David Carradine's Rep: Death Was 'Accidental'

6/4/2009 4:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just spoke to a rep for David Carradine, who claims the actor's death was not a suicide.

The rep said David's death was "accidental." And there's this ... the BBC is now reporting that David's body was found hanging with a rope around his neck and "other parts of his body."

Carradine's body was found nude, hanging in a closet.

David's rep added, "We can confirm 100% that he never would have committed suicide. It was an accidental death. Everybody is in shock."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BronzedDawn

RIP David

PEPSI Generation

IT is the way if the FU EROTICism covers the pain of death and puts the mind in a higher state ready for the LIGHT*.He was at HOME and NOT in much Pain WAY OF THE FU

MZLB

how can that be an accident?

Digimon

Yea, it definitely soudned like erotic-autasphyxiation. I dont' think the rep or his family should have to divulge something so personal. I know quite a handful of other famous people had this happen to them. Let this man's memory live on peacefully, without his sexual habits to divulged, what an embarrassing thing to have going around about somebody so famous

Janet

How can anyone make such a statement?! So it was a sex thing or he just got tangled up in rope by accident? Better to go with the suicide.

Mike

Yeah definitely sounds like the death of Michael Hutchence. If that is the case, its kind of a catch 22. Do you let people believe he committed suicide, or let people believe it was autoerotic asphyxiation?

PEPSI Generation

He tryed many times to take his own life.the first time was at age five.THEY are saying it is a accident so the movie company won`t have to pay a settlement.TOO many hours or work load and they would say he tryed before and you should have used more TLC.How are his BROTHER DOING?

helena

This is the same thing that happened to the lead singer of the aussie band INXS back in '97 - Michael Hutchence...SO tragic, can someone explain to me how they reckon that could be a turn on to do that to your body - I don't get it!

Janet

I don't even want to picture a naked 72-year-old man practicing auto-asphyxiation!

Peterson32

Yeah real bright-gee I feel a little bored...I KNOW...I'LL MASTURBATE WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY HANGING FROM A ROPE AND STARVING MY BRAIN OF OXYGEN THEREBY GREATLY INCREASING THE CHANCES I'LL PASS OUT AND DIE!!!! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG???? What a doofus...

joesamaggot

why would he be naked and have a noose around his neck and be dead by accident? I really dont get it? Do people jerk off while hanging and its better than regular jerking off? or something else, I really dont get it. someone explain, please.

mellon bruse N

Sounds like my first adult film.I bet he came all over his lady stars like a fright train.

im mom

Michael Hutcenson sp? from INXS died the same way...but anyone that needs to go to that extreme to get pleasure is probably a little off anyways. I just don't know why his rep is speaking so soon and saying it's NOT a suicide. This is the problem with society and suicide, people are afraid to talk about it or admit they have lost someone to it My children lost their father to suicide and we talk about it and accept it. People kill themselves everyday. Everyone should wait until everything is known.

AQ

Um, while this is tragic I have to ask - how stupid do they think people are? How does one 'accidently' hang themselves with a rope in a hotel closet? There has never been any rope in any hotels I've been in - of course, there also has never been a closet tall enough to hang yourself from either.

blac

Carradine is the family curse?!
I think that watching this movie, you will be able to understand why it happened.
See the interview:Carradine-film