Jackson's Concert Plan -- Thriller 2009

7/5/2009 4:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson's "Thriller" video was an iconic moment in music history -- and Jacko planned on recreating it for his upcoming London concert series.

A source who worked on the concerts tells TMZ the show was supposed to begin with a 3D movie with everyone in the crowd getting 3D glasses. It would begin with a girl running through a rainforest and seeing all sorts of animals -- including birds, monkeys, baby wolves, and butterflies.

Eventually she ends up a haunted house and makes her way into a graveyard with a bunch of ghouls and zombies who start popping out of graves (sound familiar?). The "Thriller" music starts to roll, the zombies (aka backup dancers) start to come out of the screen, and then the concert begins with "Thriller."

HIBZ

i wish he only made 1 single concert just one :(((

Ashleeee

ALL OF YOU ARE WACK-JOBS!!!!! SERIOUSLY. GO GET SOME HELP! MJ IS OVER CASE CLOSED

someone

Sounds like it would have been amazing!

lashung

WHAT A LOSS MY HEART IS STILL BROKEN OVER THE DEATH OF MICHAEL JACKSON . I WILL ALLWAYS REMEMBER YOU AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR MUSIC ALIVE

vanstrass

How unbelievable that Michael would put on an opening piece of fabulous theatre such as a 3d Thriller gig! The media had us believe that he was opening with Billie Jean. I have been drifting in and out of a pit of grief and despair since Michael died and now I have reached an all time low. I am now grieving for the loss to my family, my 2 kids that were so excited at seeing the great man at the O2 and sadly will now never see him live I wanted them to experience the sheer[ stop, As I type someone is playing Thriller right outside my window!]. resume! magnitude and electrifying energy that Michael threw out when he was on stage.I saw his dangerous concert twice at Wembely in 92. I have photos of my son when he was 2, he is now 24, hat on head having completely cleared a dance floor of everyone, centre stage, no fear, giving his version of Smooth Criminal! 2 YEARS OF AGE!!!!! That was the effect that Michael Jackson had on generations. I was recently asked to work with a group of children who sadly were detained in a secure setting. I decided to do a Michael Jackson video promo for his then, upcoming O2 gig. I brought in a a small independant film company company to help. We did a great job,I was able to share the joy of Michaels talent with another generation. One of the lads aged 14 was so inspired by the work that we did that we went on to make his own promo with his own rap and moves that was truly a moving inspirational moment for all in the workshop and and all the staff who saw it. This was all possible because of Michael . And we put the whole thing on DVD which of course has now become a tribute to Michael. I would just add that both my son and daughter have both now grown into fine adults and for both of them Michael was the first Artist to influence them and had a a deeply profound effect on their lives they are both now entertainers and I know 4 sure that they would never had taken that route without his lead. We have lost e very special individual. Most people in this terrible world have been touched and moved by Michaels music some when in their lives. I say FORM A QUE ALL THOSE WHO WERE CLOSE TO MICHAEL HIS SO CALLED "ENABLERS ,DOCTORS,AIDES,HELPERS,CONFIDANTES, MINDERS " or who ever or whatever u like 2 call yourselves All of YOU that knew what was going on When your Brother asked you for bread you handed him a stone. If We as True fans of the great Michael Jackson had known We would have at least hatched a plan to kidnap him to rehab!!!!!! For sure.

Gabriela Vidal

People that speak negative about Michael Jackson must live a perfect
life. Michael was a human being with problelms. Relating to mental
and health issues. But despite all that he cared for the hungry and
ill children by donating and raising money. He loved his fans.
Michael Jackson was an Excellent Entertainer.

John

Wow, that would've been Amazing. Damn, why did he had to go so soon. R.I.P. Michael Jackson: The Greatest of All Time!!!

David

wow!

Pickle

they shouldn't call him Jacko. They should call him JackofftolittleboysO!

fun

Original for ever.

MRS.J

THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD OF BEEN A GOOD SHOW. I HOPE THAT THEY CAN SHOW WAT EVERA IT WAS THAT HE WAS DOIN IN REHERSAL BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE NICE

Lois

Who ever wrote this article, don't call him Jacko idiot. That's not nice. It's comments like yours that caused Michael so much pain.

Piper

"Even if these members of the lowest underclass are not brought to justice, they know who they are, and will consequently live the rest of their in the knowledge that they were a part of the evil machine that stood in line back then to 2 "MAKE" something or "GET" something from this gentleman. You all have Michaels blood on your hands. Part of me has died forever so eat that as well. "
I'm quoting vantrass here. Vantrass I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope they all rot in hell that's the best they deserve. They can run but they can't hide. Michael Jackson was an angel. I couldn't care less about the bull$$#@$ charges and allegations. This genius was used and abused for his ENTIRE LIFE. Thank God he had his children or he would probably have died from a broken heart years ago.

sexy wallpaper

Jacko is the phenomenal celebrity and the legend we always respect him, he is the hero, king of pop.

Tara

TMZ, PLEASE CONTINUTE TO (FINALLY) SHOW SOME INTEGRITY AND REFER TO MICHAEL JACKSON BY HIS NAME OR INITIALS BUT NOT "JACKO". THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL AND UNECESSARY AND MOST OF ALL OFFENSIVE. YOU CAN DO AND IN FACT HAVE DONE BETTER THAN THAT.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2