Chris Brown

Apologizes for Rihanna Assault

7/20/2009 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've obtained a video of Chris Brown telling his fans how sorry he is over the Rihanna assault.

Chris Apology
Brown says he wanted to apologize earlier but couldn't on the advice of his lawyer.

Shennelle

I no if it was y'all, y'all wuuld want another chance everyone deserves a second chance i got one so i believe that u guys shuld give him one too the BIBLE say u must forgive but u dont really have to forget, that dont mean ou shuld hold a grude like y'all doing.

kay

I love how stupid people are sitting on here saying it was all fake, scripted, he should be in jail or get his ass beat. but you wanan know something what he did WAS wrong and i think he learned his lesson your all haten on him because he has money and hes famouse.. out there in this world there are guys who did the same thing but where do u see them.. jail? no there not.. there out in this world no matter where you live still beating there gfs, wifes, mothers, and children... so just leave him alone.. dont sit here and say that stuff because you all know hes sorry, you all know he isnt the only one out there hitting people theres tons of guys who do it.. just back off him.. if your not a fan of him anymore thats your choice, but dont wish bad things on him.. leave him be

to chris.. people will forgive sooner or later but they wont forget, but as long as you have your support team you'll be fine.. take care

siksicsick

He's reading what someone else wrote for him off cards and is POORLY acting, I must say.... to save whats left
of his career. He should be in jail.....He's a sad excuse for a man and his music SU&Ks

MADRADDER

Had he stood up like a man and faced the charges without trying to weasel his way out of them, (which he did)
Had he not gotten special treatment and received a much lighter sentence than usual (which he did)

Maybe I would have given him another chance, but he used his celebrity and his high-powered attorneys to lessen the blow that was dealt to him by the courts, so in my mind, he hasn't paid his debt to society, and therefore, he's done in my eyes. I won't buy another Chris Brown CD, and if I hear his songs on the radio I will change the channel.

He should have stood up to the charges like a man and taken them point blank whatever they were without trying to lessen the charges. He didn't stand up to them, so he got it easy, I hope that was more important to him than selling Cd's, because in the court of public opinion.....HE'S FINISHED!!!

chicken head

is he a follower of Islam??

Ms. T

Good Job Chris...it take a real man to apologize and you did a great job at it wether you read a script or not.....There are many many people that aren't famous hit and beat women all the time but it goes unnotice and for a man to step aplogize its worth it.

Jennifer Bouldack

I don't know...I think he was sincere. I'm not a fan of his, at all, and I can see that he was reading this. Regardless of whether he wrote it or someone else wrote it, I feel like he meant the words he was saying, and he certainly, in my opinion, said the right words.

He didn't hit me, but I am satisfied with his apology and can move on from it.

OBAMA for Presidant!

I hate when people say "aks" S BEFORE K!!!!
He is a jack ass!

Corve

Chris Brown should have done this a long time ago. I think he is doing this to push forward his singing career. But hey. this dude abused a female. He should go away, far far away.
The media is giving this guy a sweet ride for his actions. Goodbye Chris we can do without you. We are listening to Soulja boy now.

Peterson32

Well hjis sorry ass better get used to it-he'll be apologizing for some 1300 hours. They damn well better give him jobs he doesn't want hopefully I'll get a chance to laugh at him in public.

"I'd hit it like Chris Brown!"

GGG

Too late looser.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

HE'S FORGIVEN,

ALL OF YOU JUDMENTAL A-HOLES, GIVE IT A REST.

RHIANNA AIN'T INNOCENT IN THIS FIASCO EITHER, WHERE IS HER APOLOGY SHE WALKING ALL AROUND THE USA LIKE SHE AIN'T HAVE NO HAND IN THIS CRAP.

LEAVE CHRIS ALONE, HE HAS APOLOGIZE, NOW GIVE IT A REST.

HALF OF YOU ARE IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS SO I SEE HOW YOU CAN JUDGE SOMEBODY.

THE ONLY FOLKS THAT WON'T FORGIVE MIKE VICK, AND CHRIS BROWN ARE WHITE FOLKS, ITS THE TRUTH, THEY TREAT THEIR ANIMALS BETTER THAN THEIR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN.

siksicsick

All you silly little girls LOVING CHRIS...you are doomed to be beaten too if you think this is accepted behavior.
Grow up!

rashyluvsbeyonce

His apology seems sincere, but I hate when people apologize without confessing what they did, "the incident", "what occurred", "my mistake", but it is what it is.

MADRADDER