The British Are Coming ... For Jackson

7/5/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThere are reports as many as a million people may come to L.A. for the Michael Jackson memorial on Tuesday. We can tell you for sure -- there's a British invasion.

A rep from British Airways tells us there has been a "huge influx" of reservations in the last few days by people from England trying to make their way to the memorial. The rep says people are "flying as close to L.A. as they can and then taking connecting flights."

In addition to non-stop and direct flights to L.A., flights from Heathrow to San Francisco and from Heathrow to Denver are almost full.

The rep says they expect all flights -- direct and indirect -- to be sold out by the end of the day.

Oh My Goodness

Wow, there are some really DUMB people here. MJ did indeed go all out his way for his fans alot. This man truly appreciated his fans unlike some other selfish artists today. Pretty much almost every week Michael would even allow for his fans to enjoy Neverland. Countless of fans have been to Michael's Neverland Ranch. You can see the proof for yourself on Youtube and many fan sites. When Michael would tour in Europe he would even order tons of pizza for the fans while they were outside his hotel waving and screaming his name. Michael did so many incredible things for his fans that are not much known. Before he died he was hoping to put on the best show on earth for his fans. Everything he did, he wanted to make sure it would be the best for his fans. I just wish he knew he didn't have worry about being the best for us, all we cared about is his well being and health. Our love for him is unconditional and he was more than a icon to us, he was a very special close friend.

Michael Jackson

The Brits are coming for a child molester. The now retired detective that was involved in the Jordan Chandler child molestation investigation appeared on camera on Dateline NBC years ago and said that Jordan DID give the police an accurate description of MJ's genitals. And for you obsessed MJ fans who want to start screaming "Name your source. Name your source." I saw it on Dateline NBC. The detective did say it and I did hear it.

1902 days ago

my opinion and i'll never change it

I think the Chandlers got caught big time in their lies and would only drop the accusations if MJ(actually it was the insurance company that paid) paid out and promised not to counter-sue and press charges against them. Most people who didn't follow the case closely and just relied on media coverage don;t even know that this was going on for over 2 years before it became public. 2 years those parents waited to go public???? Come on, if my kid was being abused it would take all of 5 minutes to press charges, and hold a news conference to warn others. Not 2 years to discuss financial pay outs. Any parent who accepts any cash settlement when these types of accusations are made is a GUILTY LIAR! They also filed in court for the civil suit worth $20 million BEFORE they pressed charges. I know the first thing I'm looking for when my kid is supposedly raped is money. NOT NOT NOT!

hihoe

I AM COMING FROM FLORIDA, I BOOKED MY TICKET LAST NIGHT I AM VERY EXCITED BUT ALSO VERY SAD I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE TICKET I AM NOT SURE IF THE DRAWING WAS DONE, BUT REGARDLESS I WILL BE THERE TO SAY GOODBYE TO MICHAEL HE REPRESENTS MUSIC AND I HAVE TO BE THERE OR I WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

UK healthworker

TMZ must have got a huge new following in the UK - when you announced that MJ had died, BBC News here basically announced, "TMZ have said he's died, and that means it's almost certainly true, because TMZ have a very good reputation for accuracy and they have superb sources" - that is high praise from the BBC!!!

bvidot

#60 wren, you're a perfect example of a cynical American. Tell me, is your cup ever half full? Some Americans must be completely myopic to not be able to see the historical significance of this. This is HIStory, don't you understand?

Coraline:
Yes, we understand history. We actually preserve our national treasures and appreciate them. And I won't say any more about that because I have been to the UK and......nevermind. And as far as history goes - your priorities are out of kilter. We are currently living history. History is worrying about the crazy Korean government pointing missiles at Hawaii; History is our troops STILL fighting in Afghanistan after so many years (and bin Laden STILL alive); history is unemployment figures skyrocketing every single day and familes struggling to make ends meet. And the list goes on. Yeah, we know nothing of history. Yes, we lost an Icon we all grew up with. But please - let's put things into perspective.

I guess we Americans are a littl bie more realistic on what history really is. Oh yeah - we celebrated history yesterday. Do you remember why that date is significant to the United States?

But if everyone from every single country in the world wants to come to LA and the State of California and spend spend spend and spend on hotels, food, cheesy souvenirs, rental cars, etc - hey come on in!!! California DESEPERATELY needs the money!!!

bitzod

BILLY PRESTON DEE DEE SHARP and so on way before the jackson 5.Billy died at 59 TMZ is building death storys by killing for hollywood MOB club

bvidot

wren:

My heart goes out to all of you living in LA for the next few days. Everyone will be effected by this just by going about their daily business - ie going to the jobs that they still luckily have.

I just hope all these visitors don't complain that (1) there was no police presence (2) because of lack of police, the riots and mob mentality that will break out everywhere and (3) everything is so damn expensive!!

But every dollar they spend counts.....

Oh My Goodness

Jordan Chandlers description of MJ's genitals were only accurate because his team of attorney's and lawyers have seen the copies of Michael's genitals way before Jordan did. They gave Jordan all the details. Jordan has NEVER seen Michael Jackson naked and nor has Michael Jackson ever touched Jordan in any sexual way and that is a known FACT!

I find it hilarious that people actually believe Jordan Chandeler's whole made up story by his crazy father and money hungry lawyers.

liz

The Jackson family has stated that this will be a very dignified Memorial Service----No Dance Numbers

Anyone won yet?

Helmut

If the USA will be gone, what will remain and what will be written in future's history books? I don't know, but i know in the chapter about the culture and music of this worldwide empire, there will stand two names: Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.
I don't understand, how people can not see that he is THE cultural symbol for the USA when the empire had maximum power - that he died, when the decline of the empire became undisputable, gives his death a deep symbolic.

What the clash of the WTC symbolizes for the financial system, the death of MJ symbolizes for the culture of the system.

Therefore tuesday will become a historic day. I will watch tv and my thoughts will honor the greatest entertainer and showstar of all times.

ZTrader

LAPD won't be able to stop hundreds of thousands from getting through the barricade(s). It will be a riot, literally.

Please Ignore Parasite Hilton

bvidot and wren,

for the Brits and Europeans in general, America is on Sale, dear. Don't you worry about their wallets and/or credit cards. Just say thank you and adopt a sunnier attitude. It's a guarantee that California will see a huge return on the investment it's making for extra security on Tuesday.

whatthefrig

Hey Marge...#66.......you are a sad person......I guess a molester sticks up for another molester, "honor among molesters!"
Actually I was wrong about burying this freak in an unmarked grave. I should have added: no coffin, just throw him in and let the dirt consume him, dirt for dirt!

Michael Jackson

Hate to break it to you but Jordan spoke to the police and described Wacko Jacko's genitals BEFORE a warrant was obtained to photograph Jackson. Those are the facts.