Courtney Love: The AmEx Charges Are a Fraud!

5/28/2009 4:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Courtney LoveCourtney Love is firing back at American Express for suing her, claiming she owes more than $350,000 in credit card debt.

Love's lawyer sent TMZ a statement claiming the suit is bogus, and that she's been beating her head against the wall for a long time now trying to reason with the credit card company.

Love's lawyer writes: "AmEx knows the claim has no merit. We have told them this for a long time. AmEx's lax policies allowed fraudulent transactions to be charged to my client's card."

UPDATE -- Keith Fink, Courtney's lawyer, tells us that 104 AmEx credit cards were taken out under Courtney's name or the name of her business -- and that all the charges attributed to Courtney weren't made by her. He also said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out nobody takes out 104 credit cards!

2cnpla

sixty-third bit$hs
she looks decent in the pic, a bit like madge, cc's not listening to customers... omg wasn't me standing in the corner charging my arse off!

420 GIRL

B.S., as a longtime holder of an Amex card I know for a fact that they do not ......". allowed fraudulent transactions to be charged to my client's card."

I don't care who you are, I have never been backed better in this area by anyone credit card company.

For someone that owns the Cobain Music Library why doesn't she pay her bills?
Hell, I do... why can't she.

I don't believe these are fraudulent charges they are gong after.

bosko

this is funny as hell, what rep says " my client has been beating her head against the wall for a long time now trying to reason with the credit card company.
LOL at reason... pay them the money.

420 GIRL

Posted at 3:28PM on May 28th 2009 by 2cnpla

---------sixty-third bit$hs

_____________________________________

PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND TAKE SOME MATH COURSES.

artie help

she won't pay her bills because she's an entitled no talent drug addict.

oprah & michel hater

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH CREDIT CARD COMPANIES....CAN UNDERSTAND HER FRUSTRATIONS...AMERICAN EXPRESS IS LIKE A PACK OF CONDOMS...YOU DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT EM, BUT CAN YOU REALLY TRUST A RUBBER OR AMERICAN EXPRESS? no

MADRADDER

I don't believe you can put drugs on an Amex, so yeah, I guess Courtney is right, the charges probably are bogus.

fo real

SHES AWESOME. She gets no credit. Shes a GREAT rock star and a GREAT musician. She may be f'd up...but who isnt. Shes great.

sheesh

Excuse me while I call BOA and tell them ALL my credit card debt is fraudulent and they need to quit trying to collect from me.

let it go

liar

R

I knew it that this is bogus.

420 GIRL

It takes one phone call and one follow up form to get rid of bogus
charges.
Thats all you have to do.

Oh, and then there is the concept of PAYING YOUR BILLS OFF EVERY
MONTH.

Oh what a concept Courtney you pharmacological mess you.

Courtney, I heard a rumor... I heard there was blood in your drug stream...You're slipping there.

2cnpla

PU/SU
63rd is meant for the first! jerks. Pharm jokes aside, she should pay her bill. How does AMex give a line of credit that "high" to a mess like she has been?

420 GIRL

12. PU/SU

Posted at 4:38PM on May 28th 2009 by 2cnpla
___________________________________________________

She must have missed the mandatory psychological exam you get when they give you a Amex Card.

Black Power

If she would quit beating her head against walls, maybe she'd have enough brain cells to realize that she owes people money. And to the person who said CC is a GREAT rock star and a GREAT musician, you must be banging your head against a wall also. Not only has she done nothing in the last ten years, but she can't play the guitar worth a pile of sh*t.
I've seen Hole in concert and they suck. I want My money back. Bang your head against the wall on that one.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments