Jackson's Kids: 'We Want to Stay with Grandma'

6/27/2009 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources close to the Jackson family tell us Michael Jackson's three children -- Michael Joseph, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine and Prince "Blanket" Michael II -- say they want to stay with their grandparents, specifically Katherine.

michael jackson Katherine Jackson

Sources say MJ's kids will continue to live with Katherine Jackson at the family's Encino home. We're told the family is 100 percent behind this -- feeling that Katherine and Joe Jackson are the only people who can help the children understand who their father was, help them grieve, and teach them to deal with life in the spotlight.

We're also told the kids are healthy but, as expected, they "miss their daddy." They have no relationship with Debbie Rowe, who is the biological mother of Michael and Paris.

All of this will be critical to the case if, as expected, Rowe fights for custody.

Ashleeee

LET THOSE DAM KIDS STAY WITH THEIR MEE MAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THOSE DAM KIDS STAY WITH THEIR MEE MAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THOSE DAM KIDS STAY WITH THEIR MEE MAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THOSE DAM KIDS STAY WITH THEIR MEE MAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lls

MJ is NOT I repeat, is NOT the biological father to any of these children, Someone elses sperm was used to father the 3 children. If the Jackson family raises these children then we can all expect to watch the drug addiction begin with the children! It is only a matter of time...............all 3 of them will eventually want to numb the pain!

whocares

First it is my understanding the Katherine and Joe do not live together and haven't for years. Other than Janet and MJ, we know very little of how the rest of the kids turned out, nor do we know how they have raised their own children. It doesn't matter if it is Michael's DNA. They were legally his kids, just as my step-father adopted me at 1, and then he died when I was 12, my biological father had NO STANDING in court. Additonally my biological father was replaced on my birth certificate with my step-fathers name. To me my step father was the only father I loved. So, DNA isn't really going to matter.

JoeP

I'm so sick of everyone saying his parents screwed him up. The media has NEVER respected this man's privacy, every single aspect of his life was ammunition for the tabloids and the stalk-a-razzi hunted his every move like they did Princess Di and so many entertainers and then we ask stupid questions like, why was Mike so depressed? And as for the molestation charges, people believed it because THEY WANT IT TO BE TRUE not because they took the time to get all the facts.

catherine howard

after doing such a "good" job of screwing up Michael Jackson..i cannot fathom how someone could trust his parents to take proper care of those children!!!there has to be a normal person in that family who could take over ...

Lisa

Although its important for the children to know their mother and possibly live with her, its not right that this happen as they dont know her and it would have a negative effect on them. They make only be 11 and 12 but they are old enough to make up their own mind. They need to be with their family so they can feel safe and be helped to grieve for their dad and somehow live a normal life.Its hard for Michaels fans to believe he is gone but his music is what wil keep his memory alive for his fans and provide some financial security for his children.

HarleyQuinn

Joe Jackson is a child abuser. MJ was all messed up because of him. Katherine just stood there and let her husband abuse her children. Is Joe gonna take all their money and make them carry bricks... And for Debbie Rowe, she already said she didnt want them the kids were a "gift" for him and a nice payday for her. I think Janet needs to step up and take these kids. She is quiet, stays out of the spotlight as much as possible, in a stable relationship and already too old to have some of her own. They need to go with their aunt.

Beth S

RIGGGHHT of COURSE the grandparents should raise these kids.
They did such an AWESOME job of raising Michael and his sibs...

especially JOE, wow. From what we know he is the LAST one who should be managing....er I mean Raising them.
Well, the show must go on-

ugh.

jds

I think the 2 biological kids should stay with their grandparents for now, with a slow transition to eventually live or share custody with Rowe.

Chip

Max is a little bit out there. Did his parents aver send him to Never Never Land Ranch? :-)

ileandromp

Joe Jackson? Oh, hell no!!

TenishaToday

I think all of the people who seem to think that these kids belong with Debbie Rowe need to go watch Losing Isaiah if they have not already. Here is what disturbs me with the logic you guys are using. Some of you claim the Jackson family is too messed up to raise the kids. Others say that the kids will have normalcy if they are with Debbie Rowe. Okay first and foremost, Debbie Rowe already knew how screwed up the Jackson family was when she let Michael have full custody of the children while he was alive. Second, if you people believe that Michael was a child molester then you must also logically conclude that Debbie Rowe willingly let her kids stay with a child molester - if that is your version of a good parent then I'm glad I'm not one of your kids. Third, these are MICHAEL JACKSON'S kids!!!! They will never have the kind of normalcy that non-celebrities kids will have, and i find it somewhat amusing that none of you recognize that it was Michael himself that protected the kids identities for this long. While he was alive they could go out in public without being recognized, now everyone will know who they are because of course the media is not going to just not plaster their images everywhere. If Debbie Rowe really wanted her kids she should have fought for them while Michael was alive instead of waiting for him to die. And, let's not forget that these kids have a surrogate mother in their nanny. NOW, GO WATCH LOSING ISAIAH!

joe

sad situation no matter what. i'm skeptical that the kids had that much contact with katherine and joe anyway. by almost all accounts, joe was TERRIBLE to michael. i'd love to see what his will says...

whocares

Off Topic~ TMZ I want to know what Gov Sanford's mistress looked like.... get us a photo!!!!

filth

I HAVE THE MOST PERFECT SOLUTION....

GIVE THEM TO MADONNA.....