Burglars Hit Kelly Monaco's Vegas Penthouse

4/25/2009 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly MonacoKelly Monaco narrowly escaped a run-in with a burglar who broke into her Las Vegas penthouse early Thursday morning -- by hiding behind her bed while it all went down.

Sources tell TMZ Monaco was asleep in her penthouse at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas around 4:00 AM when she heard an intruder banging around inside the living room. We're told Kelly hid behind her bed -- but the bad guy never tried to get into the bedroom.

When the coast was clear, Kelly emerged from her room, saw that her place was trashed, and called police.

Las Vegas P.D. confirms to TMZ a burglary report was filed, but would not confirm what was stolen.

We're told Monaco is now using a personal security team -- and plans on keeping the bodyguards around as long as she's in Vegas ... which could be a while. She's currently starring in "Peepshow" at Planet Hollywood with Mel B.

Planet Hollywood had no comment.

Vaginaman

Buglars?

incredulous

Damn, buglars robbing people...Whats next? Violinists assaulting people? We need to monitor musicians more carefully!

MaztoBall

What is a buglar?

PatinNJ

Who is she? I honestly have never heard of her.

Luke Warmwater

She's got a phone next to her bed, right? Couldn't call 911? DOLT!

agree

Who? And Who cares? Dam, tmz

Victoria

She was on dancing with the stars in the first season and won. Plays Sam on General Hospital. Very pretty and I'd say she was afraid to get on the phone with a burglar in her house. She didn't want to be heard. Trust me, I've been in that situation and the fear is overwhelming. You don't think straight...it happens so fast. I'm glad she wasn't hurt.

luxury hotels

Oh it nearly got thru her.. any way it s nice to hear that Kelly is safe.

why?

I wonder if Kelly knows that many of her peers over at GH are snickering behind her back for preforming a live low rent strip tease act out in Vegas. They must be paying her well, even so...money can't buy you class.

why?

I know, it's performing. I'm a dumb f@#$ idiot, moron and retard.There, saved all you spelling police the trouble. My English teacher used to warn me about partying all night vs studying, but it was so worth it!

Bloodline

Bulgars rob everything
www.i-guide.ro/timisoara

Illinois person

She plays Sam on General Hospital, also the first winner of Dancing With The Stars and was a judge at the all-too-infamous Miss USA pageant. If all of this is true, it must be an inside job meaning hotel staff knows which room she's in. Also, if she's in a penthouse then some security this room and the hotel overall has. Why wouldn't you get the front desk security on the phone?
If you didn't see the intruder, how do you know it was a guy? Girls commit crimes too, you know? Probably someone who lost all of their money at the slots. Usually, penthouses are on an exclusive floor where only the registered guess have access to it.

Kathy

Well, glad she wasn't hurt.

She IS pretty but what's with this horrible pic of her TMZ?

Yuck

1971 days ago

wasted days and wasted nights

Glad she is safe but one would think there is better security at such a pricey location.

Terri

When I read it, my first thought was inside job.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments