'Sopranos' Star Calls In a Hit Over Miss Cali

4/22/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played Johnny Sack is so pissed off about the Miss California controversy -- he called in to the TMZ tipline to unload!

Johnny Sack - Play audio

According to our first celebrity voicemail, Vince Curatola is furious with certain people (blogger Perez Hilton, in particular) for bashing Miss California Carrie Prejean after she voiced her opinion on gay marriage -- calling the attacks "disgusting."

Curatola even issued Perez a challenge -- "I wish he'd come after me that way."

EGGO

She does have the right to express her opinion.........after all, this is America. Why is Perez the expert on Miss America? The last time I checked Queens could not enter. Someone once said "I might not agree with what you said but I will defend to the death your right to say it". Perez is making an ASS of himself over this one. Alot of people don't like gays but they don't care if they marry. Some people will never accept it. Different strokes for Different folks. She didn't put the entire gay lifestyle down....she just said she didn't dig it. What the hell does that have to do with Miss America?

Suri needs a coat!

I think the whole thing was a set up. Donald Trump owns this pageant. He loves controversy and anything that will give him ratings. He knows Perez is all about controversy too. I don't care if Perez is gay, straight or bi. He is just full of hate. He's so mean spirited. Knowing Miss Cali's background, of course he would pose such a question to her. And look what has happened, this is the "news" people are talking about. Donnie and Perez got their publicity!

pat

Shawn #99, I have no idea what your actual point was. Could you say in one sentence what you meant? I am just curious who's side you were on, or if you just hate red necks. Could you clarify yourself?

GAYANDLOVINGIT

PS WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FAT UGLY GUY GOING TO DO??? EAT PEREZ?? GIVE ME A BREAK YOU FAT COW.. JUST LIKE EVERYONE IN AMERICA.. BUNCH OF FATTIES!! HAHA EVERYTIME I GO TO THE STATES I LAUGH BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SOOOOOO FAT ITS CRAZY, I DIDNT KNOW PEOPLE COULD STAY ALIVE WHY BEING SO OVERWEIGHT.. ITS DISGUSTING... ALL OF YOU NEED TO PUT DOWN THE DONUTS, GET OFF THE COMPUTER, AND TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE...

1stAmmendmentBaby

Are you kidding me???? I wouldn't say that Vincent "unloaded" about this "controversy". But I do agree with other posters and w/Vincent that free speach surpasses any 'homosexual protection clause' Perez might have in his contract. ha ha ha! BTW, when did Perez get to host/judge the Miss USA pagent anyway. This pagent has gone downhill for the past 10 years, and Perez being on there just proves it. I bet these girls can't believe they even have to deal with twits like Perez. And now... finding out Billy Bush has mono! He's an idiot for even going out there and hosting while sick (I don't care that he said he felt OK, he was sick!). Anyway.... GOOD JOB VINCENT for exercising your freedom of speach. And shame on TMZ for promoting it as if it was a raging voicemail full of hate and challenges.

roo

I've actually suggested boycotting Perez Hilton's page for 1 week to protest his treatment of Miss California, as I feel he was completely out of line #1. asking her that in the first place and #2. in the classless namecalling that ensued when he had a rage about her response. If you agree with me, please feel free to join the week long boycott.

Thanks.

Mercy

What confuses me most is , why is it that perez pig hilton bashes anyone and everyone and yet the exact celebs he bashes are so cordial to him???
They all showed up for his birthday bash , heidi montag and pratt , he bashes constantly , yet they greet him with hugs and support , same with miley , even madonna ?

If I were being bashed by a flaming homosexual who drew a penis on my picture and smeared my latest work , why in God's name would I greet him or support him in any capacity ?????

john q pubic

why didn't Perez just make a statement instead of asking a question? He said that Miss California should have answered a certain way and that politics don't belong in a beauty pagent. I agree politics don't belong in a beauty pagent so then why did Perez bring them on by asking that insanely stupid question and who was the MORON that had him be a judge?. In what country can we not voice our opinion, he asked her a question, is she supposed to lie? or actually answer the question? what a dips#$% that Perez is. I am going to boycott all companies and stations that bash Miss California.

something smells

HE IS TOTALLY RIGHT. WE DON'T HAVE TO AGREE ON EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY. PEREZ IS A A$$HOLE.

Nejxn

Because he is acting like a 12 year old drama queen, throwing his little hissy fits all over television and his blog, Perez has not only managed to piss off most of his readers, but also alienate half of the GAY community in the process. What's even funnier is that Carrie is getting MUCH more positive publicity from this than she EVER would have as Miss USA. You can bet she is gonna land some SWEET career opportunities out of this! She is already THANKING Perez on television! Karma, baby!

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Well, I believe you are born gay. I'm so tired of people saying that you aren't , and i'm straight. I don't think everyone , example, lindsay L, is born gay, just most. So, I believe my god, my christian god, accepts gay marriages. BUT, I can't stand perez and I have no problem with what this girl said. She didn't say anything to offend me. It does offend me some when I hear so many say you aren't born gay. Well, if it's such a bad thing like some of you think, which i don't, there are birth defects right? So, why can't you look at it at least like that? Once again, I don't see it that way, but if you see it as bad and are christian, at least see it as not able to be helped and in your mind compare it to something that someone has that can't be helped.

Carl

Again, the double standard in theis country rears its ugly head. All these hollywood types who are vilifying this woman for her beliefs and thoughts after she was asked for them are all the hippocracy I can take, Where were they when their messiah Obama came out and said basically the exact same thing!!!!!!

tragic

I love it! PLEASE PLEASE KILL PEREZ, that scrofulous pig with no soul. He's an embarassment. And frankly the gay community should be ashamed of him. And this is coming from someone in their camp!

roo

Freedom rocks: Yes, I think that people can respect your view and desire because it is respectful of others. However, Perez has set your movement back with his hate speech. The guy should just SHUT UP and allow folks like you to get the word out. Good luckin your endeavors.

I can't believe TMZ

Who the hell does Perez Hilton thinks he is?

What right does he have to tell Ms. California what to say or not to say? FYI MR. Hilton, Ms. California has every right to say what she has to say.

Or are you trying to tell the rest of the world that people don't have as much right as you have to voice out our own opinion? How dare you!

And to think that Ms. California lost her bid because she was NOT FOR gay marriage,now that is unfair.ISN'T THAT A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF DISCRIMINATION? PEREZ AND SOME OTHER GAYS ARE TELLING US THAT IF WE DON'T AGREE WITH THEM, THEY WILL MAKE LIFE DIFFICULT FOR US, EVEN IF WE WORKED HARD FOR IT, AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A HAND IN DECISION MAKING ( LIKE BEING A JUDGE IN A PAGEANT ), YOU CAN KISS YOUR AMBITION GOODBYE.

It was not like Ms. California said something really offending or horrible for her to be treated like that.I am for gay marriage but i am also for free speech.