David Carradine -- Suicidal Tendencies

6/4/2009 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David CarradineIt's become painfully clear that David Carradine had wrestled with suicidal thoughts long before this morning's tragedy.

In a 2004 interview dug up by the Telegraph Newspaper, the 72-year-old actor revealed that he once considered shooting himself, saying: "Look, there was a period in my life when I had a single action Colt 45, loaded, in my desk drawer.

And every night I'd take it out and think about blowing my head off, and then decide not to and go on with my life. Put it back in the drawer and open up the laptop and continue writing my autobiography or whatever. But it was just to see."

But there's more -- Carradine, who was also a musician, released a song on his website called Big Mack Truck, about a man who considers ending his life by walking into traffic. Here are some of the lyrics:

Does anyone know where I'm going ... does anyone here really care?

David Carradine: Click to listenIf I walk myself on a highway ... would that big mac truck be there?

Big mack truck .. big mack truck ... bearin' down on me.

Big mack truck on a highway .. oh say can you see ... can you see ... can you see?

Biff

This is B@llSh@T TMZ, this guy did not Kill Himself......Murder Cover up..

Kitty Angel

This is totally shocking!! You get so blaise about having certain people in the world and then when they aren't .... it's a shock.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

We don't know anything yet.. but this is sad.. RIP DAVID!

rgdownes

You morons at TMZ have no shame. At least wait for the official ruling before trying to dig up dirt on the man. I think he was a great actor and his family deserves a little respect at a time like this.

OsamaIsDead

this is a murder cover up to make it look like a suicide...something went wrong, and Thailand is never a safe country to be in when your an American

Shhh

Rest in Peace Grasshopper- what a shame.

maggie

too many young boys perhaps.

jandean61

I DONT KNOW MAN ITS SEEMS FISHY.

Alfalfa

why would you kill yaself at 72? You're almost there anyway

Bex

Weirdo!

Bex

Obama does not have my permission to apologize on my behalf to the Muslims!

Poopyhead

most likely he's in HELL now

samhiguchi

Idiots, publishing that he wanted to die by jumping in front of a truck, do you have any idea of how many idiots will see this and do it....we had one do it to us as we passed through AZ, let me tell you not only did he take himself out, but he almost took the family in the truck that hit him and tried to miss him and got us too...we were left on two wheels, thank god my hubs knew how to drive or we wouldn't be here! Now take your stupid story down before you give to many people ideas and they destroy more than themselves!!!!!

Wayne Gumm

@OsamaIsDead:
Why do you say Thailand isn't safe for Americans? Thailand and the US fought together in many wars, and Thais have always had a soft spot for all things American. Do you have Thailand confused with some other country?

But this story has a ring of truth. David Carradine always lived by his own rules. Suicide or not, he will not be forgotten by a generation raised on Kwai Chang Caine's philosophy.

loveygoo

??

I write tons of dark words. they're just dark moments. doesn't mean suicide. his lyrics should not be brought up until more is known on his death.

just sayin'...