Elizabeth Taylor

Tweets on Jackson's Death

6/26/2009 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Taylor -- who initially was "too devastated" to comment on the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson -- has just released a statement via her Twitter account:

Michael & Elizabeth
"My heart ... my mind ... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God's help ... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love HIM forever."

Taylor is the one who gave Jackson his royal title, The King of Pop.

Gm7999

I'm sure she truly loved this freak show and pedophile peice of trash. Thank god this weird, manipulative, non-bill paying jacka** is gone. He never grew up and took advantage of children to try and recreate his own childhood. Noone's life is easy...but what normal people do is live and learn, and not molest children.

The REAL DEAL

TWITTER - that is more than 140 characters.

ZuZu

Good gosh. I can't believe Liz Taylor is still around. I'm sure she does miss her little freak!

Lia

Elizabeth Taylor's comment absolutely broke my heart. She is absolutely heartbroken. I had a friendship like that once, I still miss my friend every single day. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her several times. Its so hard to have such an empty space in your heart.

fashion disaster

Sweet, but very creepy at the same time...

K. Cisneros

don't worry everything will be alright Micheal Jackson will be remembered by all his true fans family and friends his music will play ever where on earth and posters will be hung in every fans room and the king of pop will still live forever in our hearts my heart goes out to his family and hope that will make it through this he is with god now Ms. Taylor and he will watch over his friends family and all loved ones from above. May he rest in peace Micheal Jackson 1958-2009 THE KING OF POP!!!!!!!

Outraged

Gm7999, who are you to thank God that someone is gone. Do you even know God? Because if you truly knew him, you wouldn't be happy that a human being has lost his life. No matter what the man may or may not have done, you are not his judge. You need prayer.

Jeannie

Condemnation want get YOU anywhere, breaks my heart ...Let him go and rest in Peace ..STOP judging him and those that believed in him. Where is our country headed how disheartening.
God Bless You Michael and all those that came before and will come after.
Love is to be there through the good times and the bad...I guess we have very little love for each other.
How devastating.
I am thankful I have never been a celeb or in the public light how CRUEL you all can be.
I am just a Southern Country Lady that loves to cook, a simple person that was raised with true values.
So sad very few learn morals or values anymore...sigh.
Jeannie

lena

twitter????????

jo

Why didn't Elizabeth try to get Michael help for his addictions if she was such a good friend?

Frankie

Elizabeth is very caring, loving, down-to-earth person. If she's your friend, you've got a friend for life. She and Michael adored each other. I'm sure Elizabeth, being older, thought should would go before her cherished friend. This is, I'm sure, a shock for her.

irisheyes

OMG!!!! These celebritites are soooo messed up. Elizabeth Taylor probably thought EVERY husband she had was a true love too. Get a life woman. True...Michael Jackson was a very talented artist and will be missed for his great music, but not his very strange screwed up mind. They are ALL Hollywood wack jobs and most would'nt know a REAL feeling if they fell over it. It's a very sad situation all the way around. Elizabeth....you won't have to worry about living without your so called TRUE LOVE Michael much longer....you look like your about 100 yourself.

Jesus juice

I do believe hse quickly DISSAPPEARED out of his life when he was confronting the molestation charges. Nice friend!!

pua

King of Pedophilia Other Peoples children. Yeah, it's got a ring to it. It may not be a haiku, but more close to the truth than all the simpering, sniveling fans seem to notice.

Linda

Her comments of how heartbroken she is brought tears to my eyes. So very sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments