Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

awwwwwwww

He was receiving an injection when he died alright...A child's penis...

chris

Why is it when people die,alot people choose to say only kind things about the person? Even when the person was whacked like Michael Jackson. Even though this man had tremendous talent. I will always remember him as a pedphile. Just because he wasn't found guilty doesn't mean he wasn't a pedophile. It means he had great lawyers. So go ahead and glamourize this crazy man all you want! M.J. and God have always known the truth about his so-called child like ways!

honesty

I am feeling guilty.
I was sad about Ed dying.
I was sad about Farrah dying.
I am not sad about MJ dying. I just can't find it in myself. I am
sorry for the grief of his family but I can't work up a sadness at
his passing. This is not like me. I only keep thinking that, no more
kids will be bought, paid for, and molested by him.

Non PC at all times

Hey JW, get your head out of your a--. You think he needed someone to be a role model to know sleeping with little boys is inappropriate? A "child in a man's body", what does that even mean? Was he mentally retarded? Most importantly it's "pieces" not "peices". Remember, " i before e except after c."

Aman Dhillon

TO THE STAFF MEMEBERS AT TMZ,

YOU SHOULD HAVE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD. YOU SHOULDNT LET THESE FOOLS SLANDER MICHAEL JACKSON.
I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR TMZ, YOU ARE ALL FOOLS, GO TO HELL.

TAKING INTERVIEWS FROM THE FAMILY, THEN LETTING ALL OF THESE IGNORANT PEOPLE SLANDER HIM.

OH I FORGOT, YOU HAVE NO ETHICS, THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE ALL ABOUT? OOPS.

Tomcat

LOOK...the Jackson clan are opportunistic. Not saying they did not love their bro Mike; however, there was a lawsuit in the works where the FAMILY was/is suing Michael Jackson over his solo tour. Its seems, (once again) the Jacksons wanted to CASH IN on wacko Jaco...$$$. The guy was estranged from the 0Jackson family for good reason.

Brillo Pad

TOTALLY AMUSED: You are right on!! And really...............what DOES that mean??? LOL Sheesh. These people are crazy!

CHIEF SLAPAHO: ROTFLMAO!! I'm emailing that one on. TOO GOOD!! LOL.

Dr.Domanskis

IV Demerol=Respiratory Arrest=Cardiac Arrest=Loss of Michael Jackson. Likely Narcan could have saved him! He helped Heal the World! May he rest in peace!

Brillo Pad

AMAN DHILLON: BOOOO HOOOO HOOOO BLAH BLAH BLAH Shut up.

54phil

Who is the "physician" who wrote the prescription(s)? Is this enabler going to get off the hook like Elvis Presley's "doctor" ?

newswatcher

HEY! DON'T GET MAD AT TMZ ABOUT THESE POSTS!!!!. If you don't like TMZ then just don't go to the website. truth is they were the FIRST to report he had died like an hour before everyone else. so its a great place to get facts, and yes to gossip, etc... and find out the latest on stuff, but its THE BEST WEBSITE there is. if you don't like it, ITS a FREE COUNTRY and no one is pulling your arm to log onto it.

Brillo Pad

He helped heal the world??? ROTFLMAO!! How did he do that prey tell?

Imawhore

I read he had cancer http://bambilashes.com/did-michael-jackson-have-cancer.php is that why he took the shots

Robert S

As a doctor, I can tell you that taking Demerol over an extended period of time cannot cause what happened, the drug is a safe painkiller used by millions of people in pain.....however, a large dose at one time can do it. If indeed they find a level high enough in Jackson's blood, then it is murder. The question is, why was he taking such pain-killers when rehearsing for an upcoming concert, that in combination with extreme physical activity could very well be too much for the heart, but it looks like the dose was too large, because a person on an average dose of these medications such as Demerol or Percocet can still exercise. It will be interesting to see the levels. Then there is the question of why can't he be found? Was Michael just too afraid of his comeback, along with the 3 or 4 lawsuits that recently were filed against him? The human body can only absorb so much stress. If he was indeed under such stress, low doses of Valium would have been very effective to reduce his anxiety, so why Demerol? The family mentioned no pain he had been having.

same same same

well not really judging as much as making a statement because well because this is true