Billy Mays -- Sticking Around

7/9/2009 6:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Turns out America's favorite pitchman, the late Billy Mays, will live on after his death -- and it's all thanks to a commercial he filmed that has yet to hit the airwaves. The product: Mighty Tape.

Media Enterprises -- the company behind the Mighty Brand products Mays is best known for selling -- announced they'll start airing Billy's last commercial on July 20.

In regards to airing the commercial posthumously, the president of Mighty Brand said, "This is what he would have wanted."

Considering Billy's pallbearers wore OxiClean shirts during his funeral -- we'd say that's a safe bet.

Sherry

Billy will be missed, love the imfomercials

Keyser Soze

first! rip billy

ly9512

I love how the guy's quote is "This is what Billy would have wanted". Just seems a little ridiculous that his dying wish is to air a commercial for a shady product hahaha.

I bet the real reason they're putting this commercial out is so Billy Mays fans will buy the product out of sympathy!

Trixie

I liked Billy Mays on "The Pitchmen" and he will be missed.

John

That's the best Associated Press photo you could find of Billy? That's pretty disrespectful, Harvey.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

"In regards" is incorrect.

Roro

Isn't enough yelling enough? I've put him on my "Let Them Be Dead" along with such other notables as Marilyn, Janis, Elvis, and MJ... Come to think of it he's the odd man out... all the rest died of drugs

PolarBear

Hey, I have no problem watching an ad by Billy at this point. Sure he's way over the top, but in a way, he's NOT offensive in style, just loud. He was a pro. I can think of a lot of promoters and products that should never have hit the market, and Billy May and Oxyclean and whatever this next thing is are not a problem. Sail beyond the sunset, Billy and hold your head high.

moveover

I'm sure he was a very nice guy and by all accounts, much loved by all that knew him. So, from that standpoint, I feel badly about his passing ..... but, I won't miss having to reach for the remote to mute him every time he started yelling about his products. Sorry .... just the way it is.

TORI

The only reason their keeping him on television is because of all the crap their hoping people will buy from watching his commercials. It's always about the money folks not the person!!!

Ooooo Noooo!

Love Billy Mays -- he wasn't a perv like MJ (even Vince the Sham WOW! guy who fist-fights hookers was cleaner than MJ) -- but what is with that awful picture? Hey, TMZ, how about a better picture?

Q

Mays and Ed McMahon both started the same way---boardwalk carnival barker sale pitchers. You do a job like that at an early stage in your life, you can handle any people related situation.

Levin, find some class and get a better photo.

Rob

These people are almost as shameless as Joe Jackson except Joe was Michael's dad and these losers were just Billy Mays' employer.

Linda Mott

I loved Billy Mays commercials and glad to see they are still on the air. I hope his family can reap some of the benefits from the airing of them. I think he would be happy to know they were still on tv.

RONNIE

This idiot is DEAD! stop running his commercial! It is pretty bad he had to make money by YELLING at people.I wish he was...OH HE IS SO STOP IT!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments