Roker's Speidi Attack -- Al, Relax!

6/15/2009 11:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here it is -- Al Roker's hard nosed interview that dug at the heart of Heidi and Spencer. But did he go too far?

Roker vs. Speidi: Click to watch
Roker unleashed a barrage of questions at the pair in an attempt to find out if they're really the "jerks" they come off to be on television.

Right after the interview, Roker and Speidi each went to different media outlets to bash the other. Heidi told Ryan Seacrest she felt "personally attacked." So the question now is ...

Ding Dang Y'all

Finally, a real interview on the Today show.
Seriously, if I have to watch Ann Curry kiss up to Brad Pitt one more time I am going to vomit....bring me more Al and less Ann.

filth

NOT A FAN OF SPEIDI, BUT YOU GOTTA GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR NOT LETTING ROKER RATTLE THEM.

AwesomeDude

If Al didn't do anything, he didn't go even harder on their stupid ass's. I mean come on, Pratt is a tool who sought out that bimbo cause she was on TV and he can be famous. As for her, well I guess if she is to stupid to see that tool for what he really is, then they deserve each other. GO AL GO

christy

How exactly did he go to far? What a stupid question. I would of said far worse then that to them. Furthermore if they want to act like a bunch of children then they get what they get. I would love to see someone in the streets just knock him on his rear. These people are known for absolutly no reason. Then spencer the idiot claims he is a bigger celebrity then Lou Diamond Phillips or the Baldwins. Really? First he is not a celebrity and second I will guarantee you more people know the actual actors. Just because brain dead youth of this country knows his name does not mean he is a bigger celebrity. Leave he ages of 12 to 25 and far more know the actual celebrities. This arrogant idiot doesnt deserve anything in life.

arcinaz

Heiderrrs' 15 minutes are just about done....

CrazyCityGal

These two are absolute morons. However, they are brilliant at accomplishing what they set out to do, which is to get themselves on TV. aag asks "is there a reason people keep making them relevant?" The answer is yes, because networks like NBC and MTV continue to give them airtime, and magazines such as US Weekly and In Touch (to name a few) continue to write stories about them. Let's not even go into all the gossip sites (sorry TMZ). Al Roker simply gave them even more publicity with this interview.

meg

He wasn't harsh enough.

love her!

Al was soft on these two... They are such babies

Jan

They are really not how I like to see Americans portrayed on TV (for the world to see), but I think Al needs to
remember the golden rules of TV journalism ..... A poker face and "neutral" comments & questions. He won't make
it to the couch permanently unless he plays by the rules. It was a bit uncomfortable to see him bully them.

belle

What's his problem??? Jeez, Al seems to think he's Barbara Walters this morning!!! You're a weatherman, on the Today Show. You're not an investigative journalist! I would have been offended too and I wouldn't appreicate someone speaking to my husband that way if I was Heidi.

SANDY

Paleese-----------Megan comment #5 - American Royalty!!!! You must be their only fan!! Their comments on the show ("we are too rich and too famous to be treated like this"). They chose to do that reality show, then found out it was too tough for them because they are soooo spoiled rotten. Their behavior was so childish. They won't be rich and famous for very long. Hopefully Hollywood will not hire them anymore. I won't watch anything they are in ever again. Brats!!! Anyone want to make a bet on how long that marriage will last? ha

christy

I loved the stupid smile on Heidi's face the entire interview. Hello?? Is anyone home? Oh how I'd love to slap Spencer across the face. Those two truly deserve each other. I'm not an Al Roker fan at all. Wouldn't you be pissed off too if you came into work and found out you were slated to interview these two idiots?

lahaciendaguy

I am really sick of these people..If the media WOULD STOP following their every move, maybe they would learn integrity....

kelly

good funny stuff for some.. one day, when they are older they will be SO embarrassed.. and GOD i am so happy they aren't my children.. i'd not know how to explain them.. if i were the mom.. i'd say SHUT UP.. you mess up every time you speak.. i used to think it was mostly spencer but it is her too.. i am swearing them off now.. won't watch any "redemption" new shows.. OR VIEV THEM on TMV !! i am swearing them off.. i have enough crap in my life to watch this.. it makes me feel worse

kelly

good funny stuff for some.. one day, when they are older they will be SO embarrassed.. and GOD i am so happy they aren't my children.. i'd not know how to explain them.. if i were the mom.. i'd say SHUT UP.. you mess up every time you speak.. i used to think it was mostly spencer but it is her too.. i am swearing them off now.. won't watch any "redemption" new shows.. OR VIEW THEM on TMZ !! i am swearing them off.. i have enough crap in my life to watch this.. it makes me feel worse .. i do feel for them.. they think this is good for their career.. i am no expert but i am part of the public and i very open minded part of the public.. this is not funny nor encouraging to me.. it makes me feel sorry for them