Carrie Prejean: They Asked Me to do Playboy

6/10/2009 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carrie PrejeanWe just got off the phone with deposed Miss California USA Carrie Prejean -- and she says the pageant was trying to whore her out to Playboy.

Prejean claims pageant honcho Keith Lewis actually asked her last month if she would take two gigs -- appearing on "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" and Playboy. Prejean says Lewis told her Playboy offered $140,000 for her to pose semi-nude. She rejected both offers.

A few minutes ago we talked to Lewis who said he was not pushing her to take either gig -- but merely passing the offers along. Lewis said Prejean had insisted they not turn anything down without running it by her.

Prejean -- who told us she was "shocked" at the news she was fired and learned about it only after we broke the story -- tells us she has been more than cooperative with pageant officials.

Prejean says, "What's behind this I think is a political debate. They don't agree with the stance that I took [on Prop 8]. Shanna [Moakler] is trying to bash me. They don't like me. From day one they wanted me out and they got what they wanted."

Prejean also told us she couldn't believe Donald Trump would say she treated people in the pageant "like s**t." For the record, Trump did tell Harvey Levin that on the phone earlier today. Prejean said if Trump really feels that way she's sorry, adding: "I've shown respect for every party involved, even when they haven't shown it back."

Prejean went on: "I was very respectful of people even when they slandered me and humiliated me. I have not once stooped down to their level."

Carrie Prejean

sanjuro

I don't know... she doesn't seem so bad. She took time to answer to the infamous TMZ for once and she seems sincere when defending herself. Besides, that Lewis guy confirmed the Playboy offer.

Bah, this all pageant thing is just stupid ! What does this clown of Donald Trump has to do with it anyway? Is he overseeing it or what that he can green-light who's fired and who's not? As for Carrie Prejean, in a few years we'll find her in Palin's shoes; she seems to have the minimum requirements to make a political career and god knows how low that minimum is.

Chez Liberal

This is all too a common fate of anyone that is thrust into the media spotlight. I have some advice to anyone whom suddenly finds themselves in front of a camera. Don’t say anything you might regret. The rules are simple, and are the same as if you were in the workplace. Don’t discuss politics, religion, or sex. Anyone with a little common sense knows when the appropriate time for such discussion is, and or when to use your position as a platform. Miss America-California is not the podium of speech delivery in such regard and never should be. Perhaps the outcome might be vastly different if her remarks were in private.

Wow

I can't believe she turned me down!

RocktheJungle

You haters out there are far more intolerant of Carrie Prejean than she ever was of you.All you want is your sick lifestyle and you know it.You feel guilty and you hate it .I hope you feel the guilt and your conscience seers at you to know end.

Wow

I'm a mom who hasn't laughed this hard in a while, and also managed to whip up tacos for my kids!

Now, back to work. My career doing this began today and will end today.

waikikimike

California is pathetic, and broke. What happened to free expression? That's all this girl did. Queers want free expression, but when others have an opnion opposed to theirs, it's wrong. Keep your sexuality in the closet like David Carradine.

Corey

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7

rfb

Why can't everyone just leave her alone. Read the first page of comments and suddenly was sick to my stomach.
You people are haters all around. Can't believe Donald Trump would say such things. I don't believe the media,
don't trust them.

Wow

RUkidding: Thanks.

T

Isn't there anything else to put on your website than this lame story? Who cares!

hahahaha!

She broke her contract agreements and continues to lie. What does freedom of expression, belief or opinion have to do with any of that? Fact is she didn't do her job and has since lost her position and her crown. End of story. No need to try and defend, she's a big girl, let her deal with the consequences of her actions, just like the rest of us have to.

Wow

We want more Carradine!

Karen

Now she can get on with her life. And perhaps TMZ can, as well. You are determined to slime this woman because of her stand on marriage. Why don't you post some photos of the First Wildebeest in London? I hope to hell we're not paying for that woman and her brood traipsing all around France and Britain when most of us are struggling.

mousetrap

Oh that's BS. They've been looking for a reason to unload her since this whole contoversary started. Trump knew he couldnt fire her for her moral beliefs so he waited until he had something else.

SIENNA IS A HOMEWRECKING WHORE

86. And none of this is personal. Just want to show some of the commenters their reflection. There are worse people out there to be angry at. A certain shooter at a museum that should be sacred comes to mind...

Now, back to work. My career doing this began today and will end today.

Posted at 7:03PM on Jun 10th 2009 by Carrie to Join Hookers for Jesus
*********************************************************************************************

I know! ;-)

I think we're taking such joy in this because she came off so high and mighty and hollier than though...meanwhile doing/saying all sorts of hypocritical crap. and then we all knew she should lose her crown but somehow was given special treatment and she STILL manages to mess up...so I think the many people that she pissed off are glad to see her fall.

Enjoy your tacos :-) have a wonderful night!