Paul McCartney: MJ Was a Talented 'Boy Man'

6/26/2009 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul McCartneyPaul McCartney, who warred with Michael Jackson when he bought up the rights to the Beatles catalog, released the following statement:

"I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."

Party 'till you die!

Spoiled, overrated NancyBoyMan! Bugger off, you boy buggerer!

ajay

Do you think maybe he meant that he was talented as both a boy and a man? Only in today's time could someone try to spin something so rediculous.

Libby

McCartney is such a hypocrite, he has publicly avoided Michael Jackson for years and its only now that he feigns compassion because he thinks it will give him some media coverage. Mcartney is arrogant and only interested in feathering his own nest.

Sally

Scream scream I love you Paul!

Diane

He was a sensational, creative, and talented person. He had a unique quality and an innocent spirit. He will be missed in this household. I love and adore him. May his soul rest in peace. My heart goes out to his family. A TRUE FAN.

John the Baptist

Why all the whining from Jackson supporters (obviously in denial about his penchant for young boys) about
the motives of those who offer their condolences? Paul is a classy guy. I have no doubt about his sincerity.

Tony

This is what I call the 'Ayrton Senna effect': everyone who bitched about the guy loved him when he was dead. Pity McCartney didn't feel so honoured when he spoke with the media saying he wished the catalogue was sold to someone else - and in doing so automatically assuming he was guilty.

R.I.P. Michael, thanks for the memories.

John the Baptist

olddrunk

Excellent points. Paul was being gracious, all things considered. According to Yahoo.com, Jackson died
some $400 million in debt. Has there ever been anyone on this planet worse with money than MJ? Anyway,
I doubt Paul will see those music rights. Nor, I suspect, does he care.

josi

IT'S A NICE THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U ROCK PAUL McCARTNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP MJ :'(

Sarah

It's nice that Sir Paul put it so gracefully.
Michael wasn't perfect, but who is? Isn't there something in the Christian bible that says, "Let ye who is without fault cast the first stone?" Or something like that. Most of the bible is useless, but this quote is quite a gem.

blackmamba

WHEN ONE IS SUCCESFULL AND YOURE ON TOP EVERY ONE WANTS TO BRING YOU DOWN, MICHAEL JACKSON TO ME WAS THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME. HE WAS A GIANT. i TRULY BELIEVE THAT HE ACTUALLY LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY BUT THE NEGATIVITY ABOUT HIM WILL BE OVERSHOWED BY THE GREAT THINGS HE DID AS A HUMAN BEING. HE HAD AN ENTOURAGE THAT DIDNT HAVE HIS BEST INTEREST, INSTEAD THEY GAVE HIM BAD ADVICE AND TOOK HIS MONEY ...............................BUT MICHAEL I SIT HERE AND CRY , BUT THANK YOU IMMENSLY FOR KEEPINGME ENTERTAINED AS A CHILD AND AS AN ADULT! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Posted at 8:26AM on Jun 26th 2009 by blackmamba

So so

Olddrunk hit the nail on the head. McCartney's response was proper. MJ's talent will be missed more than the man himself - at least by the rational thinking public - hopefully!

Jerry

PFFFT.
All of you are drowned in Michaels rose colored glasses.
I will never like the man/boy. I love the music!!
He screwed over Paul McCartney to the tune of millions just because of his greed.
He and Paul were the best of friends up until the day after Michael aquired all of the beatles music.
Paul is NOT mad at Michael because he aquired the beatles music, it's because he lied to Paul in the days up to aquiring the music to get paul to back off of bidding for his own music.
I think all of you rose colored glasses Michael Jackson fans need to look up Just exactly what Michael Jackson did to Paul McCartney and how he did it...
After the incident with Paul, Paul tried numerously to call Jackson and Jackson would never take his calls. And that was what over 10 years ago? What a two faced person Michael Jackson was.
But All is war in fun and games to a child like Michael.
Michael Jackson RIP but all the beatles will die someday and I don't think you will be able to ignore their calls this time

Love the Lawyer

He's all supportive now that he may be able to get his hands on the Beatles music catalog!

Rock Singer

Paul Speaks ....Now can I have me songs back.... and John's too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments