Wacko Jacko Auction Called Off

4/14/2009 7:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonIf you had your eye on the gloves from "Edward Scissorhands" or the actual gates of Neverland Ranch, we have some disappointing news for you -- the auction of Michael Jackson's crazy stuff ain't happening.

As part of a settlement between Jackson's production company and Julien's Auction House, Jackson gets to keep the nearly 2,000 items that were to be auctioned off beginning next week.

Terms of the settlement are confidential, but the attorney for the auction house tells us "everyone is happy."

The auction house had previously said they spent $2 million organizing the sale and it was guessing the items could have fetched $12 million.

Launch Photos

lisa lisa

Wah wah wah...cry me a river...

henry leed

Ain't wastin' the tears.

Guess Who?

I thought his name was Michael Jackson? What a disrespect to him and his parents for calling him out of his name.

ozzman

jackass jacksons...

kerrybabyxx

He can have his weird creepy stuff,I wouldnt want to have it around me.It just going to go into storage,so hes stupid not to sell.

George

First he sold out 50 dates...then he cancelled the auction. He is back on his feet! heeyee!

Seth

Hey I am a smart college kid who wants a scholarship. If you have a second please go to www.brickfish.com/seththegreat101 and click on my picture to the right of the screen and vote for me for best smile! I can win $500 and really need it. I am the first member of my family to go to college and need help paying for it. Thanks and it will only take like 2 minutes and I would appreciate it. The person in first has 103 votes, so I want to blow them out of the water!

toofastforyou!

HOW MUCH FOR HIS NOSE ? THAT SURE LOOK NICE UP ON MY MANTLE!!!

Woody McBreairty

This is crazy. I just came from viewing the auction pieces at the old Robinson's Dept. Store in Beverly Hills. They did a beautiful job with the displays, almost looks like the bldg. was built for them. There's everything from a Rolls Royce Limousine to clothes, costumes, awards, dishes & furniture and lots of little boy statues. The stuff from his yard, such as statues, signs and such are all outside along with many of his go carts, fire truck, other cars and limousines. I even picked out the stuff I would want (but not really) and had to go back the 2nd time to make sure I didn't miss anything. They have a giant movies screen constantly playing some of Michael's more memorable performances sourrounded by some of his most sparkling costumes Then I come home and find out that the auction has been called off. Well, I'll be!

Onoze

Good! This stuff belongs in a museum, and that's what it sounds like they are going to do with it.

jaye

Don't know why he'd want all that crap.

caroline

These priceless and very personal items belongs to Michael Jackson and noboy else. Im glad that the auction got called off because, he obvisouly didnt want his things to be sold off like that. Go Mike!!

“Dr. Tohme R. Tohme and Darren Julien are pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached today that allows Michael Jackson to retain ownership of the Collection of Michael Jackson. There was so much interest from so many of Jackson’s fans that instead of putting the items in the hands of private collectors, Dr. Tohme and Julien Auctions have made arrangements that will allow the collection to be shared with and enjoyed by Jackson’s fans for many years to come.

“The public exhibition of this wonderful collection belonging to the King of Pop will continue through April 25th in Beverly Hills adjacent to the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

“Dr. Tohme and Julien’s Auction are also pleased to announce that MJJ Productions and Julien’s Auction will each be making a substantial donation to MusiCares to benefit artists in need.”

dogod11

Bless your heart Michael Jackson, and you have done a very good job as a music performer,entertaining billions of people with your uniqueness .You are a legend without a doubt,and your name will always be remember. In all the hindrances and obstacle you have prevailed your innocence, and still you will always be the king of the Pop.

2drk2fck

just goes to show how much crap he has, that you dont need, and neither does he

Onoze

Many of these items, including his world famous glove from the Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean, are historic pop culture memorabilia and it'd be an absolute atrocity if they'd end up anywhere other than a museum to celebrate Michael Jackson's unsurpassed musical legacy. I'm glad the auction has been canceled, and since MJ still co-owns Neverland maybe they will look into fixing it up and establishing a formal museum in the coming years.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments