Jackson Ticket Odds Are Bad -- Very Bad

7/4/2009 8:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonDon't book your plane tickets yet -- you're probably going to be watching the Michael Jackson memorial from home.

A spokesman for the Jackson family revealed that after only seven hours, over 500,000 people had entered the lottery for memorial tickets. Okay, time for some quick math: that means that roughly 71,500 people per hour have signed up. And if you extend that rate for the remaining 25 hours (especially since the lottery has been opened up to the entire world), you get a total number of around 2.3 million.

Only 8,750 of those people will get tickets to the memorial (two tickets per person), and some of those people will get only get passes to the "satellite event" in the Nokia Theatre across the street-- like watching it on TV but in a pressure cooker with thousands of other people.

The bottom line: a 0.4% chance of getting a ticket. The good news? You're still more likely to get a ticket than get struck by lightning.

liz

IT IS WAAAAYYYYY TOO LATE FOR AN OPEN COFFIN VIEWING !!!! Michael is not going to be at Staples in any form.

Michael is at Forest Lawn Cemetery

King of TMZ

Here are the potential MJ Killers:
- Dr Murray
- Dr Klein
- All his former doctors
- SONY with a command from Tommy Motolla (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkDTQB7KSo)
- JewLuminati as they didn't like his "anti-semitism" in History album & his breaking off the records set by "superior" "white" Elvis & Beatles, as well as didn't like the legacy of world justice and peace, & breaking all time records
- AEG can be responsible for his death, so to gain Billions & Billions as a result of insurance etc.

Any of these could be closely related to the murder of MJ, now we're just focusing on the Drs. but we have to see the full picture and focus on the whole possible scenario.

Enough his Enough! & Michael & the World needs justice & I hope the press will contribute to that rather than play in the ignorance side of the world's devils.

Spread the word

God bless MJ the ultimate best.

liz

The people in the US don't have much a chance at attending either. It just all happened to fast they didn't have time
to work out every detail.

Watch it on the telly

There is talk of more memorials being held around the US and the world, so watch for one coming near you

liz

BEN, AEG would have got a lot more money from the tour then the insurance policy. They are in the hole bigtime.

liz

The reason the Memorial is being held at Staples, is because AEG owns it, it is smaller, but they didn't have to pay for it, Joe and Katherine are bankrupt, Michael always paid their bill because they have no money, most of the kids except Janet have no money or jobs either.

If they had it at a bigger place, they would have to charge $$$ for the fans to come, and they wanted it to be for free, it is even free to the tv networks and cable companies to broadcast it

Shellybug

I registered for tickets on the off chance i will get my hands on two of them, if i do get them i will not use them I only did it to keep two of you idiots from attending this farse they are about to inflict on all of us. MJ was a drug addict singer with a penchant for little boys. not a life worthy of celebration if you ask me.

JOHN DOE

I THINK THIS WHOLE MJ MEM SERV IS STUPID HIS BODY ISN'T GOING TO BE THEIR AND YOU HAVE LAPD THEIR THAT IS COMMING OUT OF TAX PAYER POCKECT WHEN YOU HAVE CALIF IN A BIG DEBT I WOUNDER WHY WE PEOPLE IN CALIF ARE IN A BIG DEBT BECAUSE WE ARE PAYING FOR STUPID THING LIKE THE MJ WHEN THE JACKSON FAMILY SHOULD BE PAYING FOR INSTED OF TAX PAYER. CALIF NEEDS TO GET OUT OF DEBT AND NOT GET MORE IN DEBT

singermagic1

re # 57, Just Wondering, I to was surprised with the timing, my guess is that the circus will park temp at either the Convention Center by Pico or the Shrine east lot, by 32nd street. I don't know what the call time was to be for the load in for the circus but I am betting the load out from the memorial will be taking place as the load in for the circus is starting. Staples is a Union venue and I am also betting that AEG is going to be paying the OT for the circus crew to work through the night to finish the set up. I am also betting since the circus is going to have to load in , they will be trying to push the MJ crowd out as quickly as possible, something I am sure the people that came for the memorial will not be happy about. I expect they will want to linger

Andrea

You are the one that will burn in hell-not Michael, David L. (the venom spewer).

Ashleeee

MJ looking like a damn GIRL in this pic................probably got boobies too

Dayvid

Actually you have the numbers wrong TMZ...it was over 500 MILLION hits within 1.5 hours! Not 500,000! You people are losing your touch...

YouIdiots

#36 - you're an idiot if you think nobody but foreigners will show up. MJ is loved by millions arund the wiorld - including americans. You're going to feel pretty dumb when you see the thousands of americans show up and how many more millions watch it live on television

fordtocarr

Actually, opening it up to the world, lessens the crowd, because no one can really afford to pull off a trip to LA in just 2 days. So having people from all over not being able to go if they win means less people there and crowd control etc. Too bad....but it will boost a new item for sale to keep MJ in the news for even longer....the TICKETs of unused winners. If I win---I don't know what I'll do. I want to be in the middle of a historic event with the musician I've always loved. But, financially??? I'll have to sell SOMETHING FAST!!

REAL

It that a Recent Picture of MJ ??

He looks so thin... look at his face , you can see the bones in his face like a skeleton..

Maybe if He had of eaten a few Big Macs maybe the meds would have not been to strong for him..
I mean that in a good way..... The ammount of any drug is gauged on a persons weight.
I weigh about 250 so I would be able to take more that a person who weighs 115 pound like
I have heard MJ was....

juanita

How Ironic.....Michael Jackson loved Willie Wonka. And that's what this ticket lottery reminds me of, who wins the golden ticket?