Farrah Fawcett Dies

6/25/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett We've learned Farrah Fawcett died at 9:28 AM today. Ryan O'Neal and Alana Stewart were at her bedside. She was 62.

She died at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica in the ICU. Also present -- Farrah's longtime friend and hairdresser, Mila Murphy, and Dr. Piero, who has been caring for her.

Farrah's only child, Redmond, was not present. He's currently in jail. A petition will have to be filed for Redmond to be able to attend the funeral -- as of now, this hasn't happened.

The "Charlie's Angels" star was diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006.

UPDATE: We've learned Ryan and Farrah did not marry during her final days. Alana Stewart, who has known Farrah for 30 years, said "she will always be there as that angel on the shoulder of everyone who loved her."

Ryan O'Neal just released the following: "After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Farrah Fawcett

Yvon Turcotte

Goodbye Angel, we'll always remenber you.

1951 days ago

Jo

I grew up selling the famous Farrah posters at Spencer Gifts. Her beauty will always be remembered. I am so sorry for Ryan and Redmond's loss. She is at peace. May God bless her family.

1951 days ago

Johnny in Ohio

Farrah, I have ALWAYS loved you......and as long as that love exists, you will be with me, and I will see you again, your beauty, your courage, is exceeded only by the beauty within your soul. I wished it had been I who could have looked into your soul and said " I Love You"

1951 days ago

Dave

As a kid, I remember Farrah Fawcett as the wife of Lee Majors and one of the unforgettable "Charlie's Angels." We saw her in our tv sets but we really didn't know her personally and deeply, as Ryan O'Neill and Lee Majors did. Farrah, prayers and condolences to you and your family. Rest in peace friend.

1951 days ago

Claudio Todeschi

Good bye angel.

1951 days ago

avm

.Rest in Peace Farrah a truly brave woman , but the news is to busy covering PT Barums death aka MJ instead . Its sickening

1951 days ago

Emily

You were a kid at heart and that's why I enjoyed watching you play in Charlie's Angels as I was growing up. A carefree happy child, looking up to a trully genuine, warm, gentle and kind lady. I watched "Farah's Story" before you were gone and I prayed for you but I believe God wanted you by His side sooner than what we thought. I know deep in my heart you are now a beautiful angel who's been transplanted to heaven. May you rest in peace and the sound of rain and thunder be on the other side also:) Always in my heart and in my thoughts, Emily

1951 days ago

Leo the Lion

She was and always wil be an Angel. We will miss her and not it is God's turn to have her. RIP Farrah, we love you!!!

1951 days ago

Oona Montgomery

Farrah you were my first serious crush, it is sad to know that we will never grow old together (figuratively speaking).You were one of the most beautiful women in the world. Hands down. I will miss your rockin body, you sexy smile, your contagious and innocent laugh and that great hair. Your career was what you wanted it to be ,not too much, not too little. You were a woman of wisdom in knowing what was important.You were so brave in your fight for your life, but Cancer is a big opponent. You fought all you could baby girl and now you are free, free from the pain and the sadness. Now my angel spread your beautiful wings and fly home.
I also have a message for Ryan, you were a lucky man, remember to fight your good fight now Ryan.

1951 days ago

nancy

Farrah was a lady of style, class and substance. I came to admire her more and more over the years. I realized that she was not just the pretty actress with the smile and incredible hair. She really was a great role model, She decided what was right for her, she forged ahead to get the acting roles some said she wasn't good enough to play--and she got Emmy nominations because yeah, she sure was good enough....and I think she knew it....

What I'm trying to say is--I think she was a brave, talented woman who chose her own direction. Yeah like--a woman of strength and substance. Very cool. Goodbye, lady. Thank you.

1951 days ago

stacy

Farrah was/is a beatuiful women she inspired me to keep the fight that I face.My prayers goes out to her family and friends.GOD has another good angel.GOD WILL GIVE RYAN AND RED THE STRENGTH TO KEEP what Farrah had started,she was a great woman.

1951 days ago

Beautiful Angel

My heart is broken as I sit and write this. I have loved Farrah since I was a kid. I met her 26 years ago for the first time and later came to Hollywood and was on TV with her. Everytime I met her it was a special occasion. I only hope for people to know what a kind, gentle soul she was. I can't imagine this world without her or no more movie or tv shows to look forward to with her. Such grace. Such beauty. Such sadness. I know the focus is on Michael Jackson but Farrah's love will never be forgotten. What a stellar person and a fine American. God rest her soul and may she somehow thrive in heaven if that is possible. I am heart-broken.

1950 days ago

sambutin

r.i.p. farrah fawcet!

1950 days ago

Tina

I'm so sorry to read this, although it wasn't unexpected. She fought a very brave battle against a very embarrassing and painful type of cancer. I wish her family peace and condolences to a fine and beautiful actress and artist.

1950 days ago