Paul McCartney: MJ Was a Talented 'Boy Man'

6/26/2009 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul McCartneyPaul McCartney, who warred with Michael Jackson when he bought up the rights to the Beatles catalog, released the following statement:

"I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."

jocuri

great singer too Paul Mc Cartney

mrs. brand

I heart you Paul McCartney!!

Andrew

The man speaks the truth.

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson

Angie

OMG TMZ The man just passed away stop finding the littlest things to pick about don't stoop that low!! RIP MJ leave all your worries here on earth.

L.A. California

Boycott Perez hilton for being such a FLAMER, and also for being disgusting looking, oh and for that 12 min video rant about being smacked, oh and for talking bad about MJ being in the hospital calling his a faker...

Tmz start roasting fat boy hilton...Hopefully you can make him go broke..lol

Sassy

Yeah, I believe his memories will all be happy ones (NOT), once you war with someone, chances are slim your memories will only be fond ones. It was a lovely thought though.

Peter

From ashes to ashes, from dust to dust. We all have a beginning and an end. A flower comes grows from a seed in the earth, blooms, and finally wither. A child is born crying, crawl, walks, runs, slows down, uses assistance to move, rest, and finally people cry on his body while his spirit is free in the Universe. We will all depart on the same road, rich, poor, men of power, men of wisdom, and men of fame.

ReN

I'm sure Mr. McCartney didnt mean to say it the way it came out. It was probably a fumble with words. Like many have said, let's leave him alone now.
R.I.P Michael Jackson

Keiko

Am I the only one that read that he has a genital soul?

JANE DOE

"WARRED"?
Then Why quote anything HE had to say!?

RIP MJ!!

Don't understand People

Just like Paul to praise and degrade in the same sentence. Michael is at peace and away from all of the negativity people had towards him. I have always been a fan and will continue to be a fan of Michael Joseph Jackson. RIP

Me

It's like I heard on a news report last night - funny how many stars are coming out in support of Michael Jackson now that he passed away. Where was Paul McCartney and his friendship, respect and admiration and Wednesday of this week? I can't stand the arrogance of Paul McCartney at any time but it did get him some media attention so that's good I guess. I don't remember Paul McCartney standing up for his friend when the money grabbers and exploiters tried their hardest to ruin him (tried 3 times, failed miserably 3 times).

Rest in peace Michael.

Tara

"Boy Man" is a compliment. He aged but kept his youthful spirit. As for those that think McCartney was lying about happy memories, maybe he was trying to be polite, or maybe he was telling the truth. How would it look if he said, "glad the child molesting, music stealing bastard is dead,"? Sometimes you just can't win.

Tracy

Maybe Michael left Paul the beetles songs in his will????

olddrunk

Paul McCartney had every reason on earth to be mad. Check the facts. I think he is being quite gracious. Let's see if Michael Jackson held to his word that when he died Paul McCartney and Lennon's widow will inherit the music rights to the music that John and Paul wrote. Nothing wrong with saying boy man. Jackson, though incredibly talented in many ways, but was a boy man. I respected his talent. I didn't like some of the things he did. You shouldn't either. He wasn't a saint and I'm not going to make him one now that he's dead.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments