Claudia Jordan to Miss Cali:

Work That Gay Room

4/20/2009 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USA judge Claudia Jordan tells us Miss California Carrie Prejean didn't play to her audience when she said "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Claudia says, "She should have known her audience better. There's only like five straight guys in the audience at the pageant." You gotta love Claudia!

Launch photosThe former Briefcase #1 model on "Deal or No Deal" says, "I don't agree with what she said, but I don't think she's evil."

And we saved the best for last: "I've been in pageants, and I've been on TMZ, so I know what it's like when you screw up what you meant to say." First of all, love the honesty, Claudia. Second of all, exactly what part did Carrie misspeak?

susan

Why are all of you supporting her?! I personally know Perez and he would never discredit someone for having an opposing opinion. He understood what an honor it was to be a judge and knew he had to put his personal opinions aside.

So, I am certain that her answer didn't have anything to do with his decision...He is a really fair guy. probably didn't like the way she said it.

Don't rage on Perez....he was acting very professional.

1919 days ago

Deepest respect for an honorable man

Carrie's views on this matter line up 100% with Prez Obama and the majority of Americans.

So why should Carrie cater to the few who disagree? What makes that politically correct?

Carrie is the REAL Miss USA...she represents the majority of American's views.

1919 days ago

jean

Give the USA crown to Perez then she can dance with Trump! Then we can all count our blessings! Everyone get up on your tippy toes!!

1919 days ago

Ataja

What the hell? its her opinion, if some one says they agree with gay marriage, their opinion is respected, but if you say you dont then your critizised... how is that
im glad she said that and im also glad she didnt take it back.

1919 days ago

Z

Playing to the crowd was the easiest thing to do, stating you believes took some guts. I have more respect for a person who stands by her beliefs (agree with her or not) then a person who just goes with the flow.

1919 days ago

anita

I am proud that Miss California stood by her beliefs! I support you 100%! The only reason perez ask that question is becuase he knew where she went to school-Jerk!

1919 days ago

Support our Men in Uniform

Why was this question even asked at a pageant? She didn't say she hated anyone or anything. What happened to freedom of speech? To lose over this question then I think there needs to be action toward the committee. We live in a free country. Well, we did. I may not like guns, but I don't hate anyone that has a weapon. I don't like smoking, but I don't hate people that smoke. If the pageant didn't want to hear an honest answer then they shouldn't have asked it, but I congratulate her for not falling victim and having to lie about what she believes in. I hate Miss America pageants anyway. They are so behind the times and the judges don't have a clue about honesty. Perez has a way of talking about everyone else, but when it comes to his gay ways then everyone better bow down to him...BS Perez you can dish it out, but you can't take it. BE A MAN FOR ONCE AND TAKE THE TRUTH...WE DON'T ALL BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIAGE...GET OVER IT.

1919 days ago

otter4771

Why all the hatred towards gay people?? What the heck did they do to deserve all this hatred couched in 'it's just her opinion'? Ridiculous. Would she like it if someone told her she shouldn't marry the guy she loves?? How exactly is loving another person and wanting to commit to them, build a life together, and be happy like any two people who are in love so wrong and immoral? The immoral ones are the ones saying 'I have to stand up to this'. to what? The love and happiness of a certain group. That's called discrimination - and guess what, that ain't what America is all about, Miss USA runner up.

1919 days ago

Julia

Believing Ms. CA did the right thing is giving her opinion is not hating gays. Besides, if America had finally accepted gay marriage, then shouldn't it be legal in all states? People are still not into it, gays are still the minority, and continuing to believe that same sex marriage is a nono is not hating gays.

1919 days ago

Robin

Though I don't agree with Miss CA's statements, I applaud her right to speak her opinion. As for Claudia Jordan, she embodies the old joke; when they were passing out brains, she thought they said trains and asked for a slow one.

1919 days ago

Gator Girl

Teddyp,
You say she lost because she did not answer the correct question. At the same time that would make the question a stupid one to be asked, because states already are deciding how to define marriage. This issue has been being dealt with for a while and many states have already made their decisions. Miss USA needs to get back to it origins and leave out the politics.

1918 days ago

Gator Girl

After responding to something another member said, I watched the video of Perez asking his question. Miss Cali answered the question that was asked. The question was weather states should follow in with Vermont, why or why not. Her answer fit that question just fine, because her answer on why not deals with her beliefs are those are how someone should base their opinions.

And for the person who "knows" Perez, look up the videos of his interviews since Sunday night. He has said he thinks her answer cost her the crown, he also called her the "b" word and said he was actually thinking the "c" word. Since he was so proud to ask that question and to get to answer it, he needed to be ready for any kind of answer. The problem is, she gave him an HONEST answer, which to so many is more important than sugar coating and kissing butt to everyone. We all have opnions, but if you are going to ask someone about theirs, then do not become a cry baby because their opinion is different one than yours.

And no, Perez is not acting professional. Then again, he just happens to be someone who managed to get "famous" by talking about other "famous" people like Paris Hilton. If he wants to act like a professional, he needs to be ready to deal with backlash, just like professionals do. In his interviews he comes across as very the world should revolve around me and everyone should think like I do. At no point was Miss Cali rude in her response, but he has been very rude towards her.

1918 days ago

sheila

Why was Perez judging anyway? The only thing is seems known for is being gay and blabbing everything he knows, even about his friends. After all of her less than stellar appearances on TMZ and her fowl mouthed rants on The Apprentice she should not be judging either.
Miss California did the right thing. She stood proud and stayed true to her morals instead of giving the same rehearsed answers most of the programmed contestants give.

1918 days ago

Sundance

Who gives a rats ass what a insipid former "deal or no deal" idiotic, never was, wanna be model has to say? Ms. Calif. is articulate, beautiful and "honest". Something Claudia (15 seconds of fame) Jordan wouldn't understand. STFU Claudia!

1918 days ago

BD

Ha! Johhny Sack is outraged over mean things being said about Miss runner up. Is he upset at the rampant gay bashing on these posts, too? If Carrie P. stated an honest, faith based position on divorce, exclaiming, "In MY Country, in MY family, the way I was raised, divorce is condemned by god and is adultery - no offense to anyone out there but that's how I was raised.", this would be a very different story.
I sure wish I could be on a TV contest and give my completely honest answer about something like religion, something along the lines of, " In my country, religion wouldn't have nearly the influence on everything it does, no offense to anyone out there, but I'm an athiest." When the inevitable outcry and swift action against me was taken, I would expect defenders of freedom like "Johnny Sack", Sean Hannity and Bill Oreilly, to come to my defense as vigorously as they have for the pretty blonde. After all I was giving my honest opinion, right? The reality is that I'd be raked over the coals, especially in a pageant. I suspect that all the upset is less about free speech than it is about gay marriage, gay rights and gay visibility in general. Several posts on this and other blogs have taken shots at Perez judging a female pageant in the first place. Lovely blonde girls are supposed to prevail in life - gay guys, especially uncouth, big-mouthed queens, aren't .

1918 days ago