Lee Majors: I Couldn't Watch the Farrah Special

5/23/2009 1:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett's first and only husband, Lee Majors, was not among the nearly nine million people who tuned in to see the TV special about her cancer battle.

Lee Majors -- play video

Yesterday at LAX, the former "Six Million Dollar Man" said the "whole thing was a little bit over done."

On a totally separate note ... Majors just celebrated his 70th birthday. We salute you, Col. Austin.

Jennifer

1945 days ago

L. P.

10. I don't think he's heartless at all. If you read Tatum's autobiography, and even John McEnroe's, you'll see that Farrah has always been about Farrah. And Ryan abandoned his teenage children to always be with Farrah. Yes, and she cheated on Lee with his best friend. Did she apologize for any of the pain she inflicted on Lee on Ryan's other kids? I don't think so. So, as sad as it is that she's dying, there are a lot of amazing selfless people who are suffering constantly who would never beg for attention. Lee's right, it's a bit overdone. I want to see her say "I'm sorry."

Posted at 1:23PM on May 23rd 2009 by Jennifer

=============

Well said Jennifer!!!

1945 days ago

skhg

They(Lee & Farrah), had a very explosive relationship, to say the least. I don't think he means to sound cold, and is aiming his comment more at Ryan, than Farrah. Her relationship with Ryan wasn't all that great either. A lot fo physical/mental abuse by her and him, plus all the drinking and drugs. Never wonder why the kids are all messed up. It's a very sad situation.

1945 days ago

hmmm..

He's still bitter Ryan stole her from him.

1945 days ago

Rhonda

I also agree with Lee Majors that I think her special was unecessary. I also have had cancer and gone through more chemo radiation and surgery than most people could imagine. I understand where she is coming from. But I feel her whole special was just a big statement of "feel sorry for me everybody". Both she and Ryan O'Neal act like they are the only people to have ever experienced the fear and pain of cancer. Bad things happen to alot of people and the beauty of life is learning how to deal with it as gracefully as possible.

1945 days ago

jenny mo

I thought that special was odd, myself. I had no desire to watch it.

On a side note...no one can screw up their children quite like Ryan O'neal can.

1945 days ago

Lori

Rhonda is absolutely correct! Well said, but when it is a star there is always a lot more visability than us regular folks. Cancer can strike anyone at any age. I am not sure what Farahs utlitmate goal is, if it is awareness, or a feel sorry for me type attitude. It was actually Katie Couric who brought this type of cancer to an awareness when her husband died from it.l

As for Lee Majors, it is unclear to me what he meant by his comments. He might still be bitter. He would have looked like a bigger person had he had something else like he wished her the best.

1945 days ago

Twinker

Wow, it's hard to believe that Heath is now as old as Silas.
Well, I guess that would now make Audra as old as Victoria.

1944 days ago

Kathy

If he didn't watch, then how can he say it was "overdone"????

I didn't watch this video here because I was put off by his statement in your text quite honestly and didn't really want to listen to more.

Don't get me wrong, I have LOVED Lee Majors since he was on The Big Valley when I was a kid. LOVED him as the SMD Man too and as The Fall Guy but he could be a little more compassionate about Farrah's condition if he thinks this was truly "overdone"

Yes, I LOVED her and Lee back in the day together. She was America's Golden Girl and he was her handsome, sexy husband and they were awesome together.

And YES, I got REALLY mad at her when she left him for Ryan O'Neil who I've never liked. Ryan's track record with women isn't stellar by any means and all of his kids have been on drugs as has he. We never heard of Farrah using drugs until she was with Ryan either and his daughter Tatum has detailed about doing drugs with both her Dad and Farrah and Farrah doing them.

I believe she would have been a LOT happier and better off if she had stayed with Lee. After she got with O'Neil, she started showing up in public and on tv looking haggard, dazed and acting crazy (Letterman's show was one example).

