Jonas Bros. Redeem Themselves

5/26/2009 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Everyone's favorite evangelical Christian dandy boy band, the Jonas Brothers, posed with their biggest fan ... Jesus Christ.

media_removed_250.jpg

The purity ring clad trio visited the famous Christ the Redeemer statute in Rio this weekend.

Thou shalt not poke fun at the Jonai.

cherryblossoms

I think its sooo dumb and immature that some people feel the need to make fun of them for purity rings just because their in the spotlight. Sex is a big step and shouldnt be taken lightly, its good that they want to be in love and wait until marriage, thats how it should be. It doesnt make them un-cool or whatever anyone else wants to say, it makes them more of a man then some of the jerks out there that treat woman like crap and call themselves men.

cherryblossoms

And I think its pretty sad that some people have no lifes that they have to make fun of people for no reason other then living their lives, I guess thats the price you pay for fame, but I still dont think its fair. Leave people alone!

yowza

AWESOME PIC! They're good guys, leave them alone.

jwoolman

Hey, that's a really famous landmark!

It was a key part of the plot in one of the dubbed episodes of Lupin the Third on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network). I think the statue got the better of the thieves, though, when they tried to steal it along with their stashed loot.

jwoolman

I should mention that since I have the Disney Channel on often enough in the background, I get plenty of exposure to the Jonas Brothers.... Not just their videos, but also endless interviews and a series showing them on the road (and now some odd sitcom that is way too much Jonas for me). One thing in their defense (contrary to what you would think from the snarky TMZ'ers) is that I haven't noticed them being in-your-face about their religion. When asked by reporters, they answer questions about it. But I haven't really seen them pushing it in their general performances and other things. So TMZ (as usual) is really off-base constantly mocking them for their religious views. They're actually pretty private about it. So I don't think they deliberately made a big deal out of their celibacy decision or their rings, and they all seem to date (and break up....) regularly like other kids their age. In other words - they're not annoying bible-thumpers, just honest about their beliefs when asked. Nothing they've said or done warrants all this nonsense aimed at them.

H to the W

Jonas Brothers just suck; period! Why are we allowing mediocrity to exist and be played off as talent?

Rachel

okay the christain jokes aren't funny, and they never were.
i love jb.