Claudia Jordan to Miss Cali:

Work That Gay Room

4/20/2009 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USA judge Claudia Jordan tells us Miss California Carrie Prejean didn't play to her audience when she said "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Claudia says, "She should have known her audience better. There's only like five straight guys in the audience at the pageant." You gotta love Claudia!

Launch photosThe former Briefcase #1 model on "Deal or No Deal" says, "I don't agree with what she said, but I don't think she's evil."

And we saved the best for last: "I've been in pageants, and I've been on TMZ, so I know what it's like when you screw up what you meant to say." First of all, love the honesty, Claudia. Second of all, exactly what part did Carrie misspeak?

LongJohn69

Work the room? She's not trying to win the "Best Lounge Comic" contest.

2013 days ago

Elizabeth

Those who espouse freedom of speech the most (like Perez Hilton) are the first to try to shut someone up when they don't agree with them.

Perez HIlton (whose opinion couldn't matter in the least to me) has chosen to completely ignore the first half of her response and, instead publically attack her for the second half of her answer.

Whether I agree with Carrie Prejean or not, she has the right to her opinion and she has the right to state it. And shame on the pageant officials who are not supporting a woman's right to do that.

2013 days ago

Alison

If this girl lost the contest because of her answer, it should be because of how ignorant it was. "We live in a land that you can choose same-sex or opposite marriage." Really? I'm sure that's a surprise to residents of 46 states and the District of Columbia.

2013 days ago

jon

Marriage is a religious term and the government should stay away from using it. Govt should only recognize the term Partnership. A person could be married under religion and partnered under govt or many people would just be partnered. There is a separation of church and state and the government should avoid using any conflicting term.

2013 days ago

Rich

As long as the Miss USA pageant is going to use biased judges such as these, no need to watch in the future. You don't ask a question of a persons opinion on a subject and then reject the answer because it doesn't match your own. What a piece of garbage that Perez Hilton is. And the other judge says the person being questioned should play to the audience? Is she for real?

Another Trump show down the tubes.

2013 days ago

Valencia

Some day all people will look back at this day and realize how stupid it was for Homosexuals not to have the right to marry just like we now look back at the time when women didn't have the right to vote or African Americans were segregated.

2013 days ago

Gordy

Claudia is wrong. If you listen to the audience reaction when Perez Hilton mentioned Gay marriage there is a small cheer, but when she mentions marriage between a man and a woman the audience erupts. Much larger portion of the audience in favor of traditional marriage.

2013 days ago

estee

If the question was what are your beliefs on gay marraige than she probably would have won, but that was not the question. The question was do you thinks the states should follow through with gay marriage like Iowa and Vermont?why or why not? She didn't answer the question correctly because she answered the wrong question. She was either going to be a 1st winner up or Miss USA but she messed up on her answer. Case closed. THe question didn't call for her to interject her personal beliefs on gay marriage but whether or not the states should allowed it. A safe answer would have been, The states not the federal government should decide whether or not their should be gay marriage like Iowa, Vermont and possible California. There she would have answered her question without projecting her beliefs on everyone and expecting everyone to accept it. That is her problem and the problem of a lot of people up here. You expect everyone to accept your beliefs base on the fact that you believed them to be right and get angry at others who disagree with you. Besides do you really want a Miss America who doesn't know how to answer question that differ from her view intelligently?

2013 days ago

lululatrue

I think she was awsome...why play to the crowd thats phoney, she did the right thing and Perez Hilton is a jerk, how did he get famous anyway what a loser.

2013 days ago

Josh

Good for her! Why should she have to sacrifice her beliefs when she belives what the vast majority of Americans think. You shouldn't base a beauty contest on politicaly loaded questions anyway. If Miss USA thinks that Perez Hilton is of high enough moral carcter to judge these girls in the first place then I would be PROUD to fall short of his "moral" standars and loose that contest. In fact, based on the judges, my Miss USA is the first girl kicked off.

Most Americans don't believe that your sexual preference should guarentee you special rights any how. Rev. Wright must have been right. If this is the way America is going the chickens are coming home to roost. To think that I got up in arms over that the first time and now I'm quoting him. Thats change you can believe in.

2013 days ago

GoCali37TN

Carrie Prejean should be commended for standing up for her beliefs. The liberal left believes in "free speech" only so far as, one speaks what the LEFT WANTS TO HEAR! And who is this "Perez" person? What is the Miss USA pageant doing choosing some "poser" or "wannabe" to be a judge? Oh that's right, they have a right to choose who they want, just like Carrie Prejean, has a right express her opinions and live out her Christian beliefs. My word to Carrie: Just keep being you! The USA loves you just the way you are!

2013 days ago

jaye

Claudia is full of SHI*T!. The woman stood up for her beliefs. So Claudia is preaching that people LIE to get ahead. Oh yeah, that's a great message to send to kids. More people should stand up for what they believe, isn't that what our country was founded on?

2012 days ago

rhbjorn

One of the core values of liberalism is the respect of views that differ from your own. I disagree with Carrie Prejeans view, but thinks no less of her for having,or voicing it. I do however find it difficult to respect those who call CP dumb because she disagrees with them, So I guess I side with those I disagree with on this issue.

2012 days ago

whatsyourpoint

so I want to marry my dog...I have the civil right to do so...all you people that tell me how morally wrong this is are nothing but close minded turds... currently I'm a polyagmist with 7 wives.... this is my civil right also, and anyone who says different is a close minded bigot.

If you didn't catch the sarcasm here then I feel sorry for you...

so where does this stop?

Brothers and Sisters...multiple husbands....multilple wives....animals....

I understand how you can have strong feelings for another person...but the line does need to be drawn somewhere, and lets face it if everywhere allows gay marriage to happen we might as well just open the flood gates and allow anyone to get married to anyone as many times as they want.

2012 days ago

madturk

Suppose it was the other way around, and someone lost because they believed in gay marriage. What would whoever that guy/girl think then. The left live in a fantasy world. She has an opinion, she stated it, they can't handle the truth. I've never seen so much hate [did you see his you tube] To me she is Miss America.

2012 days ago