I still like her a lot and my heart is broken over her now but I stopped idolizing her like I once did back in the day when she and Lee were truly H'wood's Golden Couple.

I always wanted them to get back together. She never married O'Neil after all these years either. He was a poor replacement for The Six Million Dollar Man apparently to her as well as to us fans of both of them

I've heard all the gossip and he said, she said about Lee wanting to control her and all that, but who knows? We don't know the truth.

They seemed so perfect together and she just never looked like she belonged with Ryan O'Neil. Although it seems that Ryan HAS stuck with her through thick and thin including all this with her cancer struggle. I still don't think he's been good for her though and think it was him who got her using drugs and acting crazy.

She wasn't the same glorious Golden Girl that we all (women and men) loved back in the day and not the same girl flashing that smile of hers in the poster or on Lee's arm. She's still beautiful BUT to me she just never had that glow and genuine smile she was so famous for back in the 70's (as well as the hair) that she ALWAYS had with Lee

I'm praying for her and her family and hoping for a miracle for her too.

I hope that Lee is too. I think deep down he still loves her. They were SO much in love and that kind of love is hard to forget and I'll bet she still loves him too. She never married Ryan after all these years and Lee's been married multiple times since. I mean, how could you replace Lee as your hubby OR Farrah as your wife? Impossible.

They should have worked things out. I believe she would have been far better off without Ryan, his crazy drugged out kids and his lifestyle

But as for the show being "overdone", I don't agree with Lee. The only thing I questioned was them having the camera there when her son was with her. I truly don't believe Farrah would have wanted that or had approved that. She was very protective of her private life period and especially wouldn't have wanted her son's visit to be used for ratings or exploited.
So I think THAT was inappropriate and just felt she would NEVER have been OK with that.

God bless her and I am praying for that miracle for her.

1944 days ago

sparkys nemesis

I thought he could've been kinder with his comments but perhaps he didn't wanna share 'em with papparazzi?

1944 days ago

LEL410

Actually, Lori, Katie Couric brought to light the issue of COLON cancer. Farrah was initially diagnosed with anal cancer. As for Lee Majors, no matter what his relationship was with Farrah or how it ended, his comment proved him to be a total ass

1944 days ago

Jackie

I didn't see any Farrah diss in his comments. Saying he "couldn't bring himself to watch it" certainly suggests he finds it all too sad. The "it's a bit overdone" comment was made in response to a statement by the photographer about lawsuits. They've been divorced for 30 years, and things ended badly. It would be weird for him to be overly emotional. I thought he was much kinder than I would have expected.

1944 days ago

Butterfly

TO RHONDA #13 Well said! What a beautiful statement and attitude. Like you, my magnificent husband handled this devastating disease with grace and dignity. Unfortunately, for us who loved him, the disease had metastasized within seven months of diagnosis and finally claimed him while being cradled , at home, in my arms. My heart goes out to you and your family. You are very brave without seeking sympathy. My family and I will pray for you and look forward to your comment on this website that you are doing well. Blessings!

1944 days ago

mara

I watched my mom die from breast cancer. I took care of her every need, every day. There was nothing I wouldnt of done for her. It's been almost 4 yrs since she passed away and my heart still is broken. People are stricken with illnesses and hurt and pain, every day people. We go through it and we take the blows cancer throws at us. I did see her special and to me it was more about Farrah then it was about bringing more attention to educating people about cancer or bringing attention to people on how to cope with this disease. It was mostly about Farrah clearing up some things that were speculated in the news/tabloids. It was "This is me and my life and what I'm going through, so stop the lies". Interesting Lee says I couldn't watch the Farrah Special it was a bit over done". How can he make that call if he didnt see it? I can see both sides of the coin here.

1944 days ago

Inny

"was a little bit over done"

All the people that screeched...

Farrah should be left alone....

should ask why the hell this was every shown in the first place.

How much moola was made from this deadly reality show.

What is lower than selling your demise...

and what is lower than watching someones demise.

1944 days ago