Kanye West Case in Court

4/13/2009 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye WestKanye West's lawyer went to court today and won a delay for West's arraignment for smashing a photog's gear.

The famous Blair Berk reps Kanye, who is charged with vandalism, battery and grand theft -- stemming from a tussle with two photogs at LAX last year. Kanye's manager, Don Crowley, is also charged with two counts of vandalism, two counts of battery and two counts of grand theft. He's repped by prominent defense attorney Shawn Chapman Holley, who wore a yellow pinstriped pant suit to court -- with a necklace.

Bond on both defendants was exonerated because they do not have criminal records and promised to appear for their arraignments.

The incident occurred on September 11, 2008. A TMZ cameraman captured the confrontation ... Kanye can clearly be seen smashing the photog's flash to the ground.

Kanye could get up to 2 1/2 years in jail if convicted on all counts. Crowley could get five years.

Berk and Holley could end up squaring off with TMZ, since our camera got wrecked during the attack. We're only slightly scared...

Hilarious Comment Guy

I am not a GAY FISH!

Hilarious Comment Guy

HAHAHA!

Heene

Hopefully they send him to jail for at least a month to teach him a lesson. I'm sure his dead mother was really ashamed of him looking down from Heaven when he had this giant temper tantrum in the airport. I don't think I would get away with something like this and I don't think this guy should either just because he is good at sampling other peoples artwork and using it to make his music sound halfway decent.

Prince Von A-Hole

That real intelligent, running off the mouth about a case your involved in. You probably screwed your selves

LIZ

It's about time people like Mr. West realize they are not above the law. Just because you wrote a few songs doesn't mean your special to anyone. Come off that high horse your sitting on to a level you belong at.

Rap sucks

Hey Kanye, do you like fishsticks?

Rap sucks

Yes I like putting them in my mouth.

Rap sucks

Then you're a GAY FISH!

Hilarious Comment Guy

see the first comment, rip-off artist

SEANBOOGIE

NOBODY LIKE THE PAPPA A GAYS

Rap sucks

kanye likes the question being asked over and over.

SEANBOOGIE

TMZ IS PATHETIC

Daytona

Kanye... you're a fool!

princesspink

Harvey, I know you're a lawyer and everything, but if you're possible involved in the case, should you be discussing it? I don't think it's a good idea because the LAST thing we want is for these charges to get dropped because of a technicality! P.S. I'm looking for a job. I live for TMZ, have a Bachelor's in English, have journalism experience and know everything there is to know about Hollywood and entertainment. Writing/ working for TMZ would be my dream job, so I thought I would give this a shot with a comment...

asdfjkl;

good news i like gay fish more than gay paps

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments