Richie Sambora -- Extremely High Risk Blackjack

4/27/2009 5:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's no place more dangerous in the world for a recovering alcoholic than a Blackjack table in Vegas -- but this weekend at the Hard Rock, Richie Sambora was in the mood to gamble...

Richie Sambora

Fortunately, the Bon Jovi guitar legend -- who went to rehab for booze in '07 and got a DUI in '08 -- only took a chance with the cards, because Sambora and his crew stuck to bottled water all night long.

That's a win in our book.

sleepy

well, if richie and his support group friends want to sit and play high roller games with bottled water, let him and them, i am just not into it. i would of done it different, give me a card table at home, pennies, with a non alcholic beverage, salmon dip and crackers to support a friend not a public embarassment. oh yeah, and the lady and richie covering up their hands the same way, could it be rings both are covering up??

1988 days ago

Sarah Henke

I love Richie Sambora & so what that he was poped with a dui. He is a human being just like all of us, we all make mistakes and I am very glad to hear that the child indangerment charge was dropped and that he only received probation.
I hope he can get it together, at least through probation & after that is over... Go and have a GREAT TIME RICHIE!!!

1967 days ago

jerseygirl707

addiction is addiction-- why put yourself in a spot where you are surrounded by alcohol and HUGE amounts of impulse-based decisons like casino? he's going to end up swapping the comfort & thrill of one addiction by a very highly addictive habit?

2006 days ago

northern gypsy

look at this poor fellows hands...he's struggleing with his addictions...
only after you've gone over to the dark side...and lived to tell the tale !!!
you are the person you want to be...good luck ritchie...

2006 days ago

lori

I think the band he's in, Bon Jovi, played a gig this Friday at the Hard Rock Casino (the new Joint)

2006 days ago

Terri

I think it's kinda strange the woman next to him is doing almost the same thing with her hands......just sayin

2006 days ago

CMJNM

It really is helpful if your friends don't drink either while you're around. Its a good sign of support. That's how I quit smoking. My friends wouldn't smoke around me for about a year. After a year, other people smoking around me didn't bother me. I don't know if that would work with alchol though

However, I could smell the smoke much worse than before and thought to myself...sheez! did I smell that bad?

2006 days ago

TheRaw420

I'm calling "BullHucky" That water bottle is filled with Patron Platinum! the best way to hide something is right in the open.

We've all been fooled ..... ha ha ha ha ha ha

2006 days ago

Sceptical

Water and Vodka are the same 'color'...just saying...

2006 days ago

barney16

Did not notice him,was busy looking at the hot looking blonde

2005 days ago

Lala

You guys are haters. The guy goes to play cards and have fun and makes a GOOD decision by not drinking and this is what he gets. Nice. Typical.

2005 days ago

jovibitch4life

He looks healthy and is relaxing and having fun in Vegas. Leave him alone!

2005 days ago

Lewy

I was there (the girl in the black dress) and Richie was completely sober. He ordered water all night long. He was so great to everyone at the table. He was laughing and joking with all of us and cheering on others when they had a good hand. He was having fun and was generous and kind to everyone. He looks amazingly healthy.

2005 days ago

FREEKIEFER

he's playing on the low rent tables, just sayin

2005 days ago

g-dawg

Congratulations to you Richie! It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it is definitely worth it!!!

2005 days ago