Diana Ross -- I'll Be There for MJ's Kids

7/7/2009 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diana RossThough she was not at the memorial service today, Diana Ross, who Micheal requested look after his kids in his will if his mother was unable to, released the following statement:

"I am trying to find closure, I want you to know that even though I am not there at the Staples Center. I am there in my heart. I have decided to pause and be silent. This feels right for me. Michael was a personal love of mine, a treasured part of my world, part of the fabric of my life in a way that I can't seem to find words to express. Michael wanted me to be there for his children, and I will be there if they ever they need me. I hope, today brings closure for all those who loved him. Thank you Katherine and Joe for sharing your son with the world and with me. I send my love and condolences to the Jackson family."

atabaw

Corey - what a douche - he dogs on MJ to Larry King & now he is all "he was a good guy" BS act - anything for some sort of pub shot ehe douche bag! MJ's music is a legend. MJ DID have his "wierd" moments, anyone that states otherwise is blind. Also, I do think/feel that the child stuff did have some truth to it, maybe not all truth but some truth. I do feel bad for the kids, If I was Janet, and Paris started to cry like that I would have just broke down right then and there. I never understood the whole cover the face thing, never will either. And the Grandma needs to let the Mother of the two kids come around - the kids are finally free (mask free that is) and MJ is finally free and if he did everything for love, out of love and in the name of love - then that love should be projected to those kids, meaning, no more isolation (biological wise)! One last thing - WHY did Blanket dye his hair black when he has ALWAYS had stark white hair?

bamajama

I hate when people say closure theirs never closure their will always be pain there even when a lot of time passes by. His family and friends will mourn forever its so sad what their going through including all the fans throughout the world.

brown

i wonder if she's drunk at the moment ?????

Oh Yes She Did

You should have been there Diane....Its not about you or what you're going thru...it's about MJ and his family. You should have been up on that stage just like everyone else.....not cool.

buh-bye weiner party!

She's been done with him for about 20 years. Jackson screwed her over several times, and one thing you don't do is cross Miss Ross!

BabyGirl

I think it was WRONG of her not to attend the memorial!

pua

She said exactly what she had to say. She want's to distance herself from this freakshow, can you blame her??

Frozenwilly

wow..no longer MJ was screwed up. Diana Ross was stooping him.

Toro

@ atabaw :
Katherine always said the mother of the kids are welcome to be a part of their lives/ The family's concern is separating them (Paris and Prince going with Debbie - leaving Blanket) I think we al can agree that the kids don't need to be separated, but be together. Within the first couple of days after Michael's death, the family announced that they welcome Debbie's involvement in the kids lives - just don't separate them

Blanket is the youngest and he always had dark hair. Prince Michael (the oldest) had dark hair and it was dyed bleach blonde for several years.

atabaw

MJ allow his very young child to dye his hair stark white at such a very young age.

cp

she could hardly raise her own damn kids ...I am sure she is a good mom but her career did not allow for her to truly nuture her own kids.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

TMZ...spell Michael Jackson's name CORRECTLY

It's Michael Jackson....a before e...got it? .....good.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Jacksons are a screwed up family....hair dye is the least of it....as sad as it is for a young child of 7 years old.

It's all public relations...all the time....til death...actually until AFTER death!

Lisa

I agree she should have been there. He obviously loved and respected her if nothing than for his kids and fans she should have been there. Just 7 years ago she gave her second in line to have his most valuable posession his children.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

That old hag was probably too drunk to show up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments