Mickey Rourke

Good Genes

or Good Docs?

5/30/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey Rourke rebuilt his damaged career by playing "The Wrestler" ... and he doesn't have the scars to prove it.

Mickey Rourke
Here's the 31-year-old back in 1984 (left) -- and 25 years later, the 56-year-old version earlier this year (right).

He's as good as new.

Ellie

Totally good guy, great actor animal lover and so GORGEOUS! He oozes sexuality!

1937 days ago

Ellie

MICKEY STILL HAS THOSE BEDROOM EYES

1937 days ago

Ellie

You people are horrendous, please try desperately to focus on getting a life and quit hating on a good man.

ladderr

Wasn't he in a major accident and they had to reconstruct his face? That was a long time ago.....took a lot of surgery then.....plus I'm sure there was a lot more ELECTIVE surgery.

Doeshababe

BAD DOCS ALL THE WAY! What were they (Docs and Mickey) thinking!

Barb

I miss his former self.....and I remember a very sexy voice ....does he still have it ?? I haven't seen any of his new movies.

Pongo

TMZ needs to "Neither" and "Both" as categories for these things.

Nameless

More like bad genes AND bad docs.

The Duchesse

Actually, he's looking better now than he did a few years ago. Yeah, the guy's had plastic surgery for damage from his boxing career and a severe accident. Do an image search - he's looking more like the old Mickey now than he had for several years.

jm

It took me less than a minute to find an article on line with Mickey saying he had to have his nose reconstructed and a crushed cheek bone fixed after boxing....he admits to going to the "wrong doc" to have it done. Give the guy a break. If his face was that badly smashed he didn't have a choice.

Jatti

mickey's the man!!

jen

Am I the only one here who thinks he looks good for 56?..Also I have to disagree about the bad doc remarks, I think he looks pretty natural...I mean considering it's hollywood..

manda

Its obvious he's had work done in an interview he has said he had work done so why are people still say good genes?

LMS

Neither

Pat-Mann

Definately Docs --- or could it have med students? As to Commenter #7 Add Michael Jackson to the top of the list of the worst butchered.

By the way, Rourke was shown on a video clip a couple of weeks back in an outdoor cafe with a bird on his shoulder. My question is when did he get the tat on the right side of his neck, and why there?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments