Ryan Cabrera Sued over Death Trap Driveway

6/17/2009 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan CabreraTwo girls claim they were seriously injured -- and one says she almost died -- all because they decided to give singer Ryan Cabrera a ride home from a bar.

It all went down last November, when Claudia Abraham and Mary DiPersio claim they were with Ryan at a Burbank bar and agreed to drive him home. According to the suit, when they arrived at Ryan's home he invited them in.

The women say they walked up the driveway but it was steep, poorly lit and "littered with leaves and debris, and contained unsafe, slippery tiles."

They went inside the house, but on their way out, they both claim they slipped and violently fell down the driveway.

The suit claims Abraham suffered "major brain trauma injury, requiring multiple surgeries, and was in a coma, near death." It was so bad the hospital recommended her family pull the plug on life support. Miraculously, she recovered.

DiPersio suffered injuries to her face, head, neck and hands -- which also required surgery.

The girls are suing for unspecified damages.

A rep for Ryan gave us this statement: "I don't know anything about a lawsuit."

cwazy

I smell greedy girls seeking money. I don't believe their claim. And if its true they did get seriously injured, don't blame his house. Blame your drinking. Don't sue over not drinking responsibly. If you drink, you suffer the concequences if you can't walk. Sorry but just because he has some money (famous, thats questionable, only known for dating ashley simpson and a couple hit songs), doesn't mean you can sue him to make a quick buck or 15 minutes of fame. More like 15 seconds. And seriously, if you are gonna sue, sue when it happens. NOT almost a year later. Stupid girls. Its girls like this that don't know how to take responsibility for THEIR own actions.

who what huh

i didnt know earth had ugly 90's males anymore....he's not that attractive, and probably has syphilis.....

who what huh

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE IS. I DONT CARE. HE'S UGLY.
THE CHICKS SUING HIM ARE USELESS AND ARE TRYING TO PULL A CARRIE PREJEAN WHOREFEST ON HIM.
I HOPE THEY GET THE DEATH PENALTY, AND HE ENDS UP HAVING A HUGE PENIS AND THE LAST LAUGH.

Mariah

"...did a car fall with them?"

That was hilarious, #10 (JBG Esquire)
Too funny, I will have to remember that one!

m dennings

Hey TMZ, David Archuleta's Dad just quietly handled a citation for patronizing a prostitute. Where's the news on that?

Teebag

Question, was she like blonde, because like if she was, like i can totally see how she might like, fall and like totally hit her like head like TOTALLY, like ya' know? Seriously, like I'd sue too... I'm sure! 'cause, I don't know.... what were we talking about???? hehehe oh yeah, like he's totally at fault right? RIGHT? Whatever, gag me. He's just STUPID. Anybody got some Coke? cause like I wanna slide down that steep driveway too. hehehehehehehehe Stupid b@tches. Get a job. Our court system is full of idiotic lawsuits as it is. Watch where you are going. Take responsiblilty for your own actions and STOP SUING PEOPLE!

midnight

yeah whatever if they were really that so called hurt it would have been all over the news and they would have filed months ago!
Just two more whores trying to get something out of nothing! I never even heard of this guy:/

Mary Worth

These two had brains that could have been damaged? Near death experience for one? Am trying to imagine a driveway full of dangerous leaves and debris. Tiles in the driveway? Trying to do the math, here!

Anyway, I'm sure they have pics of themselves on their "almost" deathbeds. They have the bills. Brain scans to prove they do have brains, and they could have been damaged, etc! etc!

Evan L

Ha, It's pretty convienient that both of them nearly tripped to death down the driveway together..They only way that seems plausible is if they were drunk as hell themselves...but that wouldn't be good if the courts found that out now would it? aha They probably decided they needed to join the suing bandwagon to make money when they saw the chance and beat each other in the head with a baseball bat and "claimed" it was Ryan's fault.

Shame aha

Carla

And the fact that they were probably stumbling down drunk had nothing to do with their ability to walk. I've never been to LA, but it seems to be littered with stupid bimbos.

Julie

Can you say DRUNK IDIOTS!!!

John

Well, I'm sure they called an ambulance if they were near death. Money whores.
I like the driveway description. They just described every driveway in New England and the Pacific Northwest.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3