Beyonce Sues Pirates over Bootlegged Booty

6/17/2009 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

BeyonceTurns out you don't have to actually know who you're suing to file a lawsuit, because Beyonce is going after a bunch of John and Jane Does for hawking fake goods at her concerts.

Beyonce has filed a federal lawsuit today in New York, alleging that a pile of shady people have sold knock-off CDs and merchandise in "the vicinity" of past concerts she's performed around the world.

Beyonce believes the piracy is bound to happen again -- specifically at her upcoming concerts at Madison Square Garden on June 21 and 22 -- so she's asking the court to deem it illegal before the bootlegged booty hits the streets.

liz

I hope people really do boycott Perez's sight. people have been
giving him too much clout. the main stream media should be boycotted
also. the man has yet been laid to rest & all you hear are about are
the negative ALLEGATIONS. However, we KNOW Woody Allen left his wife
and kids to be with his daughter & Elvis slept with a 14 year old.
Who's the KNOWN pedophile?!? Have we applied the same amount of
media attention to those KNOWN PEDOPHILES???!!!???

They couldn't kill his rep and impact in life and now their trying to
in death. Let him rest in PEACE.

Transformers 2 was so racist-not just because of the robots. It was
also too long. I saw the 1st one 3 x's and bought the DVD. I was
looking forward to seeing this sequel since forever. What a
disappointment. Some fight scenes were great but the movie was crap.

antoinette

first dumb ass where you at FIRST

Michael Madsen

Her product should be illegal... it stanks like an old camel-toe or hers... take yer pick.

noyankhere

put a ker-ching on it.!!

Mikey

SOME SHOULD SUE BEYONCE FOR LIP SYNCING AT WHATS SUPPOSE TO BE CONCERTS!

Millie

she's gross.

brian mahoney

TMZ why did you pick such a ugly picture of a beautiful woman? Why don't you show Megan Fox blinking or looking silly?

R.J. Johnson

This is new? Ever go to a concert at the Forum in L.A. in the 90s? They were selling bootlegged concert stuff everywhere up and down the street.

John

You can't stop people from selling stuff on the streets... good luck with that Beyonce.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Obviously this biotch is a liar and is over 35. Look at the picture! She is getting old. Jay Z didn't marry younger. Jay Z married someone either his age or older!

Steph

Well, it's good to know that she thinks she's the only one this happens to... *Rolls eyes*

Now what now?

So that's how its done! I went to the Michael Jackson concert at Madison Square Garden on September 10, 2001 and there wasn't a bootlegger in site. Of the dozens of concerts I've been to that is the only one where I saw no bootleggers. It made me respect Mike even more. I gladly paid the $40 for a t-shirt which I still have and wear proudly. I was wearing it when the towers fell the next day and I will never get rid of it no matter how ragedy it gets.

hahahaha!

This goes on at most concerts and has for years and years, she acts like this is some new thing .. man what's wrong she didn't make enough $$ on those overpriced show tickets from Vegas??

rowdygirl

What a waste of space she is.... so she's missing out on a few hundred dollars here and there. Is she such s selfish, money grubbing whore that she can't overlook this?

Fox

Now what now?- you're as much an idiot as beyonce is. I paid $5 for that same $40 shirt. You could have used that extra $$ to get your head checked.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments