I specify a particular race or ethnicity. Learn to read and don't make everything into a race issue!

Obama is a socialist

@11

So according to your logic, this drunk driver should get away with it because white people have gotten away with all their crimes against other races?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments