Britney Spears Sued

by Former Bodyguard

5/19/2009 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsA former bodyguard for Britney Spears just filed a lawsuit against her, saying he sustained physical injuries while working at her old digs at the Summit in Los Angeles.

According to the docs, Kerry Vine says Spears "negligently operated her home and business thereby causing injuries to [him]" and says the security firm he worked for forced him to perform duties that put him in harm's way.

UPDATE 7:10 PT ET Get this!!! A source involved in the situation tells us ... Vine worked at Britney's home a grand total of 3 days. On the last day he volunteered to move a small table with a few other guys. He called in sick the next day, complaining of shoulder pain.

He's been on worker's comp, we're told, ever since, and he moved the table a year ago!

Pistol

Uh.... he's a bodyguard. He's supposed to step into harms way.

1991 days ago

Pat-Mann

Did the security firm that hired Kerry Vine screen him properly? He's supposed to be a bodyguard. BODY GUARD. The words that make up the title are pretty much self explanatory. In this case, to GUARD the BODY, and maintain the safety and well-being of Britney Spears.

This guy's ridiculous. To be put in harm's way is the requirement of a bodyguard. Good thing he isn't a member of the Secret Service. They're required to take a bullet for the President. Find another security firm, Brit!

1991 days ago

Cleveland-West_Side

You think that's bad, on the set of 'American Pie 2' I ran out of vodka, had to shut down production, that's why I turned down 'American Pie 3.'

1991 days ago

Not sure about all of this

Altogether now, everybody wants to if you seek amy!!!!!

1991 days ago

josi

OMG! LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU BRIT-BRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1991 days ago

PIGTAILS

are you flipping kidding me. I work in the medical field and its amazing the amount of people who want to just sit at home on there ever widening ass and collect from disability and work comp over the stupidest stuff. you hurt your shoulder moving a table and prob made a stupid amount of money in that 3 days so quit your bitching and get your lazy ass back to work. i had a kidney removed and was back at work and finishing school at the same time in less than 6 weeks. please every lazy lying ass in this country please go back to work i cant afford to support any more of your asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1990 days ago

CheshireHope

You know, i was a fan of her's when she 1st started then she lost my interested with opps i did it again. but her new stuff is awesome and amazing. I feel for her having to deal with all this craziness thats been happening in her life. even i would have reached my breaking point with the things she's been through. I fear that we forget that celeberties are people too!

I really hope that this guy's "scam" gets busted and they make him repay the money that he took wrongly. this whole thing just sounds like a scam to me.

i wish Brittany all the best of luck in the crazy world.

1990 days ago

Missy

Pigtails #26,

Nicely said about the lazy asses!!!!!!!

1990 days ago

Annette

All of the boys and all of the girls are looking to If You Seek Amy. Poor Britney. They should publish the guys name and picture. He deserves negative publicity. The loser.

1990 days ago

Keifer not ok

Worked for Brit 3 days and on workman's comp for a year now? And suing? I wonder if this ijit knows what he's in for. She should fight this instead of paying him a few thou to go away. I bet if they check his background they'll find a pattern of this kind of behavour. Would be worth it to send a message to the world that if one wants to sue her, better have just cause.

1990 days ago

frogs and gravel

Keep the Good Fight Britney! I am your biggest fan. Oh, and you owe me $500 for
this nice post. ARRRRG,,, My fingers are cramping up from typing this post, Brit, you
owe me another $500 for my aching fingers.

1990 days ago

R

Poor Britney. She is being milked into the same fate as Micheal Jackson.

1990 days ago

Oh. My. God.

#32 and #33 You seriously need help. I will not go into the specifics of your psychological trouble, but please find a psychotherapist, stat. You are most likely a danger to yourself, and to society.

1990 days ago

Ashley

Tony beretteo goes to my mother church and said very similar words. As a personal body guards they should have known the risks of this kind of life. The nerve of these men!!! Britney, hope things work out in your favor ♥

1970 days ago

kanchonmalas

It is too much.bodyguard means respect his duty.they care of his person.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2