Miley Cyrus Gets a Not So 'Suite' Paycheck

5/29/2009 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley CyrusEither Disney is cheap, or doesn't think Miley Cyrus is worth that much -- because the Mouse is being a real tightwad when it comes to paying Cyrus for a cameo on one of their other shows.

We got our hands on Miley's contract for her guest appearance on Disney's "The Suite Life on Deck" -- which airs in June -- and it only guarantees Miley $5,000 for a week of work.

It may sound like a decent amount of scratch, but Miley's a big star and could easily get more for a guest spot on a non-Disney show.

Hell, "Idol's" bikini girl made $10,000 for hosting a Vegas party recently.

But the paltry paycheck actually makes a lot of sense, since the story we broke last year about Miley and her dad wanting out of "Hannah Montana" because there's far more money in singing than in doing a Disney cable show.

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

lisa lisa

Boo hoo, poor little Miley Cyrus, such a little girl with such big appetites...
I don't feel the least bit sorry for this spoiled little brat, she can go back
knocked up and rot in Tennessee.

barry Gordy is genius

If I were paid $5,000 a week, I would grateful. So should she.
Be thankful.

Gabrielle

So sick of hearing about this girl.

who dat

The on-again off-again romance between Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer could be on-again once more. Though friends of the actress are said to be against the idea, Heat magazine reports Aniston still holds out hope for the revolving-door relationship.

“(John) wasn’t calling her or texting her,” an insider from the set on Aniston’s upcoming film “The Baster” revealed. “But, as she got lonelier and the shoot for her new movie wore on, she started reaching out to him, sometimes very late at night and sometimes after a few too many glasses of wine.”

__________
I love needy women. Easy to turn into a booty (only) call.

latinacandy

IM SURE HER SUGAR DADDY CAN CONVINCE THEM SHE IS WORTH MORE. HELL I'D PAY HER MORE IF SHE SWORE TO NEVER SING AGAIN.

JJ

She's more like her dad everyday; a "phase" more than a singer.

I saw her on a TV show with Taylor Swift and there was NO comparison with Ms. Swift's talent and hers.

I wish her well but she doesn't have a great voice and it's all hype.

American Psycho

I would Pee in her butt for $6,000

Linda Mott

She gets a kick back from all the Hanna items sold and has more money than any of us. This is a scale good will paycheck.
The guest appearance is worth the free publicity. It would only go for taxes anyway.

Crystal

I sure as hell wouldn't be happy for doing the same job as others but getting paid a hell of a lot less, and I really don't think any of ya'll would be liking it either. Its no different than if two teachers with the same experience working the same job for the same amount of years, but one is making 10 times as much as the other. I would be pissed too! Yes, $5000 a week is GOOD money to you and me, but when you could be making more than that, wouldn't you?

rgdownes

She has more money than most normal 15 year olds will ever see and to complain about not getting enough from the company who made it all possible is just wrong. She should appreciate Disney and take what they offer.

molly

Only $5000 for a week of work? My god, how do they expect the poor little thing to eat on that amount of money? I suggest we create a committee that will make PBJ sandwiches for Miley so she won't go hungry.

Nameless

Well someone in Miley's camp had to agree to the cameo appearance and signed off on the pay. It's not Disney fault. It's Miley's handler's.... Seriously, she probably got paid $5000 for a couple dozen lines she could phone in. I'll take that pay.

MH

I never saw where she complained about the paycheck. Tmz said it was a small compared to what she should be making. Even if she did think it was a small paycheck I think #15 hit it right on the head. So much hate toward a child. Give the girl a break. She is going to do stupid things SHE'S 15. Like none of us did stupid things at 15. And just because she is a celebrity that doesn't mean that she is somehow rid of adolescent stupidity. She may not sound nearly as good as Taylor Swift but its all how you market it and the audience its presented to. Most of us wouldn't be in her target demographic anyway so it doesn't really matter what we think she sounds like or if we believe she is any good.

PurpleSmurf

When is she turning 18? I want to see nudes.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments