Jimmy Dean's House Overcooked in Blaze

4/21/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A fire consumed the Virginia home of sausage connoisseur and sometime country singer Jimmy Dean last night -- but fear not ... everyone escaped and Jimmy was able to save his 1962 Grammy from perishing in the blaze.

Jimmy Dean

The Henrico County Fire Department tells us the blaze -- which they believe to be accidental -- started in the basement of Jimmy's Virgina home last night, causing major damage. Although Jimmy and his wife were unharmed, three firefighters were injured while trying to contain the flames, according to WWBT.

We're told Jimmy saved as much stuff from the burning building as he could -- including the Grammy he won for "Big Bad John" back in the 60's.

bitzod

I ghost wrote that song for my daddies truck a buckSS

duDe

I got your sausage right here

rob white

Oh my God i bet that smelled amazing

DaJuice

Bet it smelled GOOOOOOOD as it burned!!!

LH

My sympathy is extended to Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Dean on the loss of their home. Both of you are safe and that is what is important. My deepest concerns go out to the brave firefighters and their families at this time. I feel your pain and pray for your speedy recovery. You are indeed the hero(s) and heroine(s) deserving of praise and respect!

Remembering Jimmy's song "Big John" brings a big smile to my face. The USA music industry is thumbing it's nose at unique singers like Jimmy Dean, Johnny Horton, Johnny Cash, Faron Young, Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, and even Elvis Presley's songs - so reading about Jimmy Dean's loss just made my day - otherwise, I wouldn't have thought about Jimmy Dean today. Something righteous came out of this afterall.

PEPSI Generation

ded daddy got burned up?.We got ern our daddies mok N davies death raySS

PEPSI Generation

Chem plane N davies death ray doodahs 80 yearzs old mok$ weak ass 4 sure dude!.

sceptre30

The fire started while he was frying sausages....the grease splattered.....ignited...and the rest is history

Kay

I went to public school in the 4th grade in Arlington, Va. That would have been in 1957-58, I think. One of my classmates was named Patty and the only thing I remember about her is that she constantly bragged about being a neighbor of Jimmy Dean.

I assume at that time he was appearing on a radio or TV show in the Wash., D.C. metro area. I just checked a search engine and confirmed the show.

LH

Most of the posts here are appalling. Firefighters got injured. A couple's home is damaged by fire. Yet, you idiots have posted stupid stuff on here as if you are insane. Shame on you!

Frank

I'm glad that Jimmy Dean did not burn his sausage in the fire.

Bubbajk

So was that Jimmy Dean or Yosemeny Sam jumpin' around yellin', "MY BISCUITS ARE BURNIN'!! MY BISCUITS ARE BURNIN'!!"

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I bet it smelled like a BB-Q going on. Oh well, at least he saved his grammy (eye roll). I hope they didn't have pets competing for survival with a F**King Grammy.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Now THIS what REAL reporters report about ...kinda make the LIVE -CAM (with audio no less!) of the lingerie camp look "high school", huh?!

Grammar nazi

I don't care about his house. He's a mass animal killer.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments