David Carradine May Have Committed Suicide

6/4/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Thai officials have announced that an autopsy will be performed on David Carradine this Friday.

One of the officers investigating the incident has just released the following statement: "I can confirm that we found his body, naked, hanging in the closet."

UPDATE:
A Thai newspaper is now reporting the body was hanging for no less than 12 hours before it was discovered by the maid, adding there was no sign of struggle.

David Carradine: Click to watch
UPDATE: We just spoke with the director of the film David finished last week. Jim Wynorski told us as recently as a week ago Sunday, David was "jovial, full of life and kept everyone laughing on the set." Wynorski said he constantly talked about his family -- the apparent suicide "just doesn't at all seem like him."

UPDATE: TMZ has learned that the day before he died, David Carradine was in good spirits while shooting scenes for a movie at a local eatery -- the Witch's Oyster Bar & Restaurant.

We're told Carradine's crew was posted up on the second floor -- but David would occasionally stroll down to the restaurant level to enjoy a non-alcoholic beverage. Sources inside the restaurant tell us "he didn't look sad ... he looked fine."

UPDATE:
The BBC claims Thai police told them a hotel maid found David Carradine this morning sitting in a wardrobe room with a rope around his neck and body.

David CarradineThere are conflicting reports about the rope. A Thai newspaper is citing cops who say the cord used in the hanging was from curtains in the hotel room. A Thai wire service says the rope did not come from the hotel.

TMZ has not been able to confirm any of these reports independently.

The 72-year-old's agent claims the actor had been in great spirits during the trip to Thailand.

Story developing ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

First whores!

Sad!

First.

Sean

so sad...

Joanne

Maybe someone killed him and made it look like a suicide. But it is sad that he is dead. My condolences to his family and friends.

PEPSI Generation

He lov self 2 mucko say I go now screw U,Sad maybe sick?

MightyMad

Thanks TMZ for once again bumming me big time in the mornig.
RIP, Mr. Carradine - you were very loved.

Lizzie

My sincere condolences to his family & friends. He was an awesome actor with an incredible presence about him. Even as a younger man, he always seemed like a wise old man. Looking through the photos here, you can see that he had a style all his own. Rest in peace...

Whamo

Be sure before you suggest someone commited suicide. For once think of someone's family before your scoop!!!

PEPSI Generation

he at home /maybe sick and dieing?

Laura

um, sounds like murder to me.
i had an acquaintence who died in bangkok almost 7-years ago. it was a very mysterious death back then. i hope they'll able to investigate properly, and not half-ass like the acquaintance i knew.

rip david.

John

He did not commit suicide. My wife's friend was with David all last week, up until this Tuesday. Don't believe everything you hear. Thailand's authorities are very corrupt and will fabricate any story to steer clear from the truth.

If you need more info, have your news manager Mike Walters contact me.

mellon bruse N

Lik Howard Hughes he at home go home at home,he loved it here SICK n dieing checkout at home.

First whores!

John is so in the know that he reads and comments on TMZ articles in the morning? John, you don't know anything loser. Shouldn't you be getting ready for your shift at Taco Bell? Get out of here.
Have your news manager contact me. Dork.
My uncle's , nephew's, second wife's cousin from the other side of the pond got his autograph once. I am sure he did not commit suicide.

jm

The article I read said he was found hanging. And the death had occurred more than 12 hours prior to discovering his body.

mellon bruse N

HE say I real FU at home I check out NOW!!!...he REAL FU HE SAY.AT HOME FORVER NOW SEE?

hate hung fu

re: HUNG FU
I WISH IT WAS YOU, HUNG(not so!) FU!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments