Claudia Jordan to Miss Cali:

Work That Gay Room

4/20/2009 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USA judge Claudia Jordan tells us Miss California Carrie Prejean didn't play to her audience when she said "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Claudia says, "She should have known her audience better. There's only like five straight guys in the audience at the pageant." You gotta love Claudia!

Launch photosThe former Briefcase #1 model on "Deal or No Deal" says, "I don't agree with what she said, but I don't think she's evil."

And we saved the best for last: "I've been in pageants, and I've been on TMZ, so I know what it's like when you screw up what you meant to say." First of all, love the honesty, Claudia. Second of all, exactly what part did Carrie misspeak?

Ms. X

I agree with you Claudia. Miss Cali through her fans (gays) under the bus...just like TMZ has done to you many times! You should have won "Celeb. App." too!

Beth

I give her an A for honesty and an F for presentation, she came across as dumb as miss South Caroline (Map girl). She was thrown off guard and didn't have a ready answer. As Miss California, she should have been prepared due to Prop. 8.
She should have kept it short and sweet: "Although I respect the diverse views of my fellow Americans, I personally believe that marriage should be between 1 man and 1 woman."
Miss North Carolina won not because of her answer but because she PRESENTED her answer better and thus sounded smarter. Beauty contests are all about PRESENTATION.

Transcript of Miss California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0&feature=topvideos
"Well I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Ohm.., we live in a land you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what? In my Country..and..in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there but that’s how I was raised and that’s how… I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

Izzy

You know what's really painful about this? All you backwoods ignorant howler monkeys squawking about her rights being violated. Her rights weren't violated . . . she was able to say whatever she wanted which is what she did. She lost the crown because she just wasn't good enough. Blame it on her answer all you want, but while she has the right to speak her mind, every judge on that panel has the right to speak theirs. You can all whine as much as you want, but she's clearly ignorant and her rights weren't smashed in any way. Now, the gay couples who want to get married in this country have long had their rights stripped away. So if you want to cry and scream about her having the right to say whatever she wants, no matter how offensive, dated or just plain stupid it is, then you should be equally pissed that your neighbors are being denied their rights every freaking day.

And spare me the God talk. First of all, there is plenty of research out there that proves the Bible isn't nearly as against this as our modern day homophobes want it to be. And second of all? What is hell does religion have to do with the specific rights given to married couples? If marriage is a Christian tradition and you want to outlaw gay marriage because of the Bible then you need to step up and speak out about non Christians getting married. They do it every day. Satanists can get married. Where's the outrage, idiots? Surely two people who do not even believe in God claiming one of His rituals is a lot more offensive that two loving Christians who just happen to be gay. Oh, and for that other comment about blacks and Prop 8? Yes, every black person who voted to strip people of their rights should be ashamed. Any woman who did so should be ashamed and anyone who is in an interracial relationship should be ashamed. All you wacky Bible thumpers have done is transform the gay community into this generations lepers. Too bad Jesus loved those lepers. And it's pathetic that so many self proclaimed Christians support and push an agenda of hate and oppression.

poopy pants

Well Claudia. you might think she was evil if she had said blacks instead of gays. bigotry is not less evil just because its not against you ( this time). Miss california IS evil and a bigot with the same morals as the KKK or a nazi. Exact same ideologu.

mark

bravo cali. im with you. write me back and i would love to go out with you

opi

Note to Perez, who was saying what she should have said if she was halfway hip. These pageants are a breeding ground for right wing bimbos like her. She isn't hip, doesn't care to be, was raised to get in pageants and marry rich, and be right wing. These pageants are regressive in the extreme, and he's seeing the type of bimbo they breed, like JonBenet Ramsey, another product of right wing Christians.

Jamie

Ok so, she told the truth about a situation and promoted her VALUES. Now people are angry? Would you rather her have lied and played to her audience and then us had a lying role model for our children? She stood up for her belief under scrutiny. I applaud her!

Roxy

She actually said what was on her mind and not what some tweet minded airhead like Perez Hilton was practically leading her to say. I applaud her for speaking her mind and her truth. The whole essence of the questions in the pageant is about really allowing the contestants to speak out their values and beliefs, this girl did exactly that and if the Miss USA pageant didn't give this girl the crown for actually speaking the truth then I'm truly dissapointed in them for doing so. America is about respect for other's beliefs. She definitely should have won, NC's question was a practically handed to her in a silver platter and had no substance whatsoever. CA should have won!! kudos to you girl!

ibleachblackfolks

Oi and poopy pants: The bottom line is, she just stated an opinion. Why is it wrong to speak against banana suckers getting married? All you backdoor humpers who were offended by Ms. Cali's opinion: nobody's saying you can't lick, shoot, and suck each other... just don't get married because, believe it or not, everybody thinks you twisted sluts are gross. It's just that everybody's so scared of the PC police that nobody speaks up anymore.

GC

She was asked her opinion on a matter - At least she told the truth - not some fabrication based upon who her audience was. (If only politicians would do the same!!!) We do still have free speech in the US - the last time I checked.

Voodoo Witch

Ms California stated her beliefs: she wasn't fire and brimstone. The question was a set-up. The question should have been about intelligence, not relgious or political beliefs. I could care less, if one is gay, but I respect the beliefs of those who differ, and yes, I am heterosexual. Perez could go "f" himself.

Anne

Maybe Claudia should realize Miss California's 'audience' consisted of more than the one in Las Vegas. This was a nationally televised pageant. The majority of America does NOT believe in gay marriage and according to Proposition 8 neither does California. But we are talking about a woman who opens up brief cases as a career.

The Gooze

Perez Hilton, the original Horatio Hornblower himself, is using the pageant as a platform for "gay rights." It doesn't matter if 5000 non-heteros were in the audience or not. This issue is clear that he was off topic and beating the drum for his own cause, not that of the ladies who worked diligently to get there.

whatatata

Here is where she screwed up. She stated "in my country", reality check...this is everyone's country, not just hers. Yes, she has a right to her opinion, but when you screw up and then try to save yourself by saying "where I come from and in my home that was how we were raised", no body heard anything after "In MY country".

mothermercury

Thank you Miss California. You could have said something that would have fit perfectly in the moment and the media would have loved for it. Instead, I read somethingyour face. You heard a voice that said to you: "Stay true". You stayed true. You stayed true to God. Thank you. You trully are a winner in my eyes, and I very much look forward in seeing and hearing what you have to say in the future.
God Bless you Miss California