Clay Aiken on Clay Aiken: He's Kinda Sorry

5/23/2009 12:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clay AikenAccording to Clay Aiken, Clay Aiken is misunderstood.

After his recent blast of "American Idol" in general -- and runner-up Adam Lambert in particular -- the singer is now apologizing. Kind of.

Once again taking to his website, Aiken didn't so much withdraw his comments about Lambert's singing, but did say:

"I do apologize to Adam for my colorful (and negative) choice of words. I hope he can forgive me. I imagine he doesn't give a damn! :-) God knows he shouldn't. :-)"

Alley Ane

He is a 'gadouche'...

Jan

Clay is an NICE guy. He is talented. Adam and Kris are also. I like Kris's style of singing which the majority of America does to. Both Kris and Adam will have successful careers with DIFFERENT styles of music. That is what makes America great. We all should be able to agree to disagree on many subjects including music. Any upcoming artist should not allow Perez Hilton to endorse them. Perez's hate will hurt their career.

Kate

That was nice that he apologized. I still don't see what all the fuss is about.

ozzman

jackass...

MarathonH

Oh dear, I think Clay Aiken's popularity will take a nose dive after making those comments about Adam Lambert. Very foolhardy. Not a clever thing to do taking into consideration the current popularity of Adam. I doubt any Adam Lambert fans will be buying his music after that.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Diva Queen!

Miles

A man that publically appologizes to the entire world in writing has my respect.

justsaying

I read Clay's comments. Yep, he's as funny as a $34.00 bill.

Andy

You go Clay! TMZ will always diss you but your apology was really great. I'm sure Adam has a sense of humor unlike so many douchbag haters.

Lyrix

Nobody anywhere would know who Clay Aiken is without American Idol. What an ingrate!

???????

Clay, there is a such a thing as THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut! You should learn from this and better teach this to PARKER..you are a father now...lead by example!!!

bemused

As an AI fan, I'd have to say that Clay and Adam are among my top favorites. What Clay thinks of Adam is is his own business and requires no apology. Perhaps he should not have judged Adam solely on his version of Ring of Fire though. It was definitely not his best of the season.

tellitlikeitis

Clay- not to worry the world understands you- YOU HAVE NO CLASS !!

Tim

Why are so many gay men so catty?

SP

Why do people keep apologizing for what they say? He was pretty much right I think. The AI Judges favortism twd Adam & Katy Perry's cape joke probably turned some off from Adam. It is not his fault. I know after all that I sure did not want to see him win just to throw it in their faces. Plus I think Adam will do just fine without winning AI, probably better off he did not win.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments