Al Sharpton -- Pray for Jacko

6/25/2009 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al SharptonTMZ just received the following statement from Al Sharpton:

"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.

I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown.

I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family
."

Timhey

Hey Al if your such a good friend instead of a media whore maybe you can take care of Bubbles!

Queen

I'm sure the Jackson family appreciate Rev. Al's prayers which should be encouraging for people to be nice instead of racist and hateful like TMZ's posters. Oh but wait, that't not realistic because racism lives and is revealing in the posters hearts. RIP MJ

wanda

oh, al, christians don't pray for the dead, remember? prayer is for the living.

Tarbaby

Maybe Sharpton will kick the bucket soon too!

1915 days ago

Stop playing the Race Card.

Hey, Al Sharpton...F*ck You!..

R.I.P MJ

Chris

STFU Al. This isn't about you.

sara

Al Sharpton is racist--no one cares what you say Al, youre a joke

Jstbtrflyz

One of the greatest entertainers of all time, for no matter what anyone thought of him, children have lost a father, parents have lost a child, siblings have lost a brother, and if Al Sharpton doesn't get off my tv, I'm going to throw it out the window. For those screaming 'racists posters on TMZ", Good grief, Al is one of the biggest I've ever had the pleasure of NOT meeting. His interview is all about him, good grief, time to go shut off my TV, I can't stand to listen to him anymore... RIP Michael....

Adralu

Al Sharpton SHUT THE HELL UP. NOT EVERYONE IS A RACIST. IDIOT!!!!

Carl D

I love Michael Jackson and remember when someone dies in your family you will know how people feel! (White people have no heart. I know for a fact now that you are the true DEVILS!!!

Ed

It would have been easier for Al to die then the news could be covering Farrah Fawcetts death who is getting overlooked. May they both RIP and may the news stop filming Al S..... it makes me sick

Carl D

I love Michael Jackson and remember when someone dies in your family you will know how people feel! (White people have no heart. I know for a fact now that you are the true DEVILS0!!!

Adralu

Do you think its KARMA???? About MJ

shooter12

(Quote)14. OK, TMZ, Everyone KNOWS that your writers have NO standards of personal integrity or decency but could you at least PRETEND like you do and show MICHAEL JACKSON, the greatest entertainer the world has ever known, some respect and finally STOP REFERRING TO HIM AS JACKO????? This type of ugliness is just inexcusable. You writers and editors, please know that evertyhing you do WILL find it's way right back to YOU.

Posted at 7:12PM on Jun 25th 2009 by Chris
_______________________________________________________________________________
Must have something going on, you're obviously reading it...if it's that bad for you, just....go away...

Pat

PLEASE, TMZ, SHOW SOME RESPECT - STOP REFERRING TO HIM AS "JACKO." THIS IS NOT FUNNY. A HUMAN LIFE HAS BEEN LOST PREMATURELY. I BELIEVE THAT MUCH OF THE PRESS IS ACTUALLY PARTLY TO BLAME FOR THIS YOUNG MAN'S DEMISE.

I THINK THE MEDIA SHOULD REALLY RECONSIDER HOW THEY TREAT SOME OF THE CELEBRITIES. I DON'T KNOW IF THE MEDIA COULD HANDLE SOME OF THEIR OWN HARSE AND ABUSIVE TREATMENT AND PUNTING.

TMZ, TAKE A MOMENT, AT LEAST FOR THE SAKE OF HIS MOTHER, WHO HAS LOST HER SON, AND HIS CHILDREN, WHO HAVE LOST THEIR FATHER,AT THIS VERY SAD TIME, SHOW SOME RESPECT AND CALL HIM THE NAME HE WAS GIVEN - MICHAEL JACKSON.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments