'Burn Notice' Star Torched for DUI

7/20/2009 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeffrey Donovan DUIThe star of that show "Burn Notice" may have been a little too lit up when he got behind the wheel last weekend -- dude was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence in Miami Beach.

TMZ has learned Jeffrey Donovan was arrested on suspicion of DUI last Sunday, July 12th. The 41-year-old posed for a cop cam and was released several hours later.

So far, no comment from Donovan's reps.

Celebrity DUI's

csn

The show is great.

sam

Too bad the cops can't spend their time catching real criminals.

OzFraud

what was his BAC level? Mine was .270!

guest

8. who what? why is this here?

Posted at 11:59AM on Jul 20th 2009 by Shawn Mc

maybe because thats what this thrash site tmz does best

bobjones

im just glad it wasn't bruce...

bonita

I LOVE BURN NOTICE..I JUST FINISHED WATCHING LAST WEEKS EPISODE ON DVR..THEN I SEE THIS NEWS...COULDN'T BELIEVE IT..I hope he has learned his lesson...why do people want to get famous or have a hit show if they are going to screw their lives up? Just don't understand... Jeffrey, wake up and smell the coffee..literally.... All in all, GREAT SHOW...

notabunny

what? WHO?

Rosemarie

What a waste. I like the show but who gives him the right to drink and drive? What a bad example for fans of the show. Get help. I think you need it.

JLV

I do not understand why anyone would drink and drive. I tell people who try and defend drunk driving, "what if you child was out playing and some drunk driver hit them and killed them" and if they don't have any kids what if it was your niece or nephew. There is absolutely no excuse. I am a student and when I go out and party, and get drunk I always make sure I have enough money for a cab. We all drink, but only idiots drive while drunk. I used to love Burn Notice it was my favorite show, but after hearing about this I can no longer watch it. Because every time I watch it now I just think about how Donovan potentially could have killed someone, and I think he will continue to drink and drive until something catastrophic happens. Thanks Jeffrey Donovan for ruining my favorite show.

IPOY

Jeffrey Donovan is not a dumb ass. He has an MFA. He just made an error in judgement. Who hasn't? Let that person stand up and cast the first stone. And, when that person stands up and casts their stone, they had better not make any errors in judgement in the future, either.

Alexa

I thought he was the actor in L.A. Confidential.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4