Elizabeth Taylor

Tweets on Jackson's Death

6/26/2009 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Taylor -- who initially was "too devastated" to comment on the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson -- has just released a statement via her Twitter account:

Michael & Elizabeth
"My heart ... my mind ... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God's help ... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love HIM forever."

Taylor is the one who gave Jackson his royal title, The King of Pop.

Just Anybodys

Yeah I bet Liz Taylor and Micheal did drugs together - both are junkies. And as for Liz still being friends with Micheal after he had to pay 20 MILLION dollars to the kids family to shut the case against him, she should have had more sypathy for the kids he molested, she was once molested by the Hollywood couch when she was young. Betcha! I hope the mother of the kids takes custody, the kids will have more of a normal life, and not let those crazy Jacksons get their hands on them. None of them are any good. So what that I dislike the Jacksons, I bet you dislike someone too! :-P

See? If he and went to jail he would still be alive, instead he's in HELL servering the Devil as his concubine!

firebaby

wtf? elizabeth taylor twitters?!?! lol...

Wolfmann

Michael Jackson turned into another Hollywood Excess Nut Case as so many of them do This man was not happy with himself as he thought he could be white and dumb ass Al Sharpton should have stayed home in New York. The only ones I feel sorry for is his kids---------------The Wolfman-----------------

PS How come now all these Quack Doctors come from the middle east ?

annie

From what I've read about her, you could never have a better friend than Elizabeth Taylor {try reading her biographies, she was fascinating and an amazing actress}. But she was just in denial about Michael, who slept with little boys. If he wasn't famous and rich at the time, he would have been prosecuted and jailed like any other pedophile. No way can anyone sanely explain a grown "man" sleeping and having "slumber parties" with boys. And still so many other people , in total denial of the fact he was a pervert.

Elizabeth, I hope you read this because I've always wanted to tell you, you are my favorite. There is NO other actress who compares to your talent. No one. And you and Burton were king and queen of the world, I miss you both. Richard has passed over and no one really sees enough of you anymore. One of your most stunning performances, to me, was in the film "The Driver's Seat" and "Night Watch". And all any dumb tributes ever mention are the obvious films, but you were BRILLIANT , more than usual...in "The Driver's Seat". That was one hell of a performance. You nailed that weird character like nothing I've ever seen.
Love you, Elizabeth !!!!!!!!

annie

#16....yeah dumb-ass, Elizabeth Taylor twitters. And you'll never come close to that woman's amazing talent,personality or generosity. She's one of a kind. It would take you your whole miserable life to even try to comprehend hers.

San Francisco

Why does LIZ get more than 140 characters on TWITTER? We only get 140.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Well, you definitely got the part right about your mind being broken, you doped-up old bag.

Ashley

aw man poor Elizabeth, she is going to grieve for him so much, her statement broke my heart, as if it wasnt broken enough with the passing of the King, our world's greatest entertainer. i am absolutely devastated...
and all you haters, have some bloody respect

Jenn

Its sad that this has happened but why when you r on the main page of the website its only talking about him and doesnt mention one thing about Farrah Fawcett?

Jessica

"I do believe hse quickly DISSAPPEARED out of his life when he was confronting the molestation charges. Nice friend!!"

Obviously, you are not too familiar with the details of their friendship (I'm not necessarily blaming you - you may be too young to remember certain facets of their 25-year friendship.)

Dame Liz remained UNSHAKEABLY loyal to Michael when he was first accused of child molestation in 1993 - going far above and beyond her duties as a friend (passionately and bravely defending him and excoriating the press when all his other celebrity "friends" were basically offering a "no comment" attitude - despite the reported protests of her own family, husband and friends; flying all the way to Thailand to be at his side despite recently recovering from a serious bout of flu; masterminding a daring "disappearing" act to fly Michael from Mexico City to London to get treatment for drug addiction; showing up for the disastrous "Jackson Family Honors" show to support him despite being in excruciating pain from a broken hip simply because Michael asked her to; and, even passionately defending the infamous baby-dangling incident on the "Larry King Show" (something even I found difficult to do.)

Liz actually DID release a statement of support early in the 2005 molestation trial supporting Michael despite the chagrin of her family but, due to her own declining health and progressive age, she could hardly mount the same kind of extraordinary defense that she did the first time around.

However, even BEFORE his death, Liz NEVER uttered an unkind or critical word about Michaael - something which cannot be said for some of his other so-called friends including Brooke Shields, Lisa Marie Presley and Quincy Jones.

That dame can be MY friend any time, anywhere, any place.

CorkeyTheJetPlane

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. You should never speak ill of the dead. If you didn't like him then why are you on TMZ reading the news stories. Grow up and find something better to do with your time. Michael will truly be miss.

disgusting

This is ridiculous, if you do not have anything nice to say-don't say anything at all. The point is he's dead, whatever happened in his life-right or wrong these comments are just down right hateful,disgusting and inhuman. God judges him and noone else. Who are you to say he will burn in hell? Remember you will be judged one day to.......Elizabeth Taylor is reacting to the death of a friend, these cruel comments show what the world is coming to. May you never be in this position, to hear such hate spewed out about a dead loved one.

paula uk

I would agree he's the genius of the last two decades of the music industry everyone appeals to his music, and will be greatly missed, but we've had the best from him on a musical level, i wanna know why debbie row had nothing to do with her kids, did micheal pay her off? she must see them in the media from time to time and wonder if staying away is the right thing, if not ,she dont deserve to have her kids full time but i do think kids need there natural mother even if it she only vists them on a weekend basis. it is a shame but just goes to show enjoy your time here you never know whats around the corner. paula london

jude

I'll always remember michael the way he was in the 80's. Those of us who were kids of that era will always have respect and admiration for him and all that he brought to the worlds of dance and music. As a young child i can say most certaintly that i never knew anyone who couldnt or never tried to moonwalk! Whether you were a fan or not, you acknowledged the fact that he was a big part or our cultural history and upbringing. For myself and my 10 year old daughter (yes, she's been a fan for years now) we will be remembering him the way he was when he first inspired me.

sib

May he rest in peace, I wish I had a chance to meet him, I was and am a fan. I don't believe in the charges against him at all. I believe he was innocent, and to get blamed for something like that and not being able to prove your self innocent to the world would make any person depressed enough to take prescribed medicine. I hope he is now in peace and may Allah rest his soul...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments