Emergency Workers

Felt Jackson Dead at Scene

6/26/2009 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Dead at the sceneWhen EMTs arrived at Michael Jackson's home yesterday, the medics wanted to pronounce him dead on the scene -- but Michael's personal doctor refused to let them "call it" -- this according to sources close to the situation.

When EMTs arrived there was evidence someone had been performing CPR on Michael for "quite some time." There was evidence of Lidocaine -- an old-school drug that can be used to treat disturbances in the heart's rhythm. Medics took over performing CPR but determined Jackson was lifeless -- and wanted to call the coroner to pick up the body.

We're told Jackson was flat-lined when EMTs arrived.

But our sources say M.J.'s doc demanded EMTs continue performing CPR anyway, and demanded that they take Michael to the hospital.

Once they arrived at UCLA, we're told Jackson's doc continued to personally administer CPR -- even though it was clear Jackson was already gone.

malia

I've been a Paramedic for 15 years what is an EMT-Advanced?
My state cert says EMT-Paramedic also.

akeei X

Michael rest in peace.it was your time. you have left with you a legacy.that was around before I was born.and I will pass on your music to my future kids.god willing.Love u Michael.Trinidad and Tobago loves you.

NICO

There's nothing really unusual about EMT paramedics continuing lenghty CPR, if they want to.
Sometimes, when they are about to call it, they do manage to get a heart beat back, however, the longer the CPR, the worse the outcome, as a general rule. Even if MJ had survived, I doubt his quality of life would be what he would want.
I have been involved in long downtime CPR, and given that MJ was only 50 and relatively healthy (he is/was fitter than me), it would be worth trying, they would have nothing to lose other than try.
We should be applauding these medics who fought so valiantly to save this young man.

LiBa

It's customary for emergency personnel to transport even the most obvious death to the hospital. This is a kindness and a courtesy to the family, so they can believe that everything that could possibly be done, was done, yet their loved one died at the hospital.

Jenny Di

Michael I pray for you to be in a better place now.
You gave a lot to the world your music, your dance, your personality, nobody will never forget you.
You were a legend alive and now more than ever.
You will always be The King of the Music.
Love, Jenny

H.K.B

RIP Michael Jackson...The grestest entertainer the world will ever see, without him we would not have the Ushers and the Timberlakes. He paved the way for african americans to come mainstream on MTV. A true gift to the world and a sad end but I blame the people for his death. The people who tarnished his name over molestation charges, I hope now people will remember him for being the genius that he was

Paramedic

it is not customary to transport dead bodies to a hospital. I think giving family false hope is crueler then facing reality. There is nothing the hospital can do that we cant short of a surgical intervention. We carry the same drugs in the crash carts as the hospitals do. We are not just ambulance drivers.

wren

While it is true that this doctor ( supposedly a cardiologist) was ethically and medically questinable in his actions in giving the shot, and in his actions afterwards, all the blame cannot go to teh doctor(s).

Michael was a big boy. He was an addict , yes, but he had the resources to get the help he needed if he wanted it. The majority of the blame for Michael's status as an addict is on Michale himself. Its all about choices.

I would call his death sad and pathetic, but not tragic. Tragic is someone getting hit by a bus, or someone like Farrah Fawcett fighting a terrible disease. Michael's death was sad and pathetic, and not unexpected.
-wren

Margo

Michael died from a drug overdose. That is it people that is all there is to it. I think there needs to be a way people can not go from doctor to doctor getting Rx for narcotics. Shame on the dr.s who did this and SHAME on his family for not getting him the help he needed. SHAME on his family for denying this man the childhood he should have had .. and for what ... money ?

Leticia Hernandez

Micheal you will so be missed. I feel like I lost a family member of my own, My thought and prayers go out to you and you family.
Love you forever
LETICIA

shawny

I THINK THAT IN HIS DEATH, NO ONE SHOULD BE ACCUSED, AS IN HIS LIFE OF THINGS THEY DONT KNOW.
THIS DOCTOR WAS HIS PERSONAL DOC, WHO HELPED HIM, AND IM SURE HE TRUSTED HIM WITH HIS LIFE AND THEY WERE CLOSE, THE DOCTOR WAS PASSIONATE AND DIDNT WANT TO LOOSE HIM, HE FAUGHT SO HARD TO SAVE HIM, EVEN AFTER GOING TO THE HOSPITAL, YES HE TRIED TO SAVE HIM CAUSE HES A DOCTOR AND HE WAS THERE WITH HIM, THATS WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING, SO HE TRIED 1ST, THEN CALLED 911, I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT, CAUSE HE IS A DOCTOR. AND NEW HIM BETTER THAN THE 911 PERSON, OR THE MEDICS WHO CAME.

ITS NOT SURPRISING TO HEAR A DOCTOR THAT IS YOUR PERSONAL ONE, TO RESPOND LIKE THAT, IM SURE THEY WERE CLOSE AS FRIENDS AS WELL , AND HE IS A HIGH PROFILE PERSON, SO OF COURSE HE WAS TRYING TO DO THE UN HEARD OF BRINGING HIM BACK, BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH SKILLS YOU HAVE OR CERTIFICATES YOU CANT BRING BACK SOMEONE GOD HAD TAKEN AWAY AND CALLED ON. SO WE NEED TO HEAR THE FACTS AND STOP PUTTING PEOPLE THROUGH THINGS WITH COMMENTS, EVERYONE IS SUFFERING, CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW THE DOC IS FEELING, AND HIS FAMILY RIGHT NOW, AND THE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, PROBABLY WAS NEEDED, DUE TO ALL THE STRESS THAT ALL THESE PEOPLE CAUSED HIM IN ALL HIS TRIALS AND ISSUES, HE IS HUMAN. I KNOW HE PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW HE WAS IN TROUBLE, AND IS PROBABLY LOOKING OVER US, HAPPY FOR SO MUCH LOVE WE ARE GIVING HIM, AND HE CAN NOW REST IN PEACE.

I JUST WISH HE COULD HAVE DID THAT LAST CONCERT, THAT HE WANTED TO DO, AND GET THE LOVE BACK HE LOST FROM ALOT OF PEOPLE.

jester

JACKSON PERSONAL DOC WOULDN'T LET THEM "CALL IT" WHILE ON THE SCENE, AND HE MADE THEM TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL AND NOT STOP C.P.R./ LIFESAVING MEASURES, BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT MICHAELS BODY TO BE UNDER HIS CARE WHEN THE FINAL "CALL" WAS MADE AND THEY DETERMINED THE TIME OF DEAATH. IF THIS GETS CRIMINAL INVESTIGATED SOME HOW THAT COULD BE A LITTLE THING THAT THE DOC WILL TRY TO PULL OUT

Phoneboy

His doctor refused to let them call it? I guess I would too if I were potentially responsible for causing his death.

lily

How many people do you knnow that live with their personal doctor. Drug dealers will live with aanyone...Have phone records been checked yet, to see how many calls were made after discovery of the body??? Yes BODY, he died at home....

mother,sister,aunt,wife

Have you yet experienced the lost of a family member? Remember that emptyness? You call out their name and desperately wait for a response. Michael Jackson will always be a household name. Just like anyone in our own family he has his place. Good and bad times thru laughter and tears he's just our brother from another mother. Despite whatever problems he may have had he loved EVERYONE. Can the same be said about you? Whats done is done. People are so judgemental, so quick to say anything without any thought. When you feel like criticizing start with the man in the mirror. If you can step out of your pure perfection for a moment please realize that you shouldnt throw rocks in glass houses. Michael was just like us, part of a family just like ours...........respect the fact that someone lost the love of their life. Thier son,brother,father,ect, Send condolences and prayers for strength to his grieving family. When your time come maybe someone will do the same for you.