Farrah Fawcett Dies

6/25/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett We've learned Farrah Fawcett died at 9:28 AM today. Ryan O'Neal and Alana Stewart were at her bedside. She was 62.

She died at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica in the ICU. Also present -- Farrah's longtime friend and hairdresser, Mila Murphy, and Dr. Piero, who has been caring for her.

Farrah's only child, Redmond, was not present. He's currently in jail. A petition will have to be filed for Redmond to be able to attend the funeral -- as of now, this hasn't happened.

The "Charlie's Angels" star was diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006.

UPDATE: We've learned Ryan and Farrah did not marry during her final days. Alana Stewart, who has known Farrah for 30 years, said "she will always be there as that angel on the shoulder of everyone who loved her."

Ryan O'Neal just released the following: "After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Farrah Fawcett

carmen

FARRAT,REST IN PEACE,ANGEL.

1921 days ago

Gary P.

She was my "Perfect Women" when I was a kid, And still was when I hit 46. Her beauty was not just on the out side.

1921 days ago

Heidi

Rest in Peace Farrah. You were beautiful and brave and fought a hard fight. As Katie Couric said, perhaps your death will save lives. Too few people even knew about anal cancer, much less get regular screenings. It is a rare and highly treatable form of cancer if caught early enough. We are all now much more aware. I'm sorry that your much deserved headlines were trumped by the media circus brought about by that other death on the same day. Sleep well Angel.

1919 days ago

Jersey Girl 19

What a shame, not one word on TMZ tonight (June 30) about Farrah's funeral. I guess Michael jackson overshadowed her.

1919 days ago

SSShaw

Our thoughts and prayers goes out to the Farrow and O'Neal family. May you remember all the memories of the lovely LADY. You'll all see her again one day

1919 days ago

Justsaying

Redman did show up. It was cover by ET network.

1918 days ago

KELC

I would like to know why Jacklyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd was not at Farrah's funeral?

1917 days ago

Colin Cody

Had I not failed mizerably in my attempts to inform Farrah of an Italian doctor, Dr. Tulio Simoncini of Rome, who has been curing nearly all forms of cancer for 30 years, she would have been alive and in perfect health today. (Sorry kiddo!!) I'll try to do better for others in the future as I'm sure she would have me do. She is quite likely visiting with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in heaven as I write this. There are many Christian entertainers of all varieties there with whom she can visit. One day, I will be there also, and Farrah and I will have many times of delightful fellowship together throughout eternity--both being professional actors, older native Texans and lovers of Jesus (Luke 9:23f). Don't cry...the truly good times have just begun for Farrah, and our grief is nothing compared to her happiness forever, world without end. Make plans to join us, won't you?

1917 days ago

Lamar Cole

For Farrah (Fawcett)

A great beauty has passed from this life.
Of good times and sometimes toil and strife.
Some will say that she went to a better place.
Look at the blue sky or a white cloud, you will still see her face.

Movements like those of a gazelle in flight.
Hair that shone like gold on a moonlit night.
Eyes that could touch your soul.
And essence like that of a red rose.

Farrah, you fought hard to stay here on earth with us.
But when God calls you, go you must.
Whenever we feel a summer breeze or april rain.
It will seem like you are near.
And in our hearts, your memory will always remain dear.

1916 days ago

TRICKPONY

RIP FARRAH WE WILL ALL MISS YOUR SWEET SMILE AND THE JOY YOU BROUGHT ME AND EVERYONE,YOUR THE BESTOF THE BEST. THEIR WILL NEVER BE A WOMAN LIKE YOU.

1916 days ago

April

So sad and so sorry to lose you so young. As I am watching the Fourth o July Fireworks show...it reminds me of how you were such an amazing and impressive burst of fireworks! You will be very missed. I hope that Farrah's father lives long enough to straighten her son Redmond out and get him on the straight and narrow...she deserves that much included in her legacy. It was obvious he loved her very much, now he has to mature and follow the path that God has for him to fulfill his purpose in life. Sincere condolences to Ryan, Alanna, of course her Dad and Redmond and all those who loved her too and will miss her very much indeed.

1915 days ago

Barbara

I find the deaths of Farrah Fawcett & Ed Mcmahon much sadder than that of Michael Jackson. Despite their personal problems their deaths were much more dignified than that of Michael Jackson.

1911 days ago

Sandra

An Angel has gone to Heaven!!!
I felt very sorry when I heard that Farrah was suffering, now she has gone to a better place where she has no more pain. We will miss her for sure and many of us will never forget her. When Charlie's Angels began I used to watch it and of all the girls I loved her the best. I even copied her hair style and wore it for many years and people used to say to me, you really love Farrah eh, and I would smile because I was proud to know that my hair looked exactly like hers. Farrah's birthday was the 2nd of February and my own was on the 7th. She was beautiful from head to toe and really looked like an Angel. May the Good Lord keep her safe, we will miss her but she is better with the Lord! rest in peace Angel!
D.S Toronto

1907 days ago

ve may bay

R>I>P

1904 days ago

Simply Crazy Crazy

Very sad now she is not suffering no more.

1924 days ago