Gibson Divorce -- A Sticky Wicket

6/4/2009 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's divorce is rolling along, but we're told it ain't gonna be as simple as a clean 50/50 split.

Mel Gibson

First of all, it looks like Mel's reported wealth -- $900,000,000 -- is inflated. The business people are still figuring it out, but a huge portion of his net worth is tied up in real estate. As one source put it, relative to his wealth, there's not a lot of cash involved.

That's not to say Mel and Robyn are living on a budget. They have millions in the bank ... we're told Mel is pulling in about $17 million on his latest movie project.

Now here's where it gets complicated. Some of the real estate is being held in trust for their children. As for the rest of the real estate, it's not a good time to sell, but we're told they will most likely have to liquidate the lion's share of these assets for their property settlement.

Originalkat

Well for one the chick that is will child now seems to be working on a history of getting pregnant with actors but Mel had a bigger bank account. I lost all respect for Mel on this one but I also have to remember once an alcoholic you will always have a chance of drinking again and making stupid decisions. I am sure since this has been going on for awhile he was moving stuff knowing it would come to this. I really feel for his wife because she has been with him through many hard times and it really sucks and as usual is hypocritical of what his faith is. There is this thing called the "Ten Commandments" that I think says it all.

1933 days ago

Dr. DMgemini63

My ex did the same thing then the church married him and his girlfriend I am sure he lied to our priest, we attend the same church. I still believe in my church but it gets rough during times like these. I agree with the poster that stated these men tend to forsake thier first family. Sad. I loved Mel but will never spend a dime on any of his movies again.

1933 days ago

R U 4 REAL

#15 15. I hope this crazy jerk gets excommunicated from his beloved gang of pedophiles.

Posted at 8:44AM on Jun 4th 2009 by Choppy McQueen

YOU ARE ONE IGNORANT HUMAN BEING...GO TO SCHOOL , GET EDUCATED AND THEN COME BACK AND POST SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY BACK UP WITH SOLID PROOF..AND NO...THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER DOES NOT COUNT...U MORON

1933 days ago

wisdom

I use to live next door to mel.He would bring women in at all times of the day/night.He is not as rich as people might think.He does have some great homes.

1932 days ago

Sukami

Mel Gibson is disgusting. He's ruined a stellar career with infidelity and extremism. I noticed someone mentioned that his new girlfriend is prettier than his wife. I'd love to see his current girlfriend after she's had seven of his children and lived through his drinking and infidelity. Misery ages. Male or female the parent that devotes their time and energy to keeping a balanced home life for their children deserves compensation. I hope she takes him to the cleaners and then some.

1932 days ago

Diana

The mel gal russian, is a witch, and celebrity chaser. I don't like her motives in this country. Most men, just won't see through this stuff. It is common....in America to let those that truly need deported get pregnant again and rape another American man.....ok....he is to blame too, but after all a mid-life crisis is the real deal and the woman purposed herself to get pregnant. That was the only way she would get into Mel's pocket book for real and for a long time. OHHHH so obvious. A terrible way to start any kind of a relationship. It cannot last through all of the pain they are causing Mel's kids and etc. Plus, TMZ, what about Mel's property in the Costa Rica...zone?

1931 days ago