Oscar Nominee Nearly Run Down!

5/1/2009 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Benjamin Button" star Taraji P. Henson was thiiiiiis close to becoming road kill in NYC yesterday -- but our photog was there to valiantly save the day.

Taraji P. Henson: Click to watch
Of course, she probably would have been paying more attention to the street if she wasn't busy talking to the camera.

Let's just call it even.

Mike Botz

Taraji is a wonderful girl. She had been dating Artie Help for a while. I glad she is ok.

1939 days ago

artie help

perez hilton was driving the town car.

1939 days ago

Todd Lee

"save the day" my ass, if it wasn't for you jerk off photographers, then the world would be a better place.

1939 days ago

King Beef

Yeah.. It's all fun and games until one of your photogs gets somebody killed. Does the name Princess Diana ring a bell??

1939 days ago

Rita

King Beef, you are 100% right.....don't you people at TMZ realize that your obnoxious behavior can truly be dangerous? Would you have taken responsibility if she had been talking to you and had been hit? I'll bet not. You are poor excuses for human beings. Kirstie Ally was on tv yesterday and she was talking about how TMZ paps were following her to get 'fat' pictures, and they were at the upper floors outside the elevator doors, as well as the lower floors. When she tried to ignore them, one photographer yelled, "Hey fat ass, turn around so I can get your picture". Nice. I hope and pray that you get yours someday. Then you wonder why some celebs kick your photog's a sses? I'd like to see it more, personally.

1939 days ago

Linda Mott

I love her, she is always nice to everyone.

1939 days ago

Sharona

Save her!!!.............it looks to me like the pap caused it. Keep your trap shut when people are crossing the road!

1939 days ago

becca

she's soooo beautiful, and talented - and she seems like such a nice person.

1939 days ago

John

Doesn't matter whether there was a light or she was talking to a photog. New Yorkers don't care about safety.

1938 days ago