Judge to Farina: Forgive and Forget

7/17/2009 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis FarinaIt's as if Dennis Farina never went to LAX with a gun in his briefcase -- because you will never find a trace of legal action against the actor.

Farina's lawyer, Blair Berk, just convinced a judge to allow the actor to withdraw his no contest plea to the reduced charge of entering an airport sanitary area with a weapon. The judge then expunged the charge from Farina's record, which was otherwise unblemished in his 64 years.

Berk told the judge, "not all mistakes should be prosecuted as crimes." Sometimes, a time out is enough.

atabaw

FIRST! Booya!

rimman

Yet another gun nut getting away with a crime.

angellovef

MONEY WELL SPENT ON A LAWYER!

First whores!

First bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First whores!

Damnit! My computer is very slow today. Dang

whazzup

top ten???!!!

fussi

Come back to Law and Order Dennis. We love you.

balls

balls

Rampage

This old goomba gets to run around with a freakin' gun and go scott free. Weren't you black people haters pi$$ed off when Jo Jo, Run's son got off light from a pot charge?

Next time a black gets off light, STFU!

AAYYY, OHHH, 4GEDDABOUDIT!

Chris

I pretty much agree with the judge, based on what I have read. It's the kind of thing where, maybe, he should get the "free pass"/clear record at the end of a year of being a good boy, but I suspect he has learned his lesson.

JOKER

Farina not only played a cop on television, he really was a Chicago cop for many years, rising to the rank of lieutenant. Far from "another gun nut," he understands that a gun is a useful tool in self defense situations, whether you are a cop, or a celebrity who may find himself in a dangerous situation.

He simply forgot that he had it with him before he got to the airport. This happens occasionally and the judge understood that. He desrved a little slack. It's not as if he is some thug.

MY offer is

HISTORY CHANGER.ONE PERSON ON A 911 FLIGHT THAT WAS TRAINED TO HANDLE A HAND GUN .3,000 LIVES MAY HAVE BEEN SAVED.IF IT WAS YOUR FAMILY .HE WOULD BE THE KING OF THE WORLD

JoJo Dancer

Nothing wrong with this decision at all. Money or not, the guy didn't have a previous history. That should mean something. He didn't kill anyone. Judges should use their heads when applying the law equally and fairly.

Gay With Acne

FIRST!

Haha! How does it feel to look at me being first, you fruits! Hahahahaha. Man it feels so good to be first! I'm so much better than all of you. I'd tell all my friends how I am FIRST but they don't return my calls, mostly because they are jealous that I am FIRST all the time.

KM

I know Farina well. He is one of the coolest guys you'll meet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments