Miss Cali Claims She Was 'Biblically Correct'

4/21/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sure, she alienated the gay and lesbian audience and probably lost the crown by saying "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman," but Miss USA loser Carrie Prejean has no regrets.

Carrie Prejean: Click to watch
Matt Lauer gave Carrie a second chance to answer the controversial question this morning on "Today." Her answer: "The way that I answered might have been offensive ... but for me, it was being biblically correct."

Edie Oho...

GOOD FOR YOU FOR SPEAKING YOUR MIND! Last I heard we still had the right or did Obama take that away too???

I applaud her and Perez Hilton is an absolute idiot!

Woot Woot for some values! You believe your way and I'll believe mine...WAY TO GO, MISS CALIFORNIA!!
I'm with you all the way...

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

Good for her .. I am sick and tired of Liberals controlling everything and they love to start a fight. Immoral activities are NOT helping our world be better off. God Bless her in her pure decent answer. The good moral people are behind you!

Mememememememe

Watch....she will have her own show on FOX News next week. Watch out Elizabeth Pregnantback.

Scott

I am getting sick and tired of Perez Hilton and all his complaining. Have you seen his site? All he does is complain about people. You can add my name to the list of people that will no longer support Perez or his lame website. I won't even watch any show that he is on. Not unless he grows up real fast.

MISS SWEET D

SHE WAS IN A MISS USA PAGENT, SO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT COUNTRY WAS SHE FROM?? THE WAY SHE SOUNDED IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS FROM AFGHANISTAN OR SOMETHING. SO NOW WE HAVE RELIGION BROUGHT IN TO THE PAGENT. ISN'T IT SUPERFICIAL ENOUGH WITH THESE ANEROXIC BROADS PARADING AROUND

ArmyWife

Amen to Miss California for standing up for herself! I'm so sick and tired of liberals wanting the right to their own opinions and beliefs, but as soon as someone with a moral or Christian opinion says something, the liberals go wild. Don't ask such a dumb ass loaded question if you don't want it answered! He only wanted it answered if he agreed with the answer. He just wanted to put out the whole gay agenda thing since she was Miss California because he's probably butt hurt (haha..get it..butt hurt) about Prop 8. He thought that just because she's from California and this stupid state is full of liberals and gays, then she was automatically going to take his side. News flash Perez, there are still Christians in California.....Christians that don't ignore a certain part of the Bible because they want to fit in with the gay community and this whole era of being cool and being bisexual just because it's the "in" thing to do now. I get so sick of famous people saying something conservative they believe in, and then turn around and apologize for it because everyone got mad. Way to turn your back on God just because you want to be popular. I am SO proud of Miss California for standing by what she said. I figured she was going to go the same route as everyone else and start kissing ass, but she didn't. Good girl!

Bunzer

Can you believe in a country with freedom of speech there is such controversy over someone's answer to a question? Especially when there isn't anything wrong with the answer--call it whatever you want, civil union whatever I don't care, but dont call it marriage because it is what is is--between a man and a woman. Just like a Christmas tree is a Christmas tree--not a holiday tree.

J D

Thanks for standing up for what you believe in I believe the same as you do So your right!!!!!! They are wrong! You have a right to your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donna

please go to www.perezhilton.com and send him an email letting him know he robbed this girl of the right to have an opinion. I dont agree with her but I do believe she has the right to voice her opinion honestly when asked. He asked the question, he got the answer and when he did not like it, he broke the rules. You are suppose to judge her based on her speaking, not if you like the answer or not.

Alexia

The problem wasn't with her opinion, everyone is enttiled to that of course. However, the problem was with the fact that she could not even articulate her opinion properly. What is "opposite marriage' and what "land" does she live in? She made absolutely no sense and still made runner up? This is why yhese pagents have such a bad name. Clearly they are only about beauty...no brains required!

bizgal

Good for Miss Cali standing up for what she believes in! Don't buy into the gay/lesbian agenda! Marriage is between one MAN and one WOMAN! Get it straight- one man one woman. If gay marriage is passed, what's next, marriage to a sheep? IF gays want to marry, get together and go off to some unpopulated land and start your own society!

shannon

Oh my gosh, #14, you mat be gay but marry me right now!
Haha, thank you SO MUCH for being understanding and LOGICAL, and not at all prejudice!
You are a wonderful person, and I completely respect you.

Alexa

On the Today Show she said that winning "isn't what God wanted for me that night." Huh? What's God got to do with it? SHE'S the one that screwd up she chances of winning. She didn't know Perez was gay? She knew he'd be insulted by her answer but she decided to go with it anyway.
Oh, and and by the way Carrie. There is no God, you whack job!

who has the facts? ME

Those who take the Bible literally as are scary as those who take the Koran literally. Religious zealots are frightening no matter what type

Wheezer

What happened to freedom of speech? Are we now pursecuted for speaking our minds? I agree with Miss Cali, I do not believe in same sex marriage, however, at the same time, I dont believe it is wrong to be homosexual either. That is each persons choice. Just keep it too yourselves people!

Good for you Miss Cali! Thank you for standing up for something. Unlike many people in this country, who have no backbone, you did something that millions wouldnt. You spoke what you believed! I wish you would have won, and in my eyes you did! Good Job

I think Hilton is ignorant for blaming Miss Cali's answer for ruining her chance for the crown. I think it is also sad that Hilton believes a pageant contestant should lie to win the crown!!! He has the you can believe what you want just dont tell others kinda attitude, and that pathetic. Well throw that back in your face, Hilton, you can be homosexual all you want, just please dont tell or show anyone else!