Settlement Near in Jackson Custody Case

7/17/2009 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We're told lawyers for Debbie Rowe and Katherine Jackson are working out a custody settlement and the discussions are amicable. One source connected with the case tells us, "It should be settled very soon."

Micheal Jackson's KIds
As for what they're discussing, our sources say the custody of the children -- not money -- is the issue on the table, but that it looks pretty clear Katherine Jackson will end up with custody, assuming the judge goes along. As for what Debbie Rowe wants ... we're told she too is interested in making sure the children are okay.

We're told Rowe is still collecting money from an agreement she and Michael struck several years ago, around the time of the child molestation trial. That agreement was drafted so it will survive Michael's death.

As for additional money, we're told Rowe is not requesting that. In fact, our sources say lawyers for Jackson's estate have not even been consulted about the discussions between lawyers for Katherine and Debbie. If there were any issue of additional monies, the estate lawyers would have been consulted.

MIchael Jackson Family Pictures Click to view!

whocares

Why do people think Janet wants to raise these kids... as someone posted here. Janet had a child and gave it to Rebbie to raise. As for Rowe, many many children seek out their birth parents. It wouldn't hurt for these kids to decide what they want from Rowe, let it be up to the children as they are old enough to decide if they want contact. Having contact with them is not the same as custody.

Karen in Texas

I think some kind of agreement should be put in place like there was when Princess Diana died. These children need to be sheilded until they are at least 18 years old. The media and everyone else should let them have some privacy so they can have as normal a childhood as possible in this situation. Its called respect and I don't think Joe Jackson or the media have any idea what that means in this case.

Mrz. Robinson

There is no need for a cusudy hearing, if I pass away and leave a will stating: My mom is to have custody and so on. There is nothing anybody can say, Fact is grandma, then Diana Ross. Why do things have to be so difficult. It's too much drama, and I'm sure MJ would'nt be happy with the way things are going. I hope the judge follows the will, if not. Then what's the use of having one. And Debbie Rowe needs to stop being so messy. God bless the kids and I wish them the best.

hotie

I would assume the reason she was paid large sums of money was for her to disappear and shut up!

elizabevitale

Until you actually live somewhere and know the people you can't always believe only what you read in the tabloids and what you hear on the news. Debbie (in my opinion and by living in Hollywood) sold those kids for whatever reasons and whatever arrangements. I wouldn't ever sell a child and especially if my own. Adoption is a whole different story.

shan

#28. right!

plus, you never hear...or at least i haven't...heard anything about the Jackson grandchildren being in trouble and i'm sure their age ranges from infant to 40.

yeah, i think janet would be good. she gets it but handled it much better than michael (imo). and if rumors are true...the children wants to be with her. no disrespect to katherine but she knows she isn't long for this planet.

elizabevitale

Debbie, go get some God and love in you. The value is much more than money.

cm

@ Deb ----------------------> RIGHT!!!!! ( love ya for that posting! )

Alibaba

I knew MJ. I lived in Hollywood. I know many celebrities. I am a writer. But MJ wanted to be white and that didn't help my writings. Now TMZ is pulling my posts and watching me. I think they have my telephone number too.

MJ loved his demerol.

Very Proud

• 7. Keep on posting children TMZ..you guys are in the same exact leage as Perez Hilton...when are you gonna start
calling them nasty names??
• Posted at 3:52PM on Jul 17th 2009 by Jennifer

Jennifer……….. If you don’t like what TMZ post on their web site….. Why do you bother coming to look at it or read their postings????????
I LIKE TMZ. While they might get up in people’s business….. It helps to keep the Rich and Famous in Check. TMZ makes sure what they are posting is (Legal & Accurate) at least.

• Keep up the good work TMZ Staff.

Kaybee

YOU HYPOCRITES!! THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE MICHAEL JACKSON FANS JUMPING ON PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE HIM BY SAYING THAT HE WAS A GOOD PERSON, ETC. ETC. AND THE ONES WHO DON'T LIKE HIM JUST BELIEVED THE NEGATIVE STORIES WRITTEN ABOUT HIM. YOU ARE DOING THE SAME BY TRASHING DEB ROWE. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE MEDIA ISN'T JUST WRITING NEGATIVES ABOUT HER??? YOU DON'T!!!!

becky

I would be really really surprised to find out that Blanket is not his blood child. Look at that child. OM Gosh! So cute.
I wish to best for all of them. It is so eye opening to see that some ones quick decisions with out thought to the outcome can change ones life and destiny forever. (The Pepsi Commercial decisions for MJ to stand at the top of the stairs a few seconds longer). So strange... 4 seconds...

Sleezy Relatives

lol TMZ are you being cowards, I guess TMZ sayes Debbie's laywers wont be serving on us...lol

Chico

Elizabeth....I looked you up on the net....and found it hilarious that you posted how you thanked your daughter for making your car payment, yet you claim to have given up fame. PULLLEEEEZE.....you need help lady. I suggest psychotropics.

elizabevitale

25. Elizabeth. If you were a friend of Michaels I would like to know from where. I lived in Hollywood for the longest time and knew Michael and many artists. I always love hearing new real experiences about Michael.