Jon & Kate Plus

the Worst Kept Secret

6/22/2009 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So it happened. Jon & Kate Gosselin announced their separation on tonight's show. Nothing will EVER be the same.

0622_jon_and_kate2_video-1
Jon is moving out and so on and so forth.

So we gotta ask...

Betty

If Kate is as upset about their marriage breaking up, as she tried to make us believe on the show tonight, then why didn't they get marriage counseling. I think Kate is willing to destroy her marriage and upset her children to get the millions from the show and the books and merchandising. Did anyone notice that TLC was trying to sell "Jon and Kate Plus 8" DVDS during the show? Shame on TLC for trying to make even more money from the breakup of this family.

L

1. I'm surprised he put up with her for this long.

2. How sad for the kid's lives to be played out for the world to see, all for money. Don't say they would have done the show
for free!

3. So, now what? He's going to move to New York and see his kids on the weekends? You can't parent kids in Pennsylvania
when you're in N.Y. He should move down the street from them, or next door. He can't put up with Kate, but he leaves t
poor kids behind to deal with her? So not fair to them.

4. I hope this is the end of their ridiculous show. T

Tami

SO SAD...I Hope the media is happy in playing a pretty big part in destroying a family...you people suck...Good luck to the kids...

Marie

WOW IT'S REALLY SAD FOR THE KIDS BUT I'M SORRY KATE IS A WITCH AND SHE MADE JON LOOK STUPID LIKE HE DIDN'T HAVE A BACKBONE HE NEVER WANTED TO BE FAMOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE , IT WAS ALL KATE AND I AM TEAM JON ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

momtomileyfans

I agree is was sad to watch. I wanted to reach out and SLAP Jon. He just does not seem to care or get it. He is just walking away- she is left with 8 kids now. He can go party and live it up. When he made his comment about possibly getting a job elsewhere I was shocked- ok so now just move away. What a jerk!

frogs and gravel

I wonder if Jon will miss being belittled on National TV?

Lucy

I used to love this show, and now it is turning in to nothing more then a soap opera. Reminds me of Days of Our Lives.
This show is no longer about the kids, its now about the ratings and money.
It needs to go!

Geraldo

Whats the big deal,,Sounds like Life to me.Millions of Divorces and Seps. Next Boring story please.

whocares

I find it interesting that they would throw in the proverbial towel rather than take time off the show, or quit doing the show. This proves the perks of being a celebrity is more important than working on their family. I resent the fact they get all these free items, tummy tucks, play houses..... Jon mentioned the media should focus on the soldiers fighting wars in Iraq & abroad. Did either of them offer to give up their perks to a soldiers family, a soldier at Walter Reed Medical Center I am sure could use a little plastic surgery. Or maybe give up the FREE play houses to the children of soldiers killed in the wars. No this family just takes, takes, takes. And the stupid little play house company that gave the houses for free publicity, have you given houses to families that adopt special needs childre?. I hope Kate enjoys (chokes) her fame,

...

this was soooo sad to watch
i almost cried when i watched it on tv, but i figured they were going to, but it's still shocking

i dont like that they waited the day that they waited until this episode aired to divorce, it makes one question what else theyre doing then for ratings.

very sad.

kingsmess

I agree Jon is a wuss having a midlife crisis!!! Notice how he brought up "I'm only 32" how many times? It is obvious he finally grew some balls and just doesn't want to do this anymore he wants to go play around, ride his FREE cycle that he got because of his kids! What would the reason possibly be that he would need a 3000K month to rent appt or 550K to buy appt in NY? And why NY..why doesn't he stay close by if they are just getting a separation?? Because he knows dang well he cant hardly wait to get out from under his wife and those 8 ball and chains and just be a free man!!! He will NEVER get anyone as cute as Kate and I agree she drove the ship there but I dont think he has the energy or brains to handle figuring anything out by himself!!

Hugh Gentry

The first time I saw the show I thought they shouldn't be together...and especially have 8 friggin kids with each other!!! It's funny to see her now compared to when it first started. She is a media whore and he is still the same person. She's the kind of woman you want to f*ck really hard, then punch in the back of the head. I really hope they cancel the show. I'll never watch it.

jogo

The Duggars don't look so bad now - at least I don't see Mr Duggar appearing with earrings and hair plugs and Mrs. Duggar bikining around with a fake tan!

Kathleen

Yick. The better question is: Does ANY ONE really care whether their split is real or fake?!

london

I"m just curious if anyone knows what "jon" did this weekend that prompted kate to filling for divorce? was it his wish to move to New york and get the penthouse? If that's the case, let me just say she has balls...(obviously). This media whore goes coast to coast, goes tanning regularly, takes vacations only the rich dream of, and is often found leaving the kids for fun...so what if jon found a home?