Have Mercy -- Madonna Adoption Approved

6/12/2009 9:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MadonnaMadonna lost her husband, but just gained a kid -- as a Malawian court just ruled she can adopt a second child from the African country.

The court originally said Madge could not adopt 3-year-old Chifundo "Mercy" James because she hadn't spent enough time in Malawi -- but have since decided that decision was based on outdated laws.

Madonna already has a son from the country, David, who she adopted in 2006.

The Material Girl's rep released this statement on her behalf: "I am ecstatic ... My family and I look forward to sharing our lives with her."

London not England

My Baby is a Baby inside a baby, inside a Baby.......

YOU GO MADONNA....Now Angelina needs to have octuplets........

Mikey

BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!

PEPSI Generation

That KID will have a great life about time they saw the light.

dawn

How much did that kid cost her?

PEPSI Generation

I`ll be over? OH spitz here we go again

rachelle

She must have upped the ante. For the right price a celebrity can buy anything

PEPSI Generation

SOS UFO UGO girl

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SOLD to the lady in the second row, she's an 8, 9 or 10 I know. With ruby red lips, blonde hair, blue eyes,,,,,,,,,,,,

Virginia

Why is she adopting from africa when there are thousands of children who need a home right here in the USA? I am happy that she is helping a child. To have to get her adopted kids from africa, or any other country seems that there is a social stigma in this for her.

janet

See I said this when she got turned down the first time that she would leave that country with that kid, because somewhere some judge is getting a new house, she buys everything.

Robert

I am also glad Madonna is helping children, whreever they may be from, But i agree, there are many orphans in the USA who ned a home. Madonna adopting children is admirable. However,in the long run Madonna is for Madonna. Im aure this type of thing helps her image in the public eye. She has always sadi she is her own best promoter.

Hell's Bells

What gets me with this whole thing....If she is sooo excited...why isn't she flying over there to pick up her new daughter...instead she is sending her lawyer and a bunch of strangers in a private plane...What a bunch of BS!!!!!

sickofitall

#9 I could not say it any better. What is wrong with these celebs, Mad Mommas Madonna & Jolie. We have so many babies and children in this country that need a loving new family. Must NOT BE the "in" thing to do...adopt a child from your own country.

JimmyD

I wish that Madonna would just move over to Africa and never be heard from again! She is such a pig!! Poor little kid - to have her for a mom!

Me

Well now I can sleep at night.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments