Miss Universe Org. Declares War Over Anti-Gay Ad

5/5/2009 3:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Miss Universe Organization just told us they've fired off a cease and desist letter to the National Organization for Marriage -- after NOM used footage from the Miss USA 2009 pageant in an anti-gay marriage commercial.

The commercial -- which is currently still playing on NOM's website -- uses Carrie Prejean's pageant response to the gay marriage question as a selling point for the ad.

This doesn't mean the MUO is taking sides on the issue -- just saying NOM can't use the copyrighted material to promote their agenda.

Story developing...

RACHEL

Dam, this is POINTLESS, get ovr this unimportant topic at once!

Divashels

SO TRUE YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH ...
YEAH FREEDOM OF SPEECH IF IT SUITS BLEEDING HEART TREE HUGGERS!!!!!!!!!

Merin

Gay marriage - fine, great. I don't have a problem with it, I have a problem with censorship - as should everyone.
If she doesn't agree with it, she should be able to say that without groups of people holding her up on the national stage as a villian. We don't all have to agree with each other, but showing other people respect is essential.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

She shouldn't open her mouth when she has no clue what she's talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gay people don't want marriage, they just want equal rights... civil unions!!! so Christians calm it.

National Champs

I want to know how Perez Hilton became a judge anyways? And what a dumb question to ask too. Appareantly he was there to "Judge a Beauty Contest" Not to make this a court for his personal gay right projects, And then out of his own mouth, he called the woman names. He is the one that should be ashamed.
Obvious He shouldnt have ever been a Judge.

Bex

Little slow, aren't ya? There are pics of her in pink panties all over the net. I defended her. Turns out she is a lying bible thumping tramp. Next time I won't be so quick to take sides. She is an idiot.

Brian Peppers

Perez HIlton sucks! STFU you stupid horse faced loser! Just because you are a pole smoker doesn't make you better than anyone else!

Fyuk Yiu

Every one knows being Gay is a Mental disorder. That does'nt mean that we shoul discriminate or deny anyone their rights as Americans. Let them get married and indure the headache of marriage! Why not? She probabaly should have represented California better by knowing what our laws are here are on that subject. To each his or her own I say. TRUST NO ONE.
Big Bad,California
866K

Mary

Wow, this is the most publicity the MUO has received in years, they should be happy they are finally getting some lines in the media, lol.

Frankly she has a right to say what ever she feels like but it seems that when you speak your mind & some one doesn't like it you are called names & degraded. It saddens me to think that the freedom of speech in this country is being run over by liberals & are the first to bitch & moan if others don't listen to them.

Go Away

She lost, Now go lay by your dish. Chop Chop

.....

To: her mama is a lesbian...your name and your post speak volumes asto your intelligence level...all i can say to that is...well...bless your little heart

Suck On This

These folks say they're born that way and I believe that is true but they're birth defect in no way is reason for them to be allowed to marry someone of the same sex.

A male homosexuals' birth defect causes his thought processes to be so screwed up that they see another mans anus to be sexually exciting. Being hard wired hetero it makes my skin crawl at the thought.

What we need in this country is a prenatal test for woman that would detect this birth defect and allow mothers to bypass the sadness that it's birth would bring about. DNA manipulation is in our future. Lets hope it comes quickly!

mellon bruse N

GAY marriage BUFF`s need to take a reality PILL.Marriages fail at about a 70% margin so how will gay marriages fare any better,BLIND LOVE while I see the how`s and whys about gay marriages what will be and family unit than?Test tube babys and designer babys and clones but maybe thios country will just die off?.What will be the next form of marriage-this form of today had been around a long time.I would marry a robot but I could never marry myself I loveTNA way to much.I came from a step family that was mostly gay and thats OK for them but not for me.let them marry let them bust up marriage of all forms is in trouble today.I think people have a right to say whatever they want if they don`t think that gay marriage is right than they can say so and gays that want to marry should thank male/female couples they have put more ground work into being marryed.Yes gays got treated bad in the past but they should`nt do the same thing to people who are not gay.I think all gays arte Bisexual as the male or female is replaced by a toy or mannor of the other sex to make the relationship work.

Elizabeth

She's pissed because Miss North Carolina beat her, fair and square. Miss North Carolina is the new Miss USA. Miss Calif, is a LOSER. Nothing like keeping yourself in the news, though. I think they call it being a media whore.

Wow

I think MUO is clearly taking sides. Someone says something not politically correct and they can't stand it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments