Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

honesty

I hold him responsible for his behavior when he became an adult, but still have to wonder how much his father, treating him and his entire family like slaves, and him beating the crap out of them, working them 18 hours a day, and taking all their money, has to do with what happened to him.
Most child molesters were molested also. Makes you wonder who abused him.

Stephen J. Bogan

While everyone is going around throwing beautiful tributes out there to this so-called King of Pop, let's not forget his true legacy as a child molester and pedophile. Why in the world to we have laws against pedophilia and child abuse, and then the whole country glorifies a pedophile? This is the essence of what Islamist extremists see when they say we are the great Satan. Let's stop calling this evil man good when he wasn't!

ttsweetthing

ALL YOU PEOPLE CALLING MJ A MOLESTER AND HORRIABLE NAMES SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE BUT GOD. AND IF HE WAS SUCH A MOLESTER IN 2003 THEN WHY IN THE HELL DID THE COURTS GIVE HIM FULL CUSTODY OF HIS CHILDREN IN 2005. MOST MOLESTERS MOLEST THERE OWN CHILDREN BEFORE THEY GO OUT AND MOLEST OTHER...GET EDUCATED FOLKS AND LEAVE THE MAN IN PEACE..."MJ..MAY YOU FIND THE PEACE IN THE HEAVENS IN THE SKY AND MAY YOU MOON WALK DOWN THE GOLDEN STREETS OF HEAVEN AND SING TO THE STARS THAT SURROUND YOU. MAY ALL THE PEACE YOU DESPERATLY SEEKED ON EARTH THAT WAS NEVER FOUND SURROUND YOU NOW." PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ITS US THAT MAKES LIFE HARD TO LIVE AND ITS BAD PEOPLE THAT MAKES US NOT ACHIEVE PEACE...DRUGS ARE NEVER THE ANSWER BUT REALITY IS HARD TO LIVE..RIP MICHAEL!

iamhere

I dont agree with anything that Michael Jackson has done in any sort of way. But I dont wish anyone dead and I do feel for his family.

Butterfly23123

What a loss, I am very sad for a man who had everything but really had nothing except his children. Rest in peace Michael Jackson, you will be missed.

toni northington

Heaven needed another great singer and dance instructor, so Michael was chosen. I bet Michael, Isaac Hayes, Bernie Mac , Luther Vandross, Barry White and KoKo Taylor are having a jam session out of this world. Now that's what I call a homecoming. Rest in Peace to all of you. All of you got your props here, now you are getting much bigger props.

Mary

I remember when Thriller came out. My daughter Leslie had to have it. She asked me if she could play it all night long, I said of course. She played it for 8 hours. She is now 31 years of age. She called me last evening to ask if I had heard the news of Michael's passing, I said that I had heard. She asked if I remembered when I bought her the tape. I said yes. She asked if I remember that she played it for hours, I said yes I remember. I was trying to sleep as my little girl listened to Michael's music.....we both cried yesterday.

Elizabeth Ann

Well, MJ...my whole life I have loved your music and tried (albeit unsuccessfully) to dance like you. When I heard about your death, I cringed because I knew that people were not going to refrain from speaking ill of the dead. ;( All I can say is that I did not know you personally, I do not know whether you were a "good" or "bad" person, but you were a PHENOMENAL performer. I think that had you not lost your childhood to celebrity, you would have been a much happier and well-adjusted adult. I think you were like a little boy inside. Thank you for your contributions to our WORLD'S culture...your music and dance moves are beloved the world over. Now, if you'll excuse me, my friends and I are having a karaoke party of your music to CELEBRATE your life's work and I have to go to the store for Gatorade! LOL! Love ya, MJ. I hope that you were saved...may God have mercy on your soul in the hour of judgement.

Love, Elizabeth

stopthepresses

What a talent to have him waste his life the way he did. I loved Thriller when it came out, and some of his other music, but he admitted himself that he liked sleeping with young boys, and that is freaky. Period. No excuses for that type of behavior. And, after paying millions of dollars in hush money to one family - he continued the same behavior, apparently believing he was "above" what was considered legal, moral and normal. Then, he dangled his own son over a balcony while giggling hysterically like a young girl. How sad for his kids, but maybe they'll be raised by somebody a little less eccentric now.

MacConvie

Ok look, many of you are wondering why he took Demerol. He took it because he had DISCOID LUPUS, CAN BE VERY PAINFUL. He also was diagnosed with VITILIGO, which explains all of the hats, scarves, umbrellas and masks.

Many of you on here are just evil, just absoultely EVIL.

Larry King said yesterday that during the trial in the 90's, he overheard at a restaurant, the mother and the lawyers talking about how they could EXTORT Michael for money, but the Judge wouldn't let him testify, THAT PROVES that these people were all out to get this man for his money. I hope all of you who are posting negative and mean comments really think about how you'd like to be thougt of after you die, hopefully it isn't with the same callousness and meanness you all display.

PICS that PROVE MICHAEL HAD VITILIGO

VIDEO, that shows he had Vitligo AND LUPUS (RED SPOTS)

rp5

Those of you that think he was not a child molester just because he was never convicted probably believe O.J. was innocent as well. Also, he always professed about caring for All children regardless of race, etc. If so, how come he never had sleep overs with any girls?

LaniV

This is NOT true. ONE daily shot of demerol will NOT cause cardiac arrest. His "personal physician" needs to come forward and tell us what REALLY happened. And who was the guy on the 911 tape? His Dr knows what happened and maybe that's why he's avoiding the LAPD.

ganurse

We were taught in a class once that while Demerol is still a very widely used drug, each person has sort of a "magic number" that they can have in a lifetime. Once that amount is given, it can kill you, even if you have always had that very same dosage. It has to do with the half-life and clearance of the medication. Many hospitals don't use Demerol now for this reason.

Mannysgrammy

I've used demerolin the past i had injections (strong doses) for migraines. I'm now on Patches for MS chronic pain..i can tell you that this stuff effects your breathing immensly & can/does slow your breathing down to nothing.

LONG story, but just over a month ago, it happened to me. Last night i thought it was happeming AGAIN, my breathing was messed up bad.

There ARE too strong of shots like with Michael, & there are/has been death from bad patches. Sometimes i get a punch enough to kill a person 3x my size. I ripped it off numerous times, & because i got such an over dose of it all at once, i've already waited a whole 12 hrs before using anymore, it was strong in my system THAT long....so you bet my family almost had to bury me a month ago....no doubt in my mind this was his demise!!!

Funny Though.

RP5 you are right on the mark!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